Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChips away....dont bother (not tec)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
V8 Baby !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 19:48
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Cannae get the staff chazzer!

Outcome to be expected, hopefully you will get it sorted and he will cover the cost..but I wouldn't hold yer breath. I have a feeling he may cover a percentage of the cost but, hopefully I'll be wrong and he will pay for it all.

..Good luck!

afriad to say your right mate he is now saying he will only refund my money which leaves me with £600.00 of bodyshop bill plus all the overspray covered parts which i just cant get cleaned up he  also said "my expectations were to high" however i think that a patchy dull paint finish looks c**p regardless of my expectations

what a complete sh*tter...

dont make the same mistake guys

Chaz
Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. Previous: 1991 BMW E34 520I Manual(non-vanos) 185K with full leather. 1990 BMW E34 525I Auto 113k in sterling silver
& 1993 BMW E34 520I SE in dimond black
Sponsored Links

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 20:47

Really Sorry to hear that chazzer  It must be SO frustrating..

As previously mentioned, now is the time to chase up Chipsaway Central Office to complain about it..If they are not willing to do anything about it, then onto Trading Standards.

Oh, make sure you mention Trading Standards when complaining to Chipsaway..Then you may be treated in a more respectable manner and not just fobbed off. The company will be insured to the hilt, all sorts of liability etc..time for a pay out me thinks.

This could happen to anyone else, nows the time to prevent it!

NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 22:46

Chips away central office make sure all the franchises have liability insurance to cover damages that they cause to the car.  So id be very vocal with them about it  The glasgow branch is none the better.

528 for now
chazzer View Drop Down
V8 Baby !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2006 at 17:45
I will be onto head ofiice on monday .... will keep you guys posted on what happens ...

Im still smiling (just)

will be happy when this is all over....
Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. Previous: 1991 BMW E34 520I Manual(non-vanos) 185K with full leather. 1990 BMW E34 525I Auto 113k in sterling silver
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2006 at 19:35
I looked at taking on a Chips Away franchise (£22k+) but scrapped the idea when I found that dealers won't use them & my area is saturated with similar rivals. I was told (by a dealer) that the finish isn't always that good & by the time they've set everything up the car could have gone to a bodyshop.

Expectations too high? Chips Away blow their own trumpet very loudly as far as quality of finish is concerned.

Chips Away is in fact quite pricey compared to a conventional bodyshop. The usp of CA is the convenience factor compared to a conventional bodyshop. Personally I wouldn't use them.

Good luck with your claim against them. You could alway park up next to them when they set up shop on retail parks etc. & loudly proclaim your dissatisfaction with them. That'll get results!

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

chazzer View Drop Down
V8 Baby !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 15:37

Well i have spoke to head office, the chap that fu*ked it up has given me a refund but has left me with an £650.00 bill that chipsaway wont pay for because and their exact words were "we wont pay for a bodyshop repair because we dont paint whole panels" i told them they shouldnt have wrecked the whole panels and the only way to get compensation would be through the small cllaims court with no garantee

so there you go, my pride and joy covered in overspray with mis-matching patchey paint and chipsaway do it for free....and now couldnt give a sh*t would have been better in someone had vandalised it ....

regards

chaz

AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 16:29
Like I said, haunt the guy when he sets up shop at the weekends.

He'll soon think twice when his income starts to drop.

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic