Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĂ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSuspension / Brakes upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suspension / Brakes upgrade
    Posted: 13-June-2006 at 15:28

Have made some suspension & brake changes on my 1989 635csi, maybe stating the obvious but what a difference ! My daily commute is 40 miles of back roads & the car now suits this much better. Next step is converting to manual transmission....

Fitted:  M635csi front & rear suspension, E28 M5 anti roll bars (25mm front & 18mm rear), M635 4 piston front brakes, E34 M5 rears. Also put poly bushes in the upper & lower control arms & renewed the track rods etc while i was at it.  Front strut brace.

Love the car even more now, wanted to upgrade it but keep standard looks. I was worried that the ride would be too harsh but its great.

One problem i had, i bought one of the rear strut braces from BMW (i think it was intended for cars used for towing) but couldn't get it to fit. I'm thinking that possibly the highline cars had deeper parcel shelves to accommodate bigger speakers ? Anyone managed to fit one of these rear braces ?

cheers,

Dave.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic