Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEvo2 Spotted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evo2 Spotted
    Posted: 06-September-2006 at 00:23

Red Evo2 parked up on Upper Rock Gardens road in Brighton on Sunday. Looks nice if its yours? I was at friends B&B next to where you were parked. Was looking out to see you but you had disappeared before I could come out and say hello.

Number 247/500, F reg, can't remember the rest of the number.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
Sponsored Links

JudgeBaxter View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeBaxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2006 at 13:12

That was me......

I was actually down there for the Lancia Integrale London to Brighton run. Don't know if you were there on the Saturday, but there were about 100 odd Grales parked on Madeira drive. Shame about the crappy weather though.

Should have taken the Grale....but wanted a fighting chance of getting back home on Sunday under my own power.....

cheers,

dave.
BMW E34 M5 (3.8)
BMW E30 M3 EvoII
Lancia Integrale EvoII "Perlato" Ltd Ed.
Mk.2 Golf GTI 16V
Mk.1 Scirocco GTI
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2006 at 16:59

Hi Dave!

Nah, you took the right car  The 'grale is loking a bit dated now. Yes I was there Saturday, I didn't realise there were so many of them still going!

Nice looking Evo2 though

Paul.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
Darren M View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2006 at 23:13
247 of 500 eh? mine`s 245
JudgeBaxter View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeBaxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2006 at 08:40

Hi Darren,

If I'm not mistaken, didn't you used to have a black E30 M3 - and live out near Hungerford way? If it's you - I'm the chap that brought the EvoII brochure off you a couple of years back......

couldn't stay away eh from them eh.....?

Paul.....

As for the Grale looking dated........ouch.....I'll take the reliability jibe......but you have to admit that they still look pretty damn sexy......and when she's going well......oooooooooo mummmaaaahhh....

nothing else has ever made me grin as much........

cheers,

dave.
BMW E34 M5 (3.8)
BMW E30 M3 EvoII
Lancia Integrale EvoII "Perlato" Ltd Ed.
Mk.2 Golf GTI 16V
Mk.1 Scirocco GTI
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2006 at 12:42
Any pic's of the Grale... I love these cars as well as the Audi Quattro Trubo's.

I just think that boxed arches look really cool on certain cars
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2006 at 13:54

Dave, I used to have one of the last of the integrale's a bright yellow one, Its was great......when it was running right, but that wasn't for long, loads went wrong with it, so it's long gone. Also I thought mine was a rare one, untill I saw how many there were lurking around Brighton the other day!  Yes, I am sure I'd still have it if it was reliable as I did love the shape.

Give me an old Nova Sport with the twin 40's fitted anyday!  Joke ofcourse!

Darren M View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2006 at 12:13
Originally posted by JudgeBaxter JudgeBaxter wrote:

Hi Darren,

If I'm not mistaken, didn't you used to have a black E30 M3 - and live out near Hungerford way? If it's you - I'm the chap that brought the EvoII brochure off you a couple of years back......

couldn't stay away eh from them eh.....?

Hi Dave,
Yep that was/is me    .
Bought the Evo 2 probably some 6 months or so after I sold you the brochure - typical eh? Missed the old `87 M3 so picked up another but I bought one as a bit of a project. 2 years later it is improved but still a bit of a project. Its a more solid car now (rust removed - it is a UK spec car) but now the running problems need to be sorted. It`s bit jumpy (missing?) when cold or warm -it seems to surge a bit when oil at 50 when cruising (it slows slightly then surges forward to resume normal speed). When hot it runs fine but the idle is 1200+. Idle moves from 1200-1500 and drops back again before repeating. It stopped doing this for a while after fitting an ICV but it still idled too high. Now it goes from 1200-1500 again.

Sorry, a bit off topic but if anyone has any ideas? I have a spare ECU to try and I`ll try that soon as I get a chance

M3Nally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Nally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2006 at 13:59
Air leaks from hoses around the ICV, leaking around the O rings that join the plenum to the throttle bodies?

Maybe your rubber boot that joins the plenum to the air flow meter has a split in it, mine did and my mechanic said it was common. It was split underneath so you couldn't see it until it was taken off during a service.

Good luck
E30 M3 Macao blue metallic Evolution 2
E39 530d Sport Auto, Aegean blue Edition, Sat Nav, TV, comms pack etc.
E39 540i Auto, Sat Nav, TV, leather, luxo barge
Kiko View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2007 at 19:55

Hi!

I'm looking for a nice (not overly priced) Evo 2 as long as its not red, can anyone help?

BTW, did the Evo 2's came with black or Nogaro Silver wheel centers?

Cheers

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2007 at 19:58

Originally posted by Kiko Kiko wrote:

did the Evo 2's came with black or Nogaro Silver wheel centers?

Welcome  The answer to your question is neither. The wheels were a standard colour as of the standar E30 M3.

The Sport Evo had Nogaro silver centers, the Cecotto and Ravaglia had Black centers.

Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2007 at 20:04
Originally posted by Kiko Kiko wrote:

BTW, did the Evo 2's came with black or Nogaro Silver wheel centers?

Welcome, Kiko.

And the answer's 'neither', I'm afraid. My EvoII has got it's original 16" wheels on and they are all one colour.

I think that the Nogaro centres were specific to the Sport Evos.

Hope this helps,

B73

Edited to add: Ah, Sheps beat me to it!

Edited by Bravo73
B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL
Kiko View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2007 at 20:16

Thanks! That what I call lightning fast replies!

So, if no one knows a nice Evo 2 for sale, how much should I pay for one?

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2007 at 20:19

Mint ultra low mileage (30,000 MILES) approx £17-£20k

A well used one with history but rough around the edges. - approx £6-£7k

An above average with lowish miles - approx £10-£12k ish.

Hope this helps.

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2007 at 20:25
Dave

IMO that's one impressive garage line up you have there and would love to see pics of them

as for the grale looking dated , shame on you for even letting that thought cross your mind.

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrą mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 10:20

Originally posted by M3Nally M3Nally wrote:

Maybe your rubber boot that joins the plenum to the air flow meter has a split in it, mine did and my mechanic said it was common. It was split underneath so you couldn't see it until it was taken off during a service.

Changed mine a couple of months ago, same as, small split on the underside. 

Brent View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 14:22

Whats An above average with lowish miles - approx £10-£12k ish.

How many miles would you say??? is lowish

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic