Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhere you go part III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesurely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2006 at 15:19

APPLICATION FOR A NIGHT OUT WITH THE BOYS

Name of Boyfriend/Fianc/Husband:                                                                                                           

I request permission for a leave of absence from the highest authority in my life for the following period:

Time of return

Date:                                           Time of departure:                                        NOT to exceed:                          

Should permission be granted, I do solemnly swear to only visit the locations stated below, at the stated times. I agree to refrain from hitting on or flirting with other women.  I shall not even speak to another female, except as expressly permitted in writing below. I will not turn off my mobile after two pints, nor shall I consume above the allowed volume of alcohol without first phoning for a taxi AND calling you for a verbal waiver of said alcohol allowance. I understand that even if permission is granted to go out, my girlfriend/fianc/wife retains the right to be pissed off with me the following week for no valid reason whatsoever.

Amount of alcohol allowed (units)      Beer                  Wine                    Liquor                      Total

Location:                                    From:                             To:      

Location:                                    From:                             To:

Locations to be visited

Females with whom conversation

is permitted

IMPORTANT STRIPPER CLAUSE: Not withstanding the female contact permitted above, I promise to refrain from coming within one hundred (100) feet of a stripper or exotic dancer.  Violation of this Stripper Clause shall be grounds for immediate termination of the relationship.

I acknowledge my position in life. I know who wears the trousers in our relationship, and I agree its not me. I promise to abide by your rules & regulations. I understand that this is going to cost me a fortune in chocolates & flowers. You reserve the right to obtain and use my credit cards whenever you wish to do so. I hereby promise to take you on an unlimited shopping spree, should I not return home by the approved time. On my way home, I will not pick a fight with any stranger, nor shall I conduct in depth discussions with the said entity. Upon my return home, I promise not to urinate anywhere other than in the toilet. In addition, I will refrain from waking you up, breathing my vile breath in your face, and attempting to breed like a (drunken) rabbit.

I declare that to the best of my knowledge (of which I have none compared to my BETTER half), the above information is correct.

Signed - Boyfriend/Fianc/Husband:

Request is: APPROVED                DENIED

This decision is not negotiable. If approved, cut permission slip below and carry at all times.

"

Permission for my boyfriend/fianc/husband to be away for the following period of time:

Date:                                           Time of departure:                                             Time of return:

Signed Girlfriend/Fianc/Wife:    

e30 325is (deceased)
e36 318is under major construction
E39 530D Sport mtec (all the bells and whistles )

Basic unit of laryngitis: 1 hoarsepower
lesurely
Sponsored Links

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2006 at 15:35

Sad days when you've to resort to one of those....

That said, I couldn't help noticing that the first mention by SWMBO of us buying another horse - which we just happen to have been looking after for the last couple of months, came hot on the heels of my having a had a drink fuelled weekend here in Budapest with the lads instead of a weekend at home repairing whatever fencing the animals had conspired to destroy/bypass in my absence!

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2006 at 16:04
Originally posted by Derek M5 Derek M5 wrote:

....I couldn't help noticing that the first mention by SWMBO of us buying another horse - which we just happen to have been looking after for the last couple of months.....

A woman after me own heart....

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2006 at 16:23
Considering most people can't understand why we've one Percheron, they'll be baffled as to why we've got two... though being as they're half brothers, I have horrible feeling that the next thing on the we need list will be a two horse carriage
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2006 at 22:12

Originally posted by Derek M5 Derek M5 wrote:

...I have horrible feeling that the next thing on the we need list will be a two horse carriage

what? A bit like this.............

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2006 at 22:42
At the end of the tax year the Tax Office sent an inspector to audit the books of a synagogue. While he was checking the books he turned to the Rabbi and said, "I notice you buy a lot of candles. What do you do with the candle drippings?"

"Good question," noted the Rabbi.

"We save them up and send them back to the candle makers, and every now and then they send us a free box of candles."

"Oh," replied the auditor, somewhat disappointed that his unusual
question had a practical answer.But on he went, in his obnoxious way

"What about all these matzo purchases? What do you do with the crumbs?"

"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi, realising that the inspector was trying to trap him with an unanswerable question. "We collect them and send them back to the manufacturers, and every now and then they send a free box of matzo balls." "I see," replied the auditor, thinking hard about how he could fluster the know-it-all Rabbi.

"Well, Rabbi," he went on, "what do you do with all the leftover foreskins from the circumcisions you perform?"

"Here, too, we do not waste," answered the Rabbi. "What we do is save up all the foreskins and send them to the Tax Office, and about once a year they send us a complete dick."

Edited by Horsetan

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2006 at 08:22
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

what? A bit like this.............

Double the size of the horses, lop the roof off the carriage (every family needs one cabriolet) And you'd be heading in the right direction.

Go here to get a better idea of what they're like....

Horse, you'd better ask KB for an old-timers joke section if you're going to carry on like that!

Edited by Derek M5
popeye76s View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popeye76s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 17:58

She told me we couldn't afford beer anymore and I'd have to quit.

Then I caught her spending:

$65.00 on make-up, $150 for a cut & colour, $30 for a manicure, $40 for

a pedicure, $50 on vitamins, $300 on clothes and $600 for a gym
membership.

I asked how come I had to give up stuff and not her.

She said she needed it to look pretty for me.

I told her that was what the beer was for.

I don't think she's coming back.

Popeye

lesurely View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesurely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2006 at 16:02

Aircraft Maintenance Problems and Solutions

Never let it be said that ground crews and engineers lack a sense of

Humour

Here are some actual logged maintenance complaints and problems, known as "squawks," submitted by QANTAS pilots and the solution recorded by

maintenance engineers. By the way, Qantas is the only major airline that has never had a fatal accident.

P [in list below means] - The problem logged by the pilot.

S [in the list below means] - The solution and action taken by the

engineers

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.

S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto land very rough.

S: Auto land not installed on this aircraft.

P: No. 2 propeller seeping prop fluid.

S: No. 2 propeller seepage normal. Nos. 1, 3 and 4 propellers lack

normal seepage.

P: Something loose in cockpit.

S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.

S: Live bugs on backorder.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200-fpm descent.

S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear

S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.

S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick

S: That's what they're there for!

P: IFF inoperative.

S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windscreen.

S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.

S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.

S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.

S: Reprogrammed target radar with words.

P: Mouse in cockpit.

S: Cat installed.

e30 325is (deceased)
e36 318is under major construction
E39 530D Sport mtec (all the bells and whistles )

Basic unit of laryngitis: 1 hoarsepower
lesurely
Jack735 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2006 at 15:04

1.     HOW TO GIVE A CAT A PILL.

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding  a baby. Position right fore finger and thumb on either of side of cat's  mouth and gently apply pressure to cheek while holding pill in right  hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth  and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left  arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrapper, cradle cat in left arm holding rear  paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of  mouth with right fore finger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Pull  spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, holding front  and rear paws. Ignore low growl emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat's  head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop  pill down ruler and rub cats throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrapper.  Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep  shattered figures from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head  just visible from below spouse's armpit. Put pill in end of drinking  straw; force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of  water to take taste away. Apply bandage to spouses forearm and remove  blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbours shed. Get another pill. Place cat in  cupboard and close door on to neck to leave head showing. Force mouth  open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply  cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot.  Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road.  Apologise to neighbour who crashed into fence whilst swerving to avoid  cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly  to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Force  cat's mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by  large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour pint of water  down throat to wash pill down.

14. Get spouse to drive you to hospital; sit quietly while doctor  stitches finger and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye.  Stop by furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for RSPCA to collect cat.
Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2006 at 13:25

But don't care.
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2006 at 15:26

Fools....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/video/view_broadband/ 519.html

serves them right!

PMSLROTF Clowns!

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2006 at 19:32
Yep, seen it happen several times in York as well.

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
lukeduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukeduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2006 at 21:58
nice one!!! cheeky!! well the got what they diserved!!!
Previous:
2001 M3
2004 M3 CS.
Current:
2007 318D SE SALOON.
Goldryder View Drop Down
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2006 at 21:06
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2006 at 21:24
A wee kick tae the english!! lol

A big city London lawyer went duck hunting in rural Scotland. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence.

As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked the lawyer what he was doing. The lawyer responded, "I shot a duck and it fell into this field, and now I'm going to retrieve it."

The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and you're not coming over here." The indignant lawyer replied. "I'm one of the best trial lawyers in the UK, and if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything that you own.

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in Scotland. We settle small disagreements like this, with the Scottish Three Kick Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What is the Scottish Three Kick Rule?" The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth until someone gives up."

The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.

The old farmer slowly gets down from the tractor and walked up to the city fella. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's groin, which dropped him to his knees.

His second kick nearly ripped the nose off his face. The lawyer was flat on his belly, when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly causing him to give up, but didn't.

The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old to**er, now it's my turn."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up, you can keep the duck!"

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2006 at 21:06

Hey Derek!

look what I've found.......

so, that's what an old-mans-car looks like?

But don't care.
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2006 at 21:29

Mr blobby returns..guessed this would happen derek...lol

This is all Rhys' fault...

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2006 at 23:00

Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Mr blobby returns..guessed this would happen derek...lol - This is all Rhys' fault...

yes, this is all Rhys' fault

http://www.musicpictures.com/propxt/main/search_string~artid :19443::/ltext~Mr%20BLOBBY

But don't care.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2006 at 00:22

Hey Derek!

look what I've found.......

so, that's what an old-mans-car looks like?

..er, found it before you.. infact I'm the culprit who did it
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic