Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > East Anglia Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVenue for AGM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Venue for AGM
    Posted: 02-September-2006 at 12:22
Ok Guys and girls,

Any suggestions as to where we could hold an AGM for the EA region so we can get some discussion as to where we want the region to go and what activities we whish to organise. I haven't heard anything from Mike as to holding it at Mildenhall air base, but any other suggestions would be appreciated, so we can get some coverage in the club mag. Hope to have it for October time

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
Sponsored Links

D12TRE View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
josh’s beemer dad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D12TRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2006 at 17:30

what bout north weald???

darren

Rainbow Warrior View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2006 at 09:22

Dear All

It really depends on what "sections" of the EA region want to attend...!!!

One of the issues over our region is that it covers soooooo many counties.

There are a zillion places here (near Felixstowe, Suffolk) where we could organize a venue if you want, but that way "most" people have to travel some form of distance. But I feel it would be unfair for Norfolk to travel to Essex and Vice Versa. It is a difficult scenario.

Other than that we could arrange a trip "out" where EVERYONE travels to, we do some sort of event ie a race meeting or Karting, and then have the AGM at the end. Kinda "make a day of it"

Discuss........................

Cheers

Mand 

E46 Individual M3.....mmmmm Yummy
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2006 at 19:21

Mandy,

The central region covers from Wales to Northamptonshire, and is huge but they manage it. I'm sure we could find somehwere central to hold it, we need to get something concrete together and get it in the club mag, even if it's a pub with a function room we can slip into. I feel if we don't we'll keep going round in circles and nothing will happen. We have to try something

Paul

Rainbow Warrior View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2006 at 19:34

Hi Paul

So what do you call central....???

You know we will do EVERYTHING in our power to get EA a success again.

Like I say, there are loads of places near here, tell me a date, and I will book it...not an issue - we are afterall halfway between Essex & Norfolk

Mand

E46 Individual M3.....mmmmm Yummy
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2006 at 20:26

I was hoping that maybe we could stir up some of the others into making a decision, but will probably be you and me and we'll discuss more at the meet but we'll have to discuss more and get it into the club mag v quick.

You have pm also

Paul

D12TRE View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
josh’s beemer dad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D12TRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2006 at 21:49

i dont mind where we have thew meet thats what tomtom is for lol

darren

p.s must drive car again soon lol free van from work saving fortunes

pockets View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2006 at 22:58

hello i'm back

so have decided yet

when and where

got rid of wife
got this
brybusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brybusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2006 at 13:45

.......is this not BMWCC related now?

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2006 at 16:30

Bry

It is still club related, most of us on here are BMW CC members, we're just after a venue to hold it and advertise it in the club mag, as myself, Mandy and Gareth want to kick-start the region again and are really struggling to get any participation apart from the people that frequent here and the official BMWCC forum

Paul

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2007 at 11:53

Guy's

Any more thoughts about having an AGM - had a PM from Jeff about it and one of the board of directors (Richard Baxter) would pop along to take any questions that would arise from this. I definately think this would be a good thing and could help us.I do hope we can talk more about this at the next meet (if we have the attendance). Even if we just hi-jack a pub in Thetford or Bury st Edmunds with a backroom for us. I really would like us to get something down concrete

Paul

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2007 at 12:19
Right folks,

The ball has started to roll - the AGM will be on April 15th at the swan at Lavenham, meet up at midday for lunch followed by AGM at 13:30-14:00 approx. Interested people for meals please let me know to enable me to advise the swan of rough numbers.

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic