Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedComputer Illiterate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallorcaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer Illiterate
    Posted: 28-September-2006 at 15:03
Could one of you tell me, in simple language I can understand, how I go about posting a rolling road printout on here? There is a significant problem with the power output of my car which I am keen to discuss with your good selves.
MALLORCAMAN
Putting the ///M in Mallorca
Sponsored Links

Lancastrian View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancastrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 15:38
PM sent
E30 M3 Project - Specification TBC
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 15:44

I presume your printout is only available in paper form?

Have you got a scanner? Scan it and post the image.

Alternatively take a digital photo of it and again post the image.

(If you need help posting images PM me and I'll help you out)

Mallorcaman View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallorcaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 17:27
MALLORCAMAN
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallorcaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 17:40

Right, having actually managed to post the graph, some explanation.

The car is a 1987 EVO that has covered 128000 kms. It is standard, to my knowledge and appearance apart from an EVO2 flywheel (5.7kg) fitted by me, and a scorpion exhaust, which was on the car when I bought it.

There is no sign of any particular engine wear, Hydrocarbons are good and it runs smoothly, pulls cleanly and seems to drive as it should, up to 5000rpm.

The dyno has confirmed, if I am not mistaken, that up to 5000 it behaves much like any other standard car. Above this, I seem to be missing 23 horses. Any ideas?

The black graph is a 4th gear run, red is 5th.

MALLORCAMAN
Matt T View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 17:43
Scorpions are awful and meant to lose ALOT of power, whose E3 was it on here that lost 43bhp?

Also, dont expect a 19 year old car with 80odd k miles to produce stock figures.

Lancastrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancastrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 20:46

Got your pm reply.

Glad to see you got the graph posted.

New car figures:

200bhp at 6,750rpm (195bhp with catalyst),
176lb.ft at 4,750rpm (169lb.ft with catalyst).

I can only agree with Matt T, in that a change of exhaust to OEM, supersprint or Miltek would probably show an improvement. I presume you believe ignition and injection are in good condition and adjusted properly.

I am sure that there are many others better qualified than me to comment on this.

Peter 

E30 M3 Project - Specification TBC
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallorcaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 23:01

I have a supersprint centre section and an OEM rear box. I`ll put them on and do another run. Could it really make so much diffference?

Rotor arm and cap are new. Don`t really know about the injectors without sending them off for testing, but the car starts and runs clean from cold with no coughing or stuttering so I assume they are sound.

MALLORCAMAN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic