Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNano iPod help...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nano iPod help...
    Posted: 10-August-2006 at 13:50
Just got one yesterday and when it comes to techy stuff I'm not at my best so I need some quick guidance.

How do you select tracks to be transferred onto the ipod itself? I've been clickling and dragging but that doesn't seem to work. Also trying put tracks into a shared folder still nada...

Big sorry and thanks... she's doing my head in over this

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

Sponsored Links

spokey View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2006 at 14:01
I hope to get my own nano in shortly ... if you haven't had an answer, I'll let you know.
Ciao,
Spokey

Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Nothing new under the sun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2006 at 14:32

When I connect my ipod to the computer it updates everything automatically - anything in the pc library is added to the ipod. 

I think auto-update is a menu option so there must be a manual update menu option too.  Mine's been set to auto since I got it so I don't have to think about it.

swordfish_bite View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Its all in the genes !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swordfish_bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2006 at 14:56

have you installed itunes ?? you need this to transfer the song to the ipod  , most mp3 players use normal windows connection (ie drop and drag)but the ipods range require itunes to transfer them ..

Edited by swordfish_bite

www.westcoastcrew.co.uk

Bmw 525i Sport - 24v m50 192bhp(so far)
ally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 17:53

As above, once you have installed itunes, click file, then "add file to library, or add folder to library" then browse for the tunes you want if they are in a folder on your pc for example, or you can download straight from itunes music store.

The tunes are now in your itunes library, to get them on your ipod itself, connect it to the pc, then click file, update ipod, the tunes will then load on to your ipod.

HTH

E39 530i Sport Aegean Blue Edition
Saab 9-5T SE Estate
E36 318i loon...sold
E36 323i coupe...sold

m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 19:00
Cheers lads...Sometimes I wonder who's blond me or her

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic