Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Website Forum > Website Announcements & Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBMW car club forum up and running

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 20:57
You have to give them your password?! What on earth for! The only other places i have seen 'ladies' forums are cruise sites! Presumably it will be full of topics about period pains, knitting and fluffy kittens.
MattB

E36 328i Sport in silver

www.fotki.com/mattb106
Sponsored Links

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 21:00

Dont think so foxyz3 there was a female forum member registered there yesterdayso there will be a couple of you

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 21:08

19 members on the Politburo Forum!

yawn

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 21:29

Being a BMW Car club member, I have reservations on signing up on the BMW Car club Forum.

The password issue - DAFTEST idea I have ever heard of in all my eleven years of I.T. Goes against all the principles of having a password in the first place.

Whoever even suggested this idea needs help, as they seem to have issues on the meaning of the words 'Security' and 'Password'. IMO

Having said that, I'm sure members & co-ordinators of the BMW car club who are also registered on this forum, will keep us all up to date with events/meets etc.. anyway!

Why bother with the BMW car club forum?

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 21:46

Originally posted by RossiS RossiS wrote:

Why bother with the BMW car club forum?

Discuss..........

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 21:56
Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

Which in itself means that anyone who had the forum saved in favourites will still get the unavailable message.

Maybe they like exclusivity...don't want too many common people finding it do they ?

I have it in mine and it links to it no worrys

comes up with front page with adds on as it did before

I linked directly to the forum, bypassing the adverts page...as I imagine did most people.

Best Wishes

Nigel

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 21:59
Seeing as we are not part of the club anymore, I have moved the 02, ///M, Big Coupé and Alpina (now incorporating the ACS, etc) forums to the technical section.
I presume they are better off there.
Dunno what to do about the E30 forum. Ron, are you out there?

Edited by kbannon
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Nick View Drop Down
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 22:07
I thought the M Power forum was the busiest one you had on here.

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 22:12

Originally posted by Nick Nick wrote:

Doesn't really matter where they are put, their headings explain what they are about anyway.

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 22:15
Originally posted by Nick Nick wrote:

You make it sould like I closed it!
In the olden days, it was meant to be for the M Register but following letters from the clubs solicitors I decided to move it to the technical area - it's full of tech posts anyway.
1997 E39 523i
kidsinister View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
The revolution will be televised.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidsinister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 23:31
If I may quote from the letter sent out last week by Jeff:

"...the Directors of the Club want to assure members that there WILL be a revised Forum in place within a few days, that it WILL be open for anyone to view what is said and that any club member WILL be able to make postings."

Less than a week later, this turns out to be bol... ahem, nonsense.

I'd sign up for the forum just to voice my disapproval, but the password issue is such a niggle. However, I suspect the membership as a whole will make it's feelings felt to the "Directors" (why's it always capitalised, Like "God"? Oh, I see...) soon enough.
Alec J. Wood

Tuppence 1985 Alpina C2 2.5
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 00:31

I have phoned the Club Office and the password is a one-off to verify your membership in the office, so make sure you use a unique password and different from the one you use to log into the Club Forum. The Club shouldn't have or need access to your Forum Password.

Jeff Spangle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Spangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 09:14
"Our users have posted 93 Posts in 42 Topics in 41 Forum(s)"

WOW!

Goldryder View Drop Down
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 11:16
At least this is a breakaway forum...sheesh, the troubles we are having on one of my forums after merging with another.

Firstly the old owner didn't tell the membership he had sold the site...so the fact that it was sold went down like the Titanic on steroids.

We have had mutiny, slagging off against us on a breakaway site, general protestations in posts all over the forum, plugging other sites all over the forum...WW3 broke out last night and ended up in 4 bannings and 13 pages of posts removed.

Don't ever merge with another forum Killian...it will give you more sleepless nights and grey hairs thatn anything else. We are expecting WW4 this evening once the US contingent wake up....
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 13:08

I did Nero, yesterday afternoon but I still cannot register, so shall try again tomorrow morning and if no luck will ring club office monday morning

Paul

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 16:04
Paul - I would doubt that the office would be open tomorrow. Is it a bank holiday in the UK on monday like it is over here?
1997 E39 523i
kidsinister View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
The revolution will be televised.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidsinister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 16:16

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Paul - I would doubt that the office would be open tomorrow. Is it a bank holiday in the UK on monday like it is over here?

Pfft. No such luck.

Alec J. Wood

Tuppence 1985 Alpina C2 2.5
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 18:19

No K - we get our b/h on the 28th of August

Paul

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 22:11
Well people have started logging on with forum names, rather than real names, they have also begun linking to unofficial BMW sites....this should be interesting.
Best Wishes

Nigel

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 22:23
So after all of the shennanigans they are allowing what they set out to stop?
well I never!
1997 E39 523i
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic