Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 7 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1996 735 tv stereo system ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddy cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1996 735 tv stereo system ???
    Posted: 26-July-2006 at 08:59

can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction  for finding a wiring diagram for a customers car ? its a 96 model and its got the phillips tv set up in it (its a traders car that has been sold but is now causing him agro) .  we have replaced the tv and radio panel with another one that we know works in another car but we simply cant get any sound from the tv and we cant get the radio to even turn on !  so far we have found the amplifier , cd changer and what we asume is the tv tuner box but none of the wires match what is coming out of the unit in the front, am i correct in thinking theres another controll module somewhere ? if so does anybody know where ? im not about to start stripping all the interior out of this car to try and find it as being a trade customer they wont pay diddly squat if we cant fix the problem  and bmw have quoted £500 to replace the amplifier .

any help would be very gratefully received guys .

e30 2.7 cab
e30 325i
e30 325 sport
e30 318 touring
e28 m5
e28 m535
e34 m5
e39 540
e36 318ti (green)
e36 318ti (mauve)
Sponsored Links

petetina View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petetina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 10:49

dont know if i can help but we have installed the tv,sat nav,dvd player etc and have stripped the whole interior--seats,carpets etc etc to install it all,

i,m by no means an expert but we got the tv working ok but had problems with the sat nav---it went into bmw in doncaster and after 2 days they found nothing and told me the retrofit was all wrong and couldnt be done---the great lads from the 7 series forum came down to my house and we found it was a fulty sat nav unit in the boot section

what i,m trying to say in a rounsabout way is to check all the units work ok---swopping with another car is a good way to go

oh and dont believe all that bmw say about coding as none of the units now in our car has been coded

the results in our case can be viewed at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2266868

if i can help more i will try--just wish i lived a bit closer to you

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic