1995 M5,1995 318ISE,1997 325

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2006 at 16:15
good luck

Sponsored Links

Ian Godney View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2006 at 16:04

Had the car on the road yesterday and today to put some miles on it ready for Ireland next weekend and had a huge moment , had a few 360's before ending up in the middle of 2 dual carriageways stuck on a bank in a load of bushes , just missed a lamp post and 2 big tree's , just held my head in my arms while spinning waiting for the bang which thankfully didn't happen , I did some damage but luckly its all superficial , pulled the front bumper off , damaged the N/S wing , broke the rear bumper , ripped the rear spoiler off but luckly the carbon flap is ok , cracked the screen , bent the exhaust up so its rumbling on the gearbox ,and filled just about everywhere with mud ,  have refitted the front bumper , and jet washed it all off and took it back out again to make sure all felt ok , to say I sh*t myself was an understatement !!

Luckly a few people stopped to help us get the car out the ditch and back on the road , after seeing the wheels were all pointing the same way , and chucking the bits that were off in a mates car who came accross the accident , we were off again to see the old bill lights flashing coming the other way up the dual to get to the scene , they didnt catch up with us so at least I didnt get a rollocking off them as well

I will be ordering a rear spoiler and bumper tomorrow to get on tuesday to spray and fit it as I'm off on wednesday , so going to be busy

Going to be corner weighted tomorrow and a spanner check then off to Cork mid week , Hopefully I can keep it in better shape on the rally

Edited by Ian Godney
www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic