FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSpring time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring time
    Posted: 22-May-2006 at 17:17

Had my car at BM Motors last week for a service and a check for it's mot at the end of the month.

Everything ok apart from the rear springs were both broken at the bottom.  Euro carparts apparently not got them so Davie stuck on a nearly new set from a 328i sport but this has dropped the rear end by a couple of inches. It should pass it's mot now but am no happy at the ride height. Not into lowering am afraid and like my car standard (including chips n dents from the missus at Asda car park)

Anyway to my point, anybody got an E36 M3 3.0l which they have lowered and want to sell me their old springs??  Don't want to be hitting Douge P's for a shock quote from dealer. 

Alan.

Sponsored Links

tong328icab View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 17:30

i think they were my old springs alan,

they were basicly new but the owner of my car before me tried to cut corners and put coupe springs on my convertible, i wanted the propper springs for my car so davie fitted them, the one's that came off were only a couple of months old,

alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 17:07

Davie had said that I think. My rear end (matron) is sitting as low as yours in your pic but I now hit the exhaust on the driveway. Thought I ripped it off last night.

Need it raised or i'll be parking on the street till the steet is tarmac'd.

Alan.

broxi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 17:20
Originally posted by alanross alanross wrote:

Had my car at BM Motors last week for a service and a check for it's mot at the end of the month.

Everything ok apart from the rear springs were both broken at the bottom.  Euro carparts apparently not got them so Davie stuck on a nearly new set from a 328i sport but this has dropped the rear end by a couple of inches. It should pass it's mot now but am no happy at the ride height. Not into lowering am afraid and like my car standard (including chips n dents from the missus at Asda car park)

Anyway to my point, anybody got an E36 M3 3.0l which they have lowered and want to sell me their old springs??  Don't want to be hitting Douge P's for a shock quote from dealer. 

Alan.

alan,

would these springs that you have go on my e36 4dr saloon 1991 1.8i if so you can have my standard ones and i could have those nice lowered ones

E36 318i 1991

My Link
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 17:44

Don't see them as compatible as different part number. The 328 sport ones are standard height, apparently.

My springs would need a greater poundage too as the weight going down at the rear when the loud pedal is pressed might be too much for 318 ones. I'm no sure but a thought saloon n coupeees were different springs too. Dunno but if they fit yours then your more than welcome to 'em.

Alan.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic