Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedScumbags

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scumbags
    Posted: 20-August-2006 at 16:40
I'm feeling particularly right wing this morning.  My car managed to survive 1800 miles of intense high speed driving including probably a couple of hundred miles on the nurburgring without damage.

But one night in dublin has changed that.  Some scumbag stole my bootlid spoiler last night.  I know its a minor item but my blood is boiling.  I know I can get one cheaply but the damage of the removal is probably going to need a complete bootlid respray which won't be cheap, plus theres the loss of peace of mind that goes with knowing some f**king knacker in the aftermarket parts business knows where an M3 is conveniently located.  Is there any point me even replacing the thing now?

Sometimes I think islamic countries have the right way of it when it comes to dealing with people like this.  This is the second time in 2 years that I have had damage done to my cars and the police seem completely unable to deal with it.

Would appreciate if folks could keep their eyes open and let me know if you see anything suspicious.  Its in a pretty rare colour (Carbon Black metallic) which was only available on the m3's in the E46 range, so whoever the scumbag is who did this is going to either need to put it on one or have it resprayed.

I am truly gutted, even though this is relatively minor damage in the great scheme of things.

Sponsored Links

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2006 at 16:42
They want dropping into boiling acid if caught...
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
topazman View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2006 at 18:08
Hope that when they try and glue it onto their heap of Sh1te that the glue ruins the paint job 
Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2006 at 21:04

Bloody B*****ds !

I know you don't hold much hope, but there might be fingerprints on there. The Guards might dust it for you, you never know, somewhere down the line a few years it could catch him up.

E39 530d Touring

Mick525i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick525i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2006 at 21:10

May their genitals be infested with the fleas of 1000 dirty dogs.

B45tards

Mick

Cheers
Mick

BMW E21 318 1980
BMW E39 525i 2002 MTech
VW Golf Gti 2003
topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2006 at 21:14
Originally posted by Mick525i Mick525i wrote:

May their genitals be infested with the fleas of 1000 dirty dogs.

B45tards

Mick

They probably are and so are their girlfriends who gave them to them 

Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
Aidan316i View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan316i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2006 at 21:25
It may only be minor damage, but its still damage.

F*cking disgraceful that someone would do that!

I'll be fitting an E46 M3 Lip Spoiler to my dad's E46 sometime, and i'm a little shocked that the spoiler could come off that easily!

Hope you get it sorted anyway mick!
www.ni-bmw.co.uk

E46 316i Saloon
E36 323i Touring
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2006 at 21:44
Lads

The thing I'm worried about is, if I just replace the spoiler, they know where the car is and will just come and take the next one.  What do I do?

Maybe I should just get a CSL bootlid :)

Mick
Aidan316i View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan316i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2006 at 21:50
Why don't you get a motion sensor so when they come near the car a light comes on and you can hear billy connly (or a heavy scottish accent) with someone shouting "F*CK OFF YA BASTID" 

Or get the car electrified, or pay a small man to hide in your boot with a metal basball bat!
www.ni-bmw.co.uk

E46 316i Saloon
E36 323i Touring
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2006 at 21:51

Originally posted by ///M3Mick ///M3Mick wrote:

Lads

Mick

Every cloud has a silver lining. It'll be much easier to convince the better half that its a worthwhile mod.

1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
US M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote US M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2006 at 02:29

Sorry to hear about that Mick, it makes my blood boil that crap

Edited by US M3
1990 E30 M3 (US MODEL)

2008 BMW 520D M SPORT
BigPhil View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPhil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2006 at 07:45

Lads

The thing I'm worried about is, if I just replace the spoiler, they know where the car is and will just come and take the next one.  What do I do?

Mick

Mick you need to get that thing in off the road and get yourself a drive way and some movement triggerd lights.  Its never going to be safe otherwise.

Sorry to hear that.  Yes, It will be worrying for you now...thinking theyll be back for the wheels.  Youll have to sleep in the thing.

997 C2 now.
spokey View Drop Down
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2006 at 08:34

I feel for you, Mick! I hope you catch the c***.
Ciao,
Spokey

Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2006 at 10:18
CSL bootlid... no other option... 
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2006 at 10:24
Originally posted by BigPhil BigPhil wrote:

Lads

Mick

Sorry to hear that.  Yes, It will be worrying for you now...thinking theyll be back for the wheels.  Youll have to sleep in the thing.

Thats a good point about the wheels. You should get another set of locking wheel nuts and hide the adapter somewhere in the car. Everyone knows the normal adapter is in the tool kit.

1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
Fey! View Drop Down
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2006 at 11:06

Originally posted by Aidan316i Aidan316i wrote:

Or get the car electrified, or pay a small man to hide in your boot with a metal basball bat!

Cue the video of that monkey security system; can't remember the name of it...

There was a better one, but I can't find it!

Back on topic; sorry to hear about your car, Mick.  Any CCTV around your area?

dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2006 at 12:51
by the look of the picture it was probably a muppet car racer who will try to put it onto the boot of his lancer, focus etc, as i doubt any BMW driver will buy it with screws and grips still on your booth.
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
lesurely View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesurely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2006 at 14:06
Same thing happened to me when i was in Waterford e36 M3 spoiler they got one side off and left it like that must of been interupted. I suppose in a way its good that it was not major damage but still you would love to get your hands on them.
e30 325is (deceased)
e36 318is under major construction
E39 530D Sport mtec (all the bells and whistles )

Basic unit of laryngitis: 1 hoarsepower
lesurely
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2006 at 09:13

Well, you know what they say, every cloud........

So last night I am discussing my recent misfortune with the wife in view of my Birthday coming up at the end of next month, and somehow she actually agrees with my logic for getting a CSL Bootlid instead of replacing the M3 Spoiler

Mick

lesurely View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesurely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2006 at 09:21

Well, you know what they say, every cloud........

So last night I am discussing my recent misfortune with the wife in view of my Birthday coming up at the end of next month, and somehow she actually agrees with my logic for getting a CSL Bootlid instead of replacing the M3 Spoiler

Dont you just love it when a plan comes through.

e30 325is (deceased)
e36 318is under major construction
E39 530D Sport mtec (all the bells and whistles )

Basic unit of laryngitis: 1 hoarsepower
lesurely
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic