Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA no smoking forum?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 18:05
Alot of English people still come over to Dublin for the weekend and they don't seem to be put of by the no-smoking ban in pubs/clubs etc so it will work cause if people change to suit it will work if you fight it you would only be putting yourself out... oh yeah and when you all come over for the coursing its outdoor so can smoke as much as you want  
Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
Sponsored Links

dirtybeemer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 20:29

peter fenwick wrote

Hang on, so because of Dictator Blair you cannot go out without fear of being assaulted?? IMO the fear of being assaulted has as much to do with a much greater awareness of crime than an increase in crime.

is it not b liar and his party that makes the law and what do these idiots get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again great deterrant i think not.

peter fenwick wrote

Surely if he was a Dictator he would have banned youths from being out after dark. Also the banning of smoking was a cross party thing. Most MPs regardless of party voted for it.

How do you know if the curfew aint coming next and i never said he passed it i know it was an all party thing.

peter fenwick wrote 

Is it any less safe for women now than when the Yorkshire ripper was on the rampage?

yes i think so its one less idiot on the street so has to be a degree safer.

peter fenwick wrote

I'd like to be free to go into a restaurant or a pub and not have to breath carcinogenic smoke. In fact it's an infringement of my civil liberties that I have too.

you are free to go into a resturant or any pub you are fully aware that there is people smoking in these places and that you breath in carcinogenic smoke but you still choose to go in them so you are putting yourself at risk many restaurants banned smoking over a year ago and some have smoking and non smoking banning smoking isnt that an infringment of a smokers civil liberities too.

peter fenwick wrote 

What you actually should be saying is 'I was happier when I was living in blissfull ignornace of the health risks of fatty foods and smoking'

too right i was matey, i could not smoke, drink, i could take regular exercise eat healthily be the fittest person alive but that dont eliminate the risk that i could be hit by a bus tomorrow or wrap my beemer round a tree we are all given a number and when its called it is called, so i say live for today not the future

Edited by dirtybeemer
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1995 M5,1995 318ISE,1997 325

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2006 at 22:36

dirtybeemer
on u go son big mad pure mental nanny state makes me think why my great grandad died in the war ??????????????

so some stuch up d..k can say lets ban this cause that will get us votes.pm"s a wa..k and so is the scottish first minister just wee tonys rent boy highest taxed gas going up, fuel ,work till ur a 120 id cards think i"ll move to afgan more freedom there !!!!!!!!!! well thats my 10 pence shot me down in flames i can take it,,what voices

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2006 at 05:29

Originally posted by Stone-IslandM3 Stone-IslandM3 wrote:

Nicotine plus various other substances found in ciggies are more addictive and powerful drugs than heroin so lighting up isnt that much of a choice for a smoker-theres a habit that needs feeding.

i couldnt agree more with you ;when i was a smoker i used to tell peaple that hadnt smoked the same and guess what'they didnt belive me

i smoked 40 red malboros aday and i didnt want to stop 'i just said thats it ive had it with these things and i stoped there and then 'and for the next week of life i just took each hour as a bonus that i didnt light up

and yeah it was hard lol i could have killed anyone that was near me ;but you just crack on with it and pack inn

before anyone says iam one of those reformed smokers ;then you would be wrong

my girlfreind smokes around the house/car/me 'and it doesnt bother me one bit because i just think back to how i felt for the first 4 weeks of stoping

i still dont want to see a ban but it looks as if nothing is going to change it

perhaps lounge bar for all those fit healthy non smokers;and perhaps the bar side for guys and gals that want to have a good ciggie????

surely thats not asking to much is it? 

its a dogs world out there
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2006 at 11:25
Originally posted by dirtybeemer dirtybeemer wrote:

How do you know if the curfew aint coming next and i never said he passed it i know it was an all party thing.

Councils have tried to introduce curfews, not the govenrment mind, and I think they are a good idea in some places.

peter fenwick wrote 

Is it any less safe for women now than when the Yorkshire ripper was on the rampage?

yes i think so its one less idiot on the street so has to be a degree safer.

I could be wrong but I think we are agreeing here?

peter fenwick wrote

I'd like to be free to go into a restaurant or a pub and not have to breath carcinogenic smoke. In fact it's an infringement of my civil liberties that I have too.

you are free to go into a resturant or any pub you are fully aware that there is people smoking in these places and that you breath in carcinogenic smoke but you still choose to go in them so you are putting yourself at risk many restaurants banned smoking over a year ago and some have smoking and non smoking banning smoking isnt that an infringment of a smokers civil liberities too.

If anyone chooses to take part in a pass time/vice that affects other people in such a negative way they they should expect people to object. Smoking kills, passive smoking kills. Is it an infringment of my civil liberties that I can't fire a gun on my local highstreet??

too right i was matey, i could not smoke, drink, i could take regular exercise eat healthily be the fittest person alive but that dont eliminate the risk that i could be hit by a bus tomorrow or wrap my beemer round a tree we are all given a number and when its called it is called, so i say live for today not the future

Your right, but if your careful you won't get hit by a bus, If you don't drive like an idiot you won't wrap your car around a tree, however if you smoke you stand a very big chance of dying prematurely from a smoking related illness. Living for today is great up to a point, however if you only ever live for the moment tomorrow could turn out to be very bad.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2006 at 13:27
Eat, drink & be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease.
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2006 at 13:54
Originally posted by Stone-IslandM3 Stone-IslandM3 wrote:

Eat, drink & be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease.

Doesn't say smoke in that phrase though.
My views expressed are just that.
Mine & mine alone.
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2006 at 13:58
smoke ,hash ,smoke, hash, smoke, hash die happy  
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2006 at 14:02
Absolutely all in that order my friend
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2006 at 18:17

You know, "they" say that if you give up Smoking, Booze, all food bad for you, and do exercise - you'll live longer!

WRONG!

It just seems longer!

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2006 at 23:52

thepits

lol son lol !!!!

Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 03:52
Smoking included under 'be merry'

Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 10:28

Originally posted by bmwcrazy bmwcrazy wrote:

smoke ,hash ,smoke, hash, smoke, hash die happy  

LOL, you missed out the wake up every morning and cough up loads of brown crap.

A couple of my mates smoke a lot, including some herbal 'cough' cigarrettes! . What I have noticed is that now we are all in our thirties just how much they cough and wheeze. It might not get you in your 20's but they are really starting to show the signs now. Yeah live for the moment, but don't think you'll die happy. It just doesn't work like that!

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 10:30
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

Don't suffer from that though I plan to quit before I do.... Mebbe this year

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 13:35
I dont wake up in the morning coughing and wheezing and fetching loads of brown stuff up and im half way through my thirties and as for not dying happy how do you know when youre going to go example could be on the golf course just got a hole in one fall down dead or could even be having sex  therefore to me HAPPY
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 16:22
Originally posted by pma1ums pma1ums wrote:

iam a newly reformed smoker

but iam against the ban because look at how much it has cost pubs n clubs in ireland ??? a great deal i would imagine???? the trade in pubs here that have tried a non smoking policy soon reintrudced smoking because trade was down by a good margin to warrent bringing it back 

yes it has worked very well in ireland[i go regular] when i was a smoker and yep i met the odd good looking irish lass outside

for all you non smokers out there if you dont like smoke then dont go in to pubs that dont have a designated [non smoker] section

The smoking ban didn't have that much of an impact on irish pub trade. The fact that many people cannot afford to prices now is more of a factor. Proir to the ban two years ago the publicans increased their prices and this had more of an effect.

Originally posted by Derek M5 Derek M5 wrote:

Don't suffer from that though I plan to quit before I do.... Mebbe this year

Are you a smoker?
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 16:31
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

The smoking ban didn't have that much of an impact on irish pub trade. The fact that many people cannot afford to prices now is more of a factor. Proir to the ban two years ago the publicans increased their prices and this had more of an effect.

Exactly what I heard from someone with direct experience of the trade in Ireland (works as a forecaster for the 2nd largest alcoholic drinks company in Ireland). According to him, there are more pubs now than when the ban came in, not less & if there is any impact on sales it can be attributed to substantial price increases.

Edited by livvy
My views expressed are just that.
Mine & mine alone.
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 16:48

Peter Fenwick wrote:

same here no problems what voices

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2006 at 05:39
Originally posted by bmwcrazy bmwcrazy wrote:

Peter Fenwick wrote:

same here no problems what voices

No need to shout.

Maybe not now but how healthy do you think you will be when your 50 or 60? Or perhaps you don't care.

I don't have a problem with enjoying myself now. I do after all like a drink but there is a line, a fuzzy one mind you, between living for the momnet and looking after the future.

However when it comes down to it, it is your choice whether to smoke of not. But it is also my choice not to smoke of to have smoke inflicted on me.

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2006 at 06:30

Peter thats a queston that cant be answerd as you are talking of the future, i cannot see into the future mine been hairy not crystal, but as for living for the moment you must agree that every day to us is a bonus, as you dont know if youre going to end up with your liver been pickled due to drinking, we all have a choice in life and you choose not to smoke fair comment, but you do choose to have smoke inflicted on you by going in a smokey pub may not like it but its the truth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic