Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedworn pad carriers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamsieboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: worn pad carriers
    Posted: 06-August-2006 at 12:34
i have been having a problem with my r/n/s brake on and off for months now, its had new disks, pads, shoes. everything else seems to be fine. when i strip down the brakes and rebuild them everything is fine for a couple of days then the squealing, rubbing and banging comes back. My local garage has the same happening to them its fine then its not.

the latest idea is that the pad carriers are causing it as the pads don't sit tight in them. anybody experienced this as im about to set my car alight and get a rover with the insurance money

the car has done 115k and i doubt if they have ever been changed

Sponsored Links

Madrab View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madrab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2006 at 22:17

Jamsie...When you fit the pads and rebuild the carrier, is there excessive pad movement either in and out or up and down, is there enough play that they click when you shoogle them? How many miles has the car done? Brake carriers should be good for 100k even under hard-ish braking before they show signs of too much play, how about a sticking handbrake cable? Do you get uneven pad/shoe wear compared to the other side?

Rob

1990 E3o 325i Touring and she's definately a she! Pain in the ass sometimes but goes like a bunny :oD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic