Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > South Western Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsouth west cruise, n e beemers coming?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: south west cruise, n e beemers coming?
    Posted: 19-September-2003 at 19:24
20th september, paignton,
next too kfc drive thru,
Redline and a 4 camera film crew in attendance,( filming for boys toys 2 )

8.00 onwards,

see yall there :)
Sponsored Links

Mike Fishwick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2003 at 14:04
This sounds like a recipe for all the extreme antics (burnouts and doughnuts etc) one hears of at the Weston-Super-Mare cruise. A rag of a magazine such as Revs will no doubt promote the idiot fringe's stunts, while the TV crewe will make sure they film the worst excesses, while ignoring the ordinary people.

Anyway, this is not a BMWCC event, and should not be promoted on our website.

also - wouldn't it be nice if people could manage real english without silly text message-like abbreviations? It tells one a lot about those involved.
Mike Fishwick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2003 at 18:01
Wouldn't it be nice if message posters could sign off with their own name instead of hiding behind an infantile seudonym?
It would be even better if they could also manage to write in real English, without lapsing into Text Message-type abbreviations! 'Any' is spelt A-N-Y which is just as easy to type as N E.
The Torbay Cruise sounds like an excuse for the mindless ones to emulate the excesses found at the Weston-Super-Mare cruise, encouraged by rags such as'Revs' and the television crews, who always look for the most obnoxious actions to record, and the most inarticulate to interview.
I hope it at least ended without any disasters.
However, it should not be promoted on the BMWCC website -this is provided for BMWCC (and particularly SW Region)purposes, or have I missed something?
Steve W View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2003 at 22:08
In the last two threads which give information to people about meets in the South West area, both of your responses have been nothing short of arrogant and rude.

They may not have been BMWCC meets, but the fact is there are precious few BMW meets in this area so any meet is worth a look.

If you organise a BMWCC meet in the area we may turn up, but until then the rest of the members of this forum are interested to hear about any kind of event.

As for the pseudonym's (spelt with a P by the way) this is a public forum, and people can write in any way they please as long as there is no swearing, or general offensive content.

I'm not an 18 year old boy racer, and I'm not one of the Max Power generation but it's not my place to judge the enjoyment of others.

Rant over.

Let's be nice again shall we........

PikeyM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
E30 M3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2003 at 12:35

I agree with steve - who r we to judge others without really knowing them?

I have sometimes attended the sunday night cruises that occur in Cheltanham but only to meet up with freinds and look at other peoples cars - just harmless fun really.

Anyway lets not start this argument again.

Pikey

Old enough to know better, too young to care!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic