Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > General E30
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJust bought an E30 Convertible

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just bought an E30 Convertible
    Posted: 29-June-2006 at 00:12

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and new to owning a bmw! So new infact, that I haven't even seen it yet!

Just bought an E30 325 Convertible on ebay. I know its risky, but I haven't seen it yet! I pick it up on Saturday. It has full bmwsh, has done 110k, and from everything I've asked and seen in the pics, it looks mint, and I got it for a good price.

My main question is that I've just noticed that the 325i badge is on the wrong side. Should alarm bells be ringing? Do you think that it could mean it's been in a rear end crash? You'd have to be pretty dim put the badge on the wrong side!

Please have a look if you get the chance:

http://www.madmarchhare.co.uk/Car/e30.html

Also, while I'm here, should I be expecting any major services around this point? Clutch? Cambelt? (I'm assuming cambelt has allready been done once, but I will check as soon as I get the history). It's got a brand new hood, so thats one headache out the way.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to being an active member when I have the car!

Alex

Sponsored Links

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 00:21

Welcome to the forum

No idea about the badge, maybe it was dechromed and the last owner decided to put it on that side.

Looks like a nice car.

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
alecomarch View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 00:33

Thanks for v.quick reply!

I really hope it's not hiding something!

I really want to keep it completely original and restore anything that needs doing! Oh yeah, and I can't wait to drive the thing!

I'd like to move the badge back really. What would be the best way to remove and re-attach it? I've heard that using a hair-dryer will allow me to peel it off. Do you think it will leave a mark?

US M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 01:41

Nice cabriolet, best of luck with it

1990 E30 M3 (US MODEL)

2008 BMW 520D M SPORT
JohnH View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 09:50

It looks like a pretty nice car - best of luck with it.

But before you drive away in your new pride and joy pull up the carpet in the boot and take out the spare wheel. You'd should fairly se if there has been any repair work done - especially if there had been a big accident.

Ask the seller directly if it was ever in a shunt - he is supposed to be honest. If he says no but you get the feeling it was then you can query it and ultimately walk away if you're not happy.

I would rather turn down a car I was unhappy with and get bad ebay feedback than buy a lemon.

I would suspect though that the badge was removed for some valid reason and some stage and then stuck on the wrong side in error. If it was an attempt to cover up a bad bang I'd presume they'd try to hide it well and not slip up on something so minor.

alecomarch View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 23:06

Hmmm...

Just looking again at the pics. Is that a splitter thats been added, or could that be a standard bumper that came with the car? Was hoping it would be standard.

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic