Forum LockedBournemouth meet 28th Sept

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bournemouth meet 28th Sept
    Posted: 20-September-2003 at 03:15
As posted by Mark from Wessex region:

We hold a meet the last Sunday of the month in Wimborne, Dorset.

Anyone welcome, visit Bournemouth Performance BMW Club

This month we have a few guys from the 'e30zone' website coming along. Usually have 15+ cars per meet. No fees, just turn up.

Meet starts 12:00 noon - 4:00pm
The Fox & Hounds Pub
Canford Bottom
Wimborne
Dorset
BH21 2EQ

Hartge H27 Convertible
My Link
Sponsored Links

Mike Fishwick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2003 at 13:58
Strange - I always thought that this website belonged to the BMW Car CLub! I don't think that the Bournemouth Performance BMW Club do themselves any favours by using another club's facilities to promote themselves in this way.
Perhaps the SW REgion needs to have a regular meet in the area, but that is an issue to be internally discussed by the SW Region,
Mike
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2003 at 12:45
Originally posted by Mike Fishwick Mike Fishwick wrote:

Strange - I always thought that this website belonged to the BMW Car CLub! I don't think that the Bournemouth Performance BMW Club do themselves any favours by using another club's facilities to promote themselves in this way.
Perhaps the SW REgion needs to have a regular meet in the area, but that is an issue to be internally discussed by the SW Region,

This is arrant nonsense.

Many of us are members of many BMW affiliated groups and not all users of this forum are BMWCC members. As far as I'm concerned the more publicity any BMW event - no matter whose banner it is being run under - gets, the better for the whole BMW enthusiast scene! Kindly keep your blinkered opinions to yourself - almost without exception, every other member of this forum is keen to foster cross-organisational links and information sharing. IMHO this is the correct way forward and the BMWCC can only grow stronger through so doing.
PikeyM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
E30 M3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2003 at 15:28

I have noticed that you have posted in other threads also Mike.

You are not going to make yourself any friends with that kind of atitude I'm afriad.

Pikey

Old enough to know better, too young to care!
Mark R View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Wimborne, Dorset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2003 at 08:13

Mike,

I am an active member of the BMWCC Wessex region, E30 Register and I travel to any other event / region I wish to join in and meet other members and their cars. I have recently got involved with a local 'splinter' group near me (Bournemouth Performance BMW Club) I see our job here is to promote BMW and the BMWCC, if i choose to attend and promote other car clubs then i will. Through our Bournemouth Club we have attracted other like-minded people to attend ours and other BMWCC organised events. I can't see there is any problem.

Plus I think the Wessex Region (Which Bournemouth is in) might find it funny if the SW Region start organising events outside there own region... we are all invited to attend other regions events at any time.

See you around some time.

Mark
Mark Roberts
E30 318iS

Wessex Region Secretary
E30 Registrar & committee member

Someone left a note on my windscreen. It read 'Parking Fine' that was nice
Gary Y View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2003 at 23:31

Totally agree with the other replies!

I am a new member of the BMWCC and am looking forward to being able to attend meets, etc. I am also looking forward to the meet on the 28th organised through the Bournemouth Performance BMW Club. Surely we all have one thing in common, the love of our cars and the BMW marque?! Am I right or wrong?! Any chance that we have of meeting up, sharing tips, etc is good, regardless of if it is through one club or the other. Just be grateful that we here in the South West and Wessex Regions have the opportunity of varied meets through different clubs! I expect you have your BMWCC car badge in the middle of your front screen Mike, just so that everyone can see you are a member!

(PS-Looking forward to Sunday's meet Mark!)

black ice View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2003 at 22:26
hi mark i am hoping to get to your meet this weekend as long as i am not on call.hope you enjoyed gaydon and did you get that bodykit fitted.

i feel that mike has a lot to learn about bmw clubs as and the way we work .

if i dont see you sunday i will see you at the next e30 register meeting

black ice
Mark R View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Wimborne, Dorset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2003 at 23:02
Originally posted by black ice black ice wrote:

hi mark i am hoping to get to your meet this weekend as long as i am not on call.hope you enjoyed gaydon and did you get that bodykit fitted.

i feel that mike has a lot to learn about bmw clubs as and the way we work .

if i dont see you sunday i will see you at the next e30 register meeting

black ice

Hi

Gaydon was good, too much to see though! I still haven't fitted the body kit, i might sell the 318is soon and buy a touring...

If you could make it on Sunday it would be great! Otherwise i'll catch up with you at the next E30 meet.

I'm sure Mike realises their is life outside the BMWCCGB ! As long as we all get on together and enjoy our BM's does it matter which club / clubs we belong to?

See ya

Mark
Mark Roberts
E30 318iS

Wessex Region Secretary
E30 Registrar & committee member

Someone left a note on my windscreen. It read 'Parking Fine' that was nice
Mike Fishwick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2003 at 10:36
It's a pity that Webdunk (whoever he is) and others ignore the basis of my views, and instead of offering sensible answers do little but dismiss my views as 'blinkered' or offer snide comments about where I mount my BMWCC badge - surely they can do better than that.

A little courtesy costs nothing, and replies of this type can only give new and non-members a bad impression of the BMWCC, which is not the object of this website.

The fact remains that this website is for BMWCC events, rather than the promotion of events organised by other clubs - irrespective of the number of BMWCC members who also belong to the Bournemouth Performance BMW Club.

I have no problem with supporting other allied clubs, but I feel that this should be via their own facilities, unless a co-operative event or official invitation has been arranged. There is obviously a lot of enthusiasm for more events in the SW, so why cannot Webdunk and friends manage to provide greater support for BMWCC SW Region events, or come forward with suggestions for new events, or offer to organise some?

Another consideration is that the events of another club or group are not covered by BMWCC liability insurance. It is therefore worth remembering that any claims arising from such events against an individual could be a major problem.

As for Webdunk's demand that I 'Keep (my) blinkered views to myself' he should remember that this website should reflect a variety of views other than his own. That is the price of democracy.

I have a feeling that this website may be falling into a common problem - that a group tries to discourage input with which they disagree. Such people will never change, particularly when hiding their identity behind webnames.

I have no wish to provoke a long, futile, and doubtless acrimonious debate, so will sign off - using my real name! Mike Fishwick
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2003 at 13:17

It's a pity that Webdunk (whoever he is)

That'd be me. BMWCC Member. Forum moderator. Scottish Committee member. Full name and contact details available via my profile.

A little courtesy costs nothing

Indeed not. It was the lack of courtesy in at least 2 of your posts which caught several members attention.

The fact remains that this website is for BMWCC events

This is inaccurate. The forum is for general discussion of all things BMW.

I have no problem with supporting other allied clubs, but I feel that this should be via their own facilities

This misses the point. Not all BMWCC forum users will be aware of all other BMW enthusiast facilities. By letting us know about any events here I believe they are actually providing a service for us. A cracking example is the folk from Ireland. At last count at least 4 web facilities were used to promote the hard work of Brendan,Killian, et al. ie BMWCC used non-BMWCC facilities to increase numbers and general promote a BMW event to all comers and from reports on these various facilities it has been a great success.

There is obviously a lot of enthusiasm for more events in the SW, so why cannot Webdunk and friends manage to provide greater support for BMWCC SW Region events, or come forward with suggestions for new events, or offer to organise some?

'cos I live in Scotland and you're not that handy in the SW I'm also heavily involved in the Scottish region of the club. You're welcome to browse our site for any ideas.

As for Webdunk's demand that I 'Keep (my) blinkered views to myself' he should remember that this website should reflect a variety of views other than his own. That is the price of democracy.

Indeed. The democratic view was that some of your posts had been unhelpful and unwelcoming.

particularly when hiding their identity behind webnames.

No-one is hiding. It is conventional to use nicknames/screen names/logins on this type of facility. If you avail yourself of the profile facility,you'll see that many folk provide fuller details there.
Eamo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2003 at 13:58
Mike

I agree with all. I think you might need to lighten up a bit and stop taking things so seriously.

After all the purpose of these forums is to share knowledge, enthusiasm, expierience and information no matter what clubs people are affiliated with.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic