Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMacau Blue M3 on Ebay!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2006 at 06:01

I had a 1990 Macau blue M3 convertible in 1993, so the colour was around then on E30`s. I don`t recall it being special order paint, but I was actively trading BMW`s in those days and do remember a few Macau blue cars that theoretically didn`t exist.

It would seem a very late registration for a Europameister.

MALLORCAMAN
Putting the ///M in Mallorca
Sponsored Links

PJSM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2006 at 06:06
Originally posted by Mallorcaman Mallorcaman wrote:

I had a 1990 Macau blue M3 convertible in 1993, so the colour was around then on E30`s. I don`t recall it being special order paint, but I was actively trading BMW`s in those days and do remember a few Macau blue cars that theoretically didn`t exist.

It would seem a very late registration for a Europameister.

I don't think it was a special order paint for the convertibles, but an option.

It wasn't an advertised option for the 'standard' M3's but I wonder if perhaps given, unofficially, if anyone was adamant enough to demand it?

andrewinuk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2006 at 06:16

Hi Guys,

Dave is right, I have a 1990 Macau Blue with evo 2 spoilers from the factory. I bought it from ML who also stated that it had a 220hp engine. They said that there were a few "parts bin specials" standard cars produced in the last 2 years of the the production run.... how would one confirm this??

PJSM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2006 at 06:33
Originally posted by andrewinuk andrewinuk wrote:

Hi Guys,

Dave is right, I have a 1990 Macau Blue with evo 2 spoilers from the factory. I bought it from ML who also stated that it had a 220hp engine. They said that there were a few "parts bin specials" standard cars produced in the last 2 years of the the production run.... how would one confirm this??

Probably best to get the original spec sheet from your local BMW dealer who should be able to print this out for you.

BTW has you car got the late striped cloth interior? The last cars did indeed seem to come pretty well equipped. I guess BMW must have been giving some good deals to shift the end of line vehicles in readiness for the new improved  E36 M3.

andrewinuk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2006 at 06:42

No cloth, but it does have lots of shiny black leather, along with a sun roof and a/c. Was the perfect spec for me and i just love the colour. The old girl is currently down at ML getting some paint touched up (amongst other things...) so it should look a treat when i pick it up, hopefully next weekend!

And yeah, the improved M3....progress is sometime 2 steps forward one step back! At least it seems that way from the drivers seat from my car....though their E36 M3 Trakmeister for sale (£18k)looks pretty cool....

PJSM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2006 at 06:53
In fact the rare late cloth is quite scary. Its kaleidoscopic pattern could induce nausea from 35 yards. Most seemed to go for leather.
M3Booboo View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2006 at 11:04
...well the auction ends in an hour and its at £7K, having spoken to the chap he swears its a very good one (with some slight rust!) and he wont take less than £7500...so good luck to whoever gets it and no doubt they will appear here soon!
Owned original Sport Evo when new...couldn't resist buying another one 15 years later!
Liltman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2006 at 12:18

Firstly hello to everyone. I am a former owner of 2 e30 m3's and now that I'm single...and come out of a coma for the last 5 years know where my loyalties lie! I'm after a 3rd one. 3 ex girlfriends and 3 M3's..Wonder what gives me more lovin??

I'm from St.Albans, and London Colney is where I drink. Steve is a nice bloke and indeed bought my black M3 off me some years back. He does genuinely love the cars.

To be precise...where he works is a yard in which the units are used as car trader, valeters, paintshop, car storage etc.

I know pretty much most of the tradesmen there..(drink with them) but since I sold my car to Steve havent heard from him. Might have to give him a knock. Seems to be getting better example cars all the time

M3JON View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2006 at 16:25
Originally posted by UweM3 UweM3 wrote:

Originally posted by M3JON M3JON wrote:

I've been there before he has a small workshop no paintshop, he basically buys and sells cars mainly M3's cos he loves them. He seems a pretty genuine bloke for a dealer.

Can you tell me where that is?

Hi Uwe

It's in a small yard opposite the Pastoral centre on the Shenley Road  in London Colney next to a Huge car storage yard. I'll try and find out the address if you need it 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic