Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĂ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHello from Dubai!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKDaveJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Dubai!
    Posted: 31-July-2006 at 19:34
Hello folks!

Well I've now been in Dubai since the 20th of June & things are going great - very hot here, but gather the UK has had some (if not a record) of its hottest recorded temperatures of this & last century!

I will post more details soon, but I need to make people aware of something!

My 1989 Total BMW featured 635csi Highline in diamond black met with lotus white leather is for sale, sitting on 17" BMW/BBS split rims with new tyres.
My good lady wife sent me an SMS yesterday to advise me that it has passed its MOT having just had the rear brakes sorted & a new water pump fitted.
The car has had extensive work done on the body including fitting of new front wings(well, very very good second-hand wings courtesy of James Sohl), the well known Highline points around the tail-lights, numberplate lights area etc.
This car has every scrap of history from new in a very thick folder back in the UK.

I will formally advertise the car in the appropriate section as I have all the details you could possibly want to know.

I don't want to sell the car, but its impractical to keep it in the UK for however long I might be in Dubai for. As I've emigrated, the time period could be very long.

In the meantime if you are interested yourself, or know of someone that is, please feel free to either PM me or email at davidjerromes@btinternet.com

Promise I'll post some pics from Dubai soon - this city is really on the move!
My 635's.
Sponsored Links

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 21:13
I hope your enjoying life, we are hoping to have a for sale section soon.
Best Wishes

Nigel

Black Betty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
You’ve took that too far man!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2006 at 09:31

Hey UK Davej, it's good out ere innit???? i'm working in Ras Al Khor but staying in Sharjah, thats 3 members out here now.

Cheers, Stew.

2009 45th anniversary Mustang GT / Black / 8 spark plugs / rubber tyres / twin exhaust / STOCK / pine magic tree :)
UKDaveJ View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKDaveJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2006 at 20:53
Are you driving a BMW out here then Stew?

I currently drive an Audi A6 2.4 - as I'm the Pre-Owned Audi Manager for Al Nabooda Automobiles, the main Audi dealer for Dubai, it makes sense!
I'm staying in Jebel Ali, 10/15 mins to work in Al Quoz.

What are you doing out here then?
My 635's.
Black Betty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
You’ve took that too far man!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2006 at 03:45

I'm a production manager for a joinery manufacturers, it's a shaky roap just now but if i last to the end of the year i'll have a look for something nice, i'm driving a dodgy Toyota Echo but the wifes got a 2.7 V6 Hyundai coupe so i can still have a bit of fun, i WAS staying at the springs with friends for a while but we've moved in to a bungalow type house in Sharjah and it's only 20 mins to Ras Al Khor Ind Est, i'll have a look for you next time i'm down near the SZR auto malls.

Cheers, Stew

P.s, theres a club out here i found that so far seems ok, heres a link

www.evolve.ae

Edited by Black Betty
2009 45th anniversary Mustang GT / Black / 8 spark plugs / rubber tyres / twin exhaust / STOCK / pine magic tree :)
Brucey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brucey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2006 at 18:08

-yup, no need for Dubai weather if you like it hot.... not lately anyway.

-raining again now (of course).

in the throes of sorting the Bilsteins out, bump stops and so forth, all good fun.

hope everything is going OK Dave

cheers

~~~~~~~ Brucey   ~~~~~~
UKDaveJ View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKDaveJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 04:33
Stew, if you are in the area give me a shout, mob 451 4701.

Brucey, yep things are going great thanks mate. And with you I hope?
Very pleased when Andrea texted me to say my black 6 was MOT'd etc, so need to write a bit of an advert - at least I have all those lovely pics from TBMW!!

My 635's.
Sohlman View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Coupe Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sohlman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 12:42

Nice to hear that you are settling in.

I will keep an ear to the ground with regards to your car.

James

Sunday 10th July Brooklands Sharkfest and Big Coupe Day. Coupe Events
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic