Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 7 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedyet another..... whats this question??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: yet another..... whats this question??
    Posted: 11-May-2006 at 16:13

my lovely 16 yr old 730i seems to have suspension squeak (or maybe creak) from the passenger side..... should i be worried.... and if i should is it expensive??

thankyooouuuuu

completely fallen in love with this car now...... even thou its a pig to squeeze into a car parking space  

oh and my air con aint cold anymore.... guess that means its empty.... is it expensive to get it filled back up... never had a car with air con before...... im in heaven..... i'll never drive anything less again.....

Linz

Sponsored Links

Del64 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Double 6 driver

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 06:41
The creak need not be expensive, does it go away after a few miles? is it front or rear, I need some info to give a better diagnosis to you.

Glad your happy with her in any case they are still totally magnificent cars.
2009 520d SE Business Edition

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
bmw-newbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 12:03

Originally posted by Del64 Del64 wrote:

The creak need not be expensive, does it go away after a few miles? is it front or rear, I need some info to give a better diagnosis to you. 

it appears to be front and rear... on passenger side, and no its always there... it only seems to have started since it had its mot... which is slightly weird.

Ive solved the air con problem, its off for a refil next week, althou the guy cant garantee it will work coz its so old and theres a possibility it has a leak in its old system...... im optimistic.... ive been lucky so far with this ca, shes treated me well..... even thou i wanna call her sherman.....

thanks

shogun View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 00:54
The aircon  guy can fill in also leak detector or make a pressure test before he refills it. One can then detect the leaks with an UV lights. Do you have a normal suspension or lowered one, wider wheels/tires, different shocks, or EDC = electronic dampening system, or LAD = automatic rear levelling device? Does it occur when driving in curves only? Touch the wheels at the hub area if they get hot or one hotter than the other, maybe one brake caliper got stuck, or one of the suspension parts needs to be replaced. I guess it is on the front suspension. Is it maybe a clunk when you drive over some bumps? Best is you lift the car up in a shop and let someone have a  look at it.
E32 750iL,E36 M3

7 Series Tech Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic