FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBritish Justice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1995 M5,1995 318ISE,1997 325

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2006 at 19:26

no i dont think so i work at archaos next to the cube and i have a lot of asian mates who fall pray to the fannys we call the strathclyde police just because they drive bmw , nice cars as u will keen the neds cause more hassle and what do the police do f... all and as for taking sides i:am no angle bit of a bad ass been in jail in my younger days

like i said its a hard one some folk are just small minded i lived in botswana for a while i dont like the word race as is means we are diff jaffy my pal who owns a shop brand new guy speaks better scottish than me but when we all go out i see the looks but after our fifth vodka who cares . we are all the same pure mental scottish and proud off it . i dont see my friends as black brown white i see them as my buddies my family

Edited by bmwcrazy
Sponsored Links

livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2006 at 19:27
Originally posted by Robmw Robmw wrote:

He then pleaded guilty to Careless Driving !

Whoever plea bargined this down to Careless driving is equally guilty as is the Judge for accepting the plea bargain

Plea bargain nothing.

As regards the actual driving & hitting the girl there is little more they could charge him with than what they did.

You'd never get a conviction for death by dangerous & there isn't yet an offence of death by careless driving. (which he would have been & could have been convicted of & imprisoned for in the future)
My views expressed are just that.
Mine & mine alone.
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2006 at 19:35
Well its good to know that you're cultured Dazz..unlike some. well we'll need to get a night arranged so we all get pished together

Livvy, he can still be taken for civil proceedings is that correct?

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2006 at 19:39
Originally posted by m3tiko m3tiko wrote:

Well its good to know that you're cultured Dazz..unlike some. well we'll need to get a night arranged so we all get pished together

He could , but what can they take off someone who has nothing ?
Mine & mine alone.
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2006 at 19:40

na bother son welcome at my dancing any time......................

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2006 at 19:41
m3tiko wrote:

livvy wrote
He could , but what can they take off someone who has nothing

his bus pass

dazz

Edited by bmwcrazy
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 04:24

Seems to me we have "secret handshake" boys on this forum...no names of course.

Really! Please elaborate

So what a certain british political party is doing by reprinting those islamic cartoons is politically correct??

Don't want to get carried away with this topic...just disgraceful attitudes IMO

Which party? and are you saying they are right?

Which attitudes are disgraceful?

I'm having trouble working out what side of the arguement you are on.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 04:27

Originally posted by Doive Doive wrote:

- the idea that one group is given more lenient sentences than another makes me annoyed, and that goes for white, asian, african, whatever.

Well it seems that the general consensus in this post is in belief that this is the way our judicial system is operating.....

I think this belief is based on the way some stories are reported by the media. It is not, IMO, based on fact. You only ever get a very small selection of crimes/trials/verdicts published in the press. So how can we possible get an over all view of what is happening across the board. Is it possible that this story was reported on and the ethnic origin of the defendant made known to perhaps give the impression that he was given a lesser sentence becuase of his skin colour? I think this is more likely. Why is the ethnicity of people important when reporting crime, other than as a tool to create this kind of stir. If he had been white would anyone have said 'he got off lightly because of his skin colour, the judge/crown prosecution are obviously racist and so went for a lesser offence' ? I think not.

Edited by Peter Fenwick
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 07:23
Originally posted by livvy livvy wrote:

You'd never get a conviction for death by dangerous & there isn't yet an offence of death by careless driving.

Well there you go - if it was my little girl the b@5trd killed I'd be waiting for him in 12 weeks with my foot ready to "slip" on the accelerator by accident. Sorry officer I had a careless moment. Disagree? Prove it.

It does seem that he was "rewarded" for giving himself up. I think the race issue is something of a red herring which will only muddy the waters further. If the current law can't provide adequate justice who can?

A similar incident happened just outside Newcastle. The victim (an old woman) was dragged under the van for a couple of hundred yards. The perp got more than 12 weeks but when he comes out he knows he's a dead man.
AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 07:41
What side of the argument am I on????? Have I not made it clear that i'm against the "colour" issue/remarks made by some.

Irrespective of the outcome, people here think that the resulting verdict was due to the defendants colour...thats utter rubbish. We dont know all the facts surrounding this case....oh but we know he was an "asian", thats why he got a kinder charge..bollocks.

Some people call themselves "liberal"...think again chumps.

My referring to the party in question was the BNP...I read in an article that they were printing the cartoons (danish origin) in their next newsletter etc...Is that politically correct? If Jesus was depicted in a cartoon in a similar way by some islamic extremists would there not be public uproar???

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

dirtybeemer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 07:43

Is it me or does this topic seem to be going down the lines of race and religion ?

well i have just recieved a letter from the CPS this morning asking me if i have anything planned in the next six months as they may require me to be a witness to an affray that i interviend in back in july another draw back to the legal system in this country is that it has already been 7 months and the three guilty people all white i might add have not enterd a plea yet, and the case has been set for the 10 th march where they will be entering there plea, the three in question have four witnesses against them, cctv against them, and all three have been identified in a id parade so i have to wait to see if they plead GUILTY or not, in the letter it states Your continued cooperation is greatly appreciated and vital to the delivery of JUSTICE i cant wait to see what that is.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 08:00

What side of the argument am I on????? Have I not made it clear that i'm against the "colour" issue/remarks made by some.

Irrespective of the outcome, people here think that the resulting verdict was due to the defendants colour...thats utter rubbish. We dont know all the facts surrounding this case....oh but we know he was an "asian", thats why he got a kinder charge..bollocks.

Some people call themselves "liberal"...think again chumps.

My referring to the party in question was the BNP...I read in an article that they were printing the cartoons (danish origin) in their next newsletter etc...Is that politically correct? If Jesus was depicted in a cartoon in a similar way by some islamic extremists would there not be public uproar???

I agree entirely

Fey! View Drop Down
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 10:25

M3tiko - I've just read this thread, and I don't see anyone outwardly saying that the guy got off lightly because of his skintone.  In fact, several people have pointed out that minority groups are MORE likely to be targetted by the police due to their ethnicity than white people, which most of the people here deem to be what's unfair.

Regardless of the guys creed, 12 weeks is a BS sentence.  He must have had either one hell of a solicitor, or else someone somewhere messed up on the evidence.  And now there's precedent for any similar cases that follow, just to make things worse.

As for the political thing, I haven't seen the Danish cartoons, but if they deliberately cause upset for people, they should be pulled.  Using them knowing how people feel just shows the ignorance of the people using them, be it politicians, newspapers or companies.

Political Correctness - you can't do anything without upsetting someone these days; everything has to be taken so bl00dy seriously.  Personally, I blame the fact that everyone sees suing someone else as a way to make a quick buck, so mountains get made out of molehills.  I'm Irish, and I've probably heard every Mick and Paddy joke there is, and have been subject to the "he's Irish so he must be just another thick Paddy" mentality.  Ignore it - again, it's the person with that mindset displaying their ignorance and stupidity for all to see!

This isn't a "go" aimed at anyone - it's my view of things.

Edited by Fey!
TRACKPIG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 10:31
REMEMBER- POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT KELLY REMOULDS
E30 325 Sport - Gone but not forgotten
E36 M3 evo
Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Piece
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 11:32
play nice
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 11:34
Well don’t worry everyone. The safety camera partnership will put a camera up along that stretch of road now there’s been a death. That’ll slow him down when he gets out, and on the subject of race my 14 year old son and his best mate whose Dad happens to be Iranian  were attacked on the Metro in Manchester recently by some rugby fans ( supposedly grown men picking on little lads) because they thought his mate was a Pakistani and called my son a Paki lover and when it was reported the response was well its not on cctv so there’s nothing we can do. There is , get some police on the streets and on the roads. Never mind the cost. What is this damned fixation with cameras all the time. Can’t we do anything without cameras. Get these idiots off the roads and the streets by policing them properly.
1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 14:41
Originally posted by Fey! Fey! wrote:

and I don't see anyone outwardly saying that the guy got off lightly because of his skintone. 

well there was:

"On the same news bulletin that carried the driving story where an asian gets 12 weeks for killing a little girl, someone with a "white" sounding name gets remanded in custody awaiting sentance for cutting his girlfriends ponytail off"

and

"I read the same story! Disgusting, although not totally surprised. This country has fast become PC Heaven. Anyone in any authority, be it the police, magistrates, teachers, and parents are too scared to give out suitable justice because of political correctness."

Maybe not blatantly, but inferred.

I'm not trying having a dig at anyone either, just saying things as I see them.

dutch View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 15:05
creed and colour don't come into it. 12 weeks is disgusting. i feel the same as andy and have a welcoming committee outside the nick in twelve weeks time, also not mentioned in this post is the scum bag who took a teddy from the accident scene and received 8 months! justice my a~@e.
e39,1200 bandit
cooper S, Z3 topazbleu
livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 15:23
The maximum sentence he could have received for the offences he was charged with was 26 weeks. The court never gives a maximum sentence & they would have to reduce any sentence for a guilty plea.

Whilst 12 weeks will never seem fitting for the loss of a young life, there is little more that could be given with the law & sentencing guidelines as they currently stand.
Mine & mine alone.
Robmw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 15:38
Livvy,

The point is there are more than enough charges that could have been used some with the seriousness that the total overall episode demanded.

The judge had the power to refuse the drivers/ thief/ cowards plea.

The CPS also should hold their collective heads in shame for the charge that they decided to proceed with.

Who has picked this up? To stop it happening again for that is the important point here. The law grows. Sadly with the government of the day, Unless the Sun starts a front page campaign nothing happens.

We should all be writing to The Sun asking for their help.
Robert Born
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic