Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĆ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYour chance to own....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2006 at 12:50

I'm on the 5 series stand so I'll come and have a look at your csl sam deffo!!

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
Sponsored Links

Sohlman View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Coupe Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sohlman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 12:56

This car came to my attention about 2 years ago. A guy that worked at a Cambridge BMW dealer claimed to own it. It was at the Wembley indoor classic car show. He described the condition to me and it's almost exactly what this cars desciption is. I said to him at the time that whilst an Alpina is worth more money than a standard six its ususally around the £500 - £1000 mark above of a car of equiverlent conditions. I said to him that a rusty six with no MOT and a nice set of wheels would be worth no more than £500 and would be a breaker. I said his car would be worth £1000 - £1500. I said to him i would give him £1000 unseen and would arrange transport. He never came back to me.

Looking at the car again it's not worth more than £1000. If it needs a new floor, jacking points etc you could be looking at £2000 - £3000 of welding and by then the car is never going to be that good. The dampers have probable siezed due to lack of use. The engine and wheels and interior are worth money, and the front spoiler, but the car needs to be broken. buying at £1000 you will probable make £1000 on the parts best case, but have all the hassle of breaking the car.

To restore the car it would take the best part of a year, about £10,000 to be spent and then you have a mint car that worth around £8000 - £10000. I can't see it being more than that.

Personally i wanted the engine and front spoiler and the rest would have been sold on.

James

Sunday 10th July Brooklands Sharkfest and Big Coupe Day. Coupe Events
Brucey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brucey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 18:23

I agree with you James,

-but some mad fool might buy it for a DIY project. Not for 3500 quid though....

It wouldn't make financial sense to pay someone to restore it as it stands, but I would say that once restored it would be worth a few quid more than another car fitted with the same bits- something to do with it being 'an original'. Can't see it myself, but that is what the market says, so who am I to argue?

cheers

~~~~~~~ Brucey   ~~~~~~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic