FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedElectrical Maladies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrical Maladies
    Posted: 18-January-2006 at 20:33

Collected the M635 today after ignition rebuild, suspension rebuild and new timing chain/tensioner (just in time to see that the m5board.com debate about the E36 chain tensioners suitability had reched the Mpower forum - too late now). Going superbly well - suspension parts make a huge difference. Much better ride.

Anyway it has returned with a few strange electrical maladies which I'm putting down to lack of use/sitting about and damp.

When I put the car away for the winter I always run it up to full operating temperature at least once a fortnight and leave it idling with the blower on full blast - keeps the interior free of damp. 

It's been stored inside most of the time it's been away, but I know it has spent some time outside and I doubt if it's been to operating temperture more than once since October.

Anyway pulling on the light switch does nothing.  No sidelights, dipped or main.  No dash illumination either.

Bizarrely, if you  put the front fogs on (while the headlights are switched on) you get  full beam, dash illumination and sidelights, but no dipped beam.  Flick the full beam flash and the front fogs flash as well.  All the lighting relays are pretty hot too.  No fuses gone.

I'm thinking of a bad earth somewhere, but wondered if the symptoms sounded familiar to anyone and if anyone had any ideas on where to start looking?

1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Sponsored Links

siscobmw View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2006 at 05:52

It looks like  there's an error with wires....If mehcanic touched them.If not I can't help you.......

Francesco from North Italy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic