FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockede30 325 sport rear silencer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: e30 325 sport rear silencer
    Posted: 14-January-2006 at 11:43

finally got rear silencer fitted to car after what was a bloody nightmare.

tried ecp and the part i recieved didnt fit correctly and the twin pipes at back looked like they could be off a morris minor.

because garage had pretty much destroyed the pipes on old exhaust i had to leave the ecp part on till i got something sorted.

a company call andrew page could supply a back box which was identical to the one which had came off. made by an italian company - pedol for £75

bought this and thought all was good.

when garage tried to fit it they said it wouldnt fit. i tried to explain if one part comes off, an identical part should go on but they didnt seem to grasp this.

it then worked out that i needed extension pipes or welding sleaves to extend the existing exhaust system up to new back box pipes. these were purchased from ecp and fitted and exhaust now great.

i think the bogde master at the garage had cut the pipes on exsisting system to make the ecp part fit when it was the wrong part. when the correct part was then offered up due to the cutting it didnt fit.

garage wont admit to this.

managed to take ecp exhaust back so job not cost me too much more than it should have.

pedol exhaust has the wide pipes which are cut on an angle as stanard bmw part. looks and sounds good

REMEMBER- POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT KELLY REMOULDS
E30 325 Sport - Gone but not forgotten
E36 M3 evo
Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Piece
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic