Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 6 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSanta Pod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian M635UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Santa Pod
    Posted: 02-July-2006 at 18:03

Great day today.  Host of 6 series cars there including Sohlmans manual 635 aplina look-a-like, Nicks Diamond black highline, my white pimp mobile, an early red 635 and a tastefully modified grey highline on Rondell 19's, seriously lowered with major body mods and some cool sound system.

Others included a 323i bought yesterday for peanuts which was in great nick, 8 series, e30's including M3's but it was the 6 series cars that dominated.

Some really mad motors down the strip including a tubbed black e30 running in the low 9's

Great day

Ian  

Sponsored Links

mjf297 View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjf297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2006 at 22:23
Would be interesting to see the comparable times between standard six, m635, 8-series and the others you mentioned Ian if you have them?? Cheers

1988 E24 635CSi HIGHLINE ZINNOBER RED - Whitesands Bay, Cornwall
dog man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2006 at 22:28
Pic's????????????????????????
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2006 at 22:38

ian M635UK View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian M635UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-July-2006 at 10:44

Originally posted by Horsetan Horsetan wrote:

Charming!

See Sohlman for pics.  I used his camera to capture a run in his 635 at 16.3.  I also captured the jet car taking off for a 6.5 second run.

I did not run mine down the strip as it is now off the road for a head swap. 

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2006 at 00:13

Originally posted by ian M635UK ian M635UK wrote:

....I used his camera to capture a run in his 635 at 16.3.....

16.3? Errm, was that with or without polishing kit in the boot?

I seem to remember that two years ago at the Pod, he did a best of 16.5 (compared to 17.01 in my fully-loaded auto ) - with full kit in the back, and that was before the intake modifications. 0.2 seconds off doesn't seem particularly rewarding.

Sohlman View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Coupe Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sohlman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 12:31
Track temperature was 38 degrees. The car was actually cold as it had been sitting for 1.5 hours without running due to accidents and lunch break so i went easy for those reasons short shifting. Did not get a chance to do another run as cars kept blowing up. Will maybe give it another run later on in the year when conditions are better.
Sunday 10th July Brooklands Sharkfest and Big Coupe Day. Coupe Events
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 12:53

There is another one on 23rd september I may trundle down, will be good to see so many loverly sixes and others

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic