Forum LockedA no smoking forum?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2006 at 18:13

Originally posted by bmwcrazy bmwcrazy wrote:

no smoking in public but lets open the pubs 24/7

Ah yes, but the government hasn't proved that drinking causes deaths (yet)!

(p.s. T*sc*'s allow employee discount on booze but not fags - funny that!)

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Sponsored Links

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1995 M5,1995 318ISE,1997 325

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2006 at 18:34

not yet just cost lots off money  to stop the fights date rape, police security ,guys out cleaning the city centre at 4am ,police cells full of daftys

but as more people stop smoking weres all the taxes going to come from to fund the good old nhs i see what drink does not pretty gone are the days going out with ur pals getting tanked having a kebab and waking up covered in kebab sauce not blood  all night clubs will go members only were u join when ever u go ,but i see the smoking ban does not applie to the house off commans !!!!!!!!!!!!!as its classed as a palace one rule for us another for them

Edited by bmwcrazy
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2006 at 18:40

no smoking in public but lets open the pubs 24/7

nobody forces someone to drink. however, non smokers are forced to smoke in a smoke filled pub (and don't pretend that air con systems clean the air).
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2006 at 18:49

well the air con is turned too hot so u drink more thats if it works pub is pub not a nappy changing room yes its bad i agree bar staff are at risk aswell as none smokers but free will ,choice l. we have all been around smokers so were all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2006 at 19:29
Patio heaters!!!

dirtybeemer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2006 at 20:02

intresting comments here i remember a time when the general members of the public was free to enjoy life you remember when we could eat what we wanted without the health risk you could smoke as many fags as you wanted and where you wanted without the health risk when you could go out with your mates or the wife and not worry about been assulted go to the hospital and not have to wait for four hours to be seen to etc i think its time that DICTATOR B LIAR and his health pushing freaks went, and let us the general public be free once again to live our life's as we used to.

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 04:55
Originally posted by dirtybeemer dirtybeemer wrote:

intresting comments here i remember a time when the general members of the public was free to enjoy life you remember when we could eat what we wanted without the health risk

You can still eat what you like. As for the health risk, it's always been there we just haven't been so aware of it.

you could smoke as many fags as you wanted and where you wanted without the health risk

Again, the health risk has always been there, it just wasn't known about, except by the cigarrette industry who tried to keep it under wraps.

when you could go out with your mates or the wife and not worry about been assulted go to the hospital and not have to wait for four hours to be seen to etc i think its time that DICTATOR B LIAR and his health pushing freaks went,

Hang on, so because of Dictator Blair you cannot go out without fear of being assaulted?? IMO the fear of being assaulted has as much to do with a much greater awareness of crime than an increase in crime.

Surely if he was a Dictator he would hav banned youths from being out after dark. Also the banning of smoking was a cross party thing. Most MPs regardless of party voted for it. 

Is it any less safe for women now than when the Yorkshire ripper was on the rampage?

and let us the general public be free once again to live our life's as we used to.

I'd like to be free to go into a restaurant or a pub and not have to breath carcinogenic smoke. In fact it's an infringement of my civil liberties that I have too.

What you actually should be saying is 'I was happier when I was living in blissfull ignornace of the health risks of fatty foods and smoking'  

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 04:58

and no i dont smoke but live and let live more folk die of being fat b... .... and drink driving

This simply isn't true. Smoking or smoking related diseases kill more people than anything else. Oh and drink driving is against the law. Are you saying they should make fatty foods illegal?

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 05:58
incorrect drink driving is against the law but wow it still kills 1500 people a year do u really think a smoking ban in a club that hold 2500 folk can be worked with 30 stewards ?// no again i will not be inforcing it so all smokers welcome to archaos queen street.
livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 06:11
Where clubs don't make efforts to enforce laws encumbent upon them, won't the Police be seeking that the licence for that club is not approved ?

As has already been said, a lot of people thought this would be unworkable but looking at Ireland it would seem to suggest that it is & does work.

Where do you get the figure 1500 killed a year by drink driving as well ?
Did you just pluck it out of the air ?
It's not correct, the true number is that drinking & driving was a factor present in 590 road deaths in 2004.

Edited by livvy
My views expressed are just that.
Mine & mine alone.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 06:12

incorrect drink driving is against the law but wow it still kills 1500 people a year do u really think a smoking ban in a club that hold 2500 folk can be worked with 30 stewards ?// no again i will not be inforcing it so all smokers welcome to archaos queen street.

How many do you think it would kill if it wasn't against the law?

As for enforcement, it will be up to the management to ensure that people are not allowed to smoke on the premises. I'm sure you will be told to enforce this for them. If the club owners get 2500 fines for not stopping smoking then I'm sure you will have to enforce it or lose your job. I could be wrong though...........

topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 07:22
If you choose to smoke and get an illness related to your smoking don't expect to get looked after first in hospitals etc as your illness is self inflicted and the same goes for other things like drink and drugs why should those who look after themselves be made suffer because others want to kill themselves early or fill up hospital beds etc   
Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 09:51

i agree with both off u but saying if u get sick if u this if that but i pay taxes and so do most smokers yes its bad but so is drugs banning smoking, but mps can smoke at the old house off commans

is this right or do u all worry so much about everybody else worry about ur self .no i would  not loss my job my club makes 25 30 thousand a night over weekened 2500 fine u do the maths police would spend all night dealing with smokers i do not smoke but i do belive in choice .my point was drink driving is against the law but it still happens so will smoking say what u want so will drugs e speed ghd coke all will go on till the end of time u worry so much about ur health but we all drive big fancy cars big engines co2 all that sh..t mobile phone attenas i can go on..

i do agree smoking is bad and something should be done but not a full ban .and saying it works in irealand ,irealand is the size of a ten pence piece my nans house is bigggggger so the affect will not be the same as a large city with many clubs ,pubs i wonder how many on here are aganst smoking but have taking drugs ????????? and yes ull all say no  

Edited by bmwcrazy
livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 11:27

i agree with both off u but saying if u get sick if u this if that but i pay taxes and so do most smokers yes its bad but so is drugs banning smoking, but mps can smoke at the old house off commans

is this right or do u all worry so much about everybody else worry about ur self .no i would  not loss my job my club makes 25 30 thousand a night over weekened 2500 fine u do the maths police would spend all night dealing with smokers i do not smoke but i do belive in choice .my point was drink driving is against the law but it still happens so will smoking say what u want so will drugs e speed ghd coke all will go on till the end of time u worry so much about ur health but we all drive big fancy cars big engines co2 all that sh..t mobile phone attenas i can go on..

i do agree smoking is bad and something should be done but not a full ban .and saying it works in irealand ,irealand is the size of a ten pence piece my nans house is bigggggger so the affect will not be the same as a large city with many clubs ,pubs i wonder how many on here are aganst smoking but have taking drugs ????????? and yes ull all say no  

I'm sure I read that the government are going to make the house of commons a no smoking zone despite it's exemption.

I still don't see how you are going to 25-30 thousand a night if you lose your licence by displaying flagrant disregard for the law in relation to your business.
My views expressed are just that.
Mine & mine alone.
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 12:01

night clubs very diff for it to loss its licence if it does  club changes name on licence and reopens .losing ur licence can take anything up to  a month to a year my club holds 2500 folk so thats a lot off tax for the tax man and if u did not all ready keen most councils are bent

my club has lost it once but reopend 1 month later as far as public was aware we were doing a refit makeover no it is not right before u all start but lifes not fair if the owners off the clubs say do it its done after all its there club 

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 13:08

iam a newly reformed smoker

but iam against the ban because look at how much it has cost pubs n clubs in ireland ??? a great deal i would imagine???? the trade in pubs here that have tried a non smoking policy soon reintrudced smoking because trade was down by a good margin to warrent bringing it back 

yes it has worked very well in ireland[i go regular] when i was a smoker and yep i met the odd good looking irish lass outside

for all you non smokers out there if you dont like smoke then dont go in to pubs that dont have a designated [non smoker] section

its a dogs world out there

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 14:50
Originally posted by pma1ums pma1ums wrote:

for all you non smokers out there if you dont like smoke then dont go in to pubs that dont have a designated [non smoker] section

Or wait for 16 months until it is banned.

I'm just about to get the bus to the pub now, so in about 3 hours I'll be 5-6 pints better off and probabaly stink of fag smoke, but hey the beers worth it.

It will be so much better though when pubs are smoke free

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 15:06
One of the worst things about going for a few shandies, is in the morning your clothes stink of fags.
When I smoked after a good night out I'd wake up with a bit of a ropey head and a tight sore cheast.
Now I don't, I just wake up with a ropey head.

I've got a half smoked packet of cigs at home which has been in a kitchen drawer for months.. once in a while if stressed enough I may have one (but go outside and sit in my car). Having a packet stops me from buying more - knowing it's there. You can pick them up, smell them and then put them back.

If you go in a pub and lots of people are smoking - you are more inclined to light up, go in a pub which is non-smoking and you don't miss it (I don't anyway)
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 15:20
For decades the government allowed cigarette advertising etc and gleefully reaped in their taxes from it-this is only a facade stance for public support at next election as they've figured out finally where to recoup lost revenue from by people stopping smoking.

Nicotine plus various other substances found in ciggies are more addictive and powerful drugs than heroin so lighting up isnt that much of a choice for a smoker-theres a habit that needs feeding.
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 17:26

this is good free speech we all have our wee say and not fall out may be we should have a wee poll, for or against the ban, just a wee idea

good points bye everybody

dazzcat 797 400 when i was working in canada 400 ton ba...to fix

Edited by bmwcrazy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic