Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhere you go part III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: here you go part III
    Posted: 12-July-2006 at 22:02

here we go again...............

One day, while walking to the store, I passed by a Nursing Home. On the front lawn were six old ladies laying naked on the grass. I thought this was a bit unusual, but continued on my way to the store. On my return trip, I passed the same Nursing Home with the same six old ladies laying naked on the lawn. This time my curiosity got the best of me and I went inside to talk to the manager.

"Do you know there are six ladies laying naked on your front lawn?"

"Yes," he said. "They are retired prostitutes and they're having a yard sale

(remember, keep it clean, and no naughty pictures!) 
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Sponsored Links

Goldryder View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 05:19
You bad lad, Pits

This site is very peaceful at this hour of the morning...luverly jubberly
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 09:36
I just knew Rhys couldn't resist shutting the last one

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 11:26
You encouraged him.... just the threat of 'that' picture and the mods get threadlock! (understandably in the case of said picture)
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 12:12

Originally posted by Derek M5 Derek M5 wrote:

You encouraged him.... just the threat of 'that' picture and the mods get threadlock! (understandably in the case of said picture)

Ah, what power I hold just by posting that pic. Just think, I could bring this thread to a premature end bwahahahahahahahahaha

Goldryder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 12:16
Originally posted by Horsetan Horsetan wrote:

Originally posted by Derek M5 Derek M5 wrote:

Ah, what power I hold just by posting that pic. Just think, I could bring this thread to a premature end bwahahahahahahahahaha

Careful what you're holding Ivy, it could land you in deep water
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 13:58

Originally posted by Horsetan Horsetan wrote:

I just knew Rhys couldn't resist shutting the last one

Eventually - It had lasted from the 30th November 2005 - 7&1/2 months, 536 posts, 4832 views, not bad eh?

we open one - he close one - we open new one - that's life!

But don't care.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 17:54

Who said I closed it?

There are more than one of us on here you know..

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 18:30

Originally posted by Goldryder Goldryder wrote:

....Careful what you're holding Ivy, it could land you in deep water

I've got waders for that

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 22:02
Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Who said I closed it?

There sure are mate, don't post for a while, they think your dead

It might just be easier to remove the poster if "that" picture appears again !

Best Wishes

Nigel

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 22:05
Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that three Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq.
To everyone's amazement, all of the color ran from Bush's face, then he collapsed onto his desk, head in hands, visibly shaken, almost whimpering.
Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?"
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Goldryder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2006 at 07:32

Who said I closed it?

Can I borrow you please Rhys....

I got one moderator on tantrum strike and one away on a course...which means Ise running about tween two sites...90% membership of both from over the pond...just a fortnight til my little holiday though..

Never ever ever work with tantrum throwing moderators...sheeesh, they do your flamin' head in The members are fine, its one of the staff that is being a pain in the wotsit
Goldryder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2006 at 07:33
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that three Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq.To everyone's amazement, all of the color ran from Bush's face, then he collapsed onto his desk, head in hands, visibly shaken, almost whimpering. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?"

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2006 at 23:00

Always give 100% at work...

Too true, don;t you think?

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2006 at 23:39

1. Never walk without a document in your hands
People with documents in their hands look like hardworking employees heading for important meetings. People with nothing in their hands look like they're heading for the canteen. People with a newspaper in their hand look like they're heading for the toilet. Above all, make sure you carry loads of stuff home with you at night, thus generating the false impression that you work longer hours than you do.

2. Use computers to look busy
Any time you use a computer, it looks like "work" to the casual observer. You can send and receive personal e-mail, chat and generally have a blast without doing anything remotely related to work. These aren't exactly the societal benefits that the proponents of the computer revolution would like to talk about but they're not bad either. When you get caught by your boss - and you *will* get caught -- your best defense is to claim you're teaching yourself to use new software, thus saving valuable training expenses.

3. Messy desk
Top management can get away with a clean desk. For the rest of us, it looks like we're not working hard enough. Build huge piles of documents around your workspace. To the observer, last year's work looks the same as today's work; it's volume that counts. Pile them high and wide. If you know somebody is coming to your desk, bury the document you'll need halfway down in an existing stack and rummage for it when he/she arrives.

4. Voice Mail
Never answer your phone if you have voice mail. People don't call you just because they want to give you something for nothing - they call because they want YOU to do work for THEM. That's no way to live. Screen all your calls through voice mail. If somebody leaves a voice mail message for you and it sounds like impending work, respond during lunch hour when you know they're not there - it looks like you're hardworking and conscientious even though you're being a devious weasel.

5. Looking Impatient and Annoyed
Always try to look impatient and annoyed to give your bosses the impression that you are always busy.

6. Leave the office late
Always leave the office late, especially when the boss is still around. You could read magazines and storybooks that you always wanted to read but have no time until late before leaving. Make sure you walk past the boss' room on your way out. Send important emails at unearthly hours (e.g. 9:35pm, 7:05am, etc.) and during public holidays.

7. Creative Sighing for Effect
Sigh loudly when there are many people around, giving the impression that you are under extreme pressure.

8. Stacking Strategy
It is not enough to pile lots of documents on the table. Put lots of books on the floor etc. (thick computer manuals are the best).

9. Build Vocabulary
Read up on some computer magazines and pick out all the jargon and new products. Use the phrases freely when in conversation with bosses. Remember: They don't have to understand what you say, but you will sound impressive.

10. Have 2 Jackets
If you work in a big open plan office, always leave a spare jacket draped over the back of your seat. This gives the impression that you are still on the premises. The second jacket should be worn while swanning around elsewhere.

But don't care.
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2006 at 00:09

Too true, don;t you think?

I couldn't agree more!!!

Pharaoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharaoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2006 at 12:31

Two married men are out drinking one night, when one turns to the other and says,"You know I don't know what else to do. Whenever I go home after we've been out drinking, I turn the headlights off before I get to the driveway. I shut off the engine and coast into the garage. Take my shoes off before I go into the house, I sneak up the stairs, get undressed in the bathroom, stick my foot in the toilet and pee down my leg to prevent splashing sounds. I ease into bed and my wife STILL wakes up, and YELLS at me for staying out so late!

His friend looks at him and says "Well your obviously taking the wrong approach.I screech into the driveway, slam the door, storm up the stairs, pee hard into the toilet water, then use the full flush, throw my shoes in the closet, undress in the bedroom, slap her on the ass and say! WHO'S HORNEY????!!!" and she acts like she's asleep!  Works every time!!

Edited by Pharaoh
I had to see it for my-self or i would never have believed it.
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.seed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2006 at 13:19

@ Pharaoh,

Err, does Jane know your telling jokes like this?

See you BOTH sunday!!!    

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2006 at 13:50
Originally posted by steven.seed steven.seed wrote:

@ Pharaoh,

Err, does Jane know your telling jokes like this?

She's probably the one typing them under his identity!

popeye76s View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popeye76s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2006 at 17:08

Out on her royal yacht the Queen was enjoying the sea air when she spied a man in the water off the port bow - clearly being menaced by a very large shark.

Through her binoculars she could see it was Christian Ronaldo, struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark!

The queen ordered the captain to change course to try and save the poor man, but she knew the yacht's top speed would never get them there in time.

At that exact moment a speedboat containing three men wearing white England shirts sped into view.

One of the men took aim at the shark and fired a harpoon into its ribs, immobilising it instantly.

The other two reached out and pulled Ronaldo from the water and, using long clubs, beat the shark to death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious Ronaldo into the speedboat along with the dead shark and prepared for a hasty retreat, when they heard frantic calling.......

It was the Queen calling them to the yacht.

On reaching yacht the Queen went into raptures about the rescue and said to Beckham, Rooney and Gerrard (for it was they) "I will give you a knighthood for your brave actions. I thought the England team would hate Ronaldo after the world cup, but I see that my England team are true heroes and should serve as a model for sportsmanship to other countries."

She knighted them there and then, and proceeded to sail away.

As she departed Rooney asked the others, "Who was that?!"
"That," Beckham answered, "was our Queen. She rules the Commonwealth and knows everything about our country."

"Well," Rooney replied, "she definitely knows F*ck-all about shark fishing.

How's the bait holding up?

Popeye

"Better to have loved and lost, than to be stuck with the psycho for trhe rest of your life!!!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic