Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 6 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedM635CSi suspension mount query

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M635CSi suspension mount query
    Posted: 11-August-2006 at 10:16

After my front suspension was recently declared pretty much dead, I am now in a position to replace it (and the rear) with the ex-Ross Harris M635CSi Bilstein kit, and the ex-"IanM635UK" matching springs kit.

Obviously that means I need to change all  the top mounts, pads, guides and washers. Rear mounts are not necessarily a problem, as the ETK suggests that these are near-identical to the parts on the standard Six.

However, the front mounts are confusing. The ETK states there are two types for the M635CSi:

- standard (which I assume means "fixed"); and

- "+/- 30 min. camber correction"

Which ones are UK M635CSi owners using?

All assistance gratefully received........

Sponsored Links

ian M635UK View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian M635UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 20:48
Originally posted by Horsetan Horsetan wrote:

After my front suspension was recently declared pretty much dead, I am now in a position to replace it (and the rear) with the ex-Ross Harris M635CSi Bilstein kit, and the ex-"IanM635UK" matching springs kit.

About time.

Ianm635uk to the rescue!!!!!!!

You need the 0.5 degree neg camber ones for definate

More importantly you need MY 0.5 degree neg camber mounts!!!!!!!   Ha ha ha

I am fitting K-Mac front adjustable mounts next week to mine so the 0.5 deg neg camber mounts are available to you kind Sir for some reasonable beer money.

Difference between the two types is massive.  The original set up gives good all round stability.  The extra 0.5degree gives wonderful sharp cornering.  Most noticeable on roundabouts!!!!  Maybe slightly more tyre wear but if you go faster round bends (and you will) then things even out OK!

Shall I pm for payment details?

Ian  

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 23:44
Originally posted by ian M635UK ian M635UK wrote:

About time.

Ianm635uk to the rescue!!!!!!!

You need the 0.5 degree neg camber ones for definate

More importantly you need MY 0.5 degree neg camber mounts!!!!!!!   Ha ha ha

Can ye not rub it in quite so hard?

Quote I am fitting K-Mac front adjustable mounts next week to mine so the 0.5 deg neg camber mounts are available to you kind Sir for some reasonable beer money.

I'll take 'em

Quote Difference between the two types is massive.  The original set up gives good all round stability.  The extra 0.5degree gives wonderful sharp cornering.  Most noticeable on roundabouts!!!!  Maybe slightly more tyre wear but if you go faster round bends (and you will) then things even out OK!

I was told the exact same thing on the BigCoupe.com Forum as well....

Quote Shall I pm for payment details?

Yes please

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic