Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOT: Procedure regarding speeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2006 at 17:22
Wait til the private companies start operating then I will bet that this topic will really get heated   
Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
Sponsored Links

denishogan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
What’s this title thing about then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denishogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2006 at 17:41
Sorry to go back to this again lads, but I just want to get one thing straight...

Are ye saying that a speeding fine and points can be issued against you based solely on a Garda's "word"? What happens if the Garda takes note of the wrong registration??

I'm afraid it does happen!!! This isn't a dig at the Gardai... we all make mistakes - hell, I make at least four good mistakes an hour!
US M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote US M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2006 at 19:49
Originally posted by US M3 US M3 wrote:

Originally posted by topazman topazman wrote:

but ones for penalty points require the personnal touch

So what would happen if the Guard was giving you a ticket and told your there was no penalty points with it, even though you tell him there is?

Then you recieve a fine which is for something completely different and has double the points

Anybody know is there anything I can do about this?

1990 E30 M3 (US MODEL)

2008 BMW 520D M SPORT
US M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote US M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2006 at 02:33

Originally posted by topazman topazman wrote:

but ones for penalty points require the personnal touch

So what would happen if the Guard was giving you a ticket and told your there was no penalty points with it, even though you tell him there is?

Then you recieve a fine which is for something completely different and has double the points

Anybody know is there anything I can do about this?

I have found a way tonight, solicitors and Garda they work great together with a few pints

1990 E30 M3 (US MODEL)

2008 BMW 520D M SPORT
highbeem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highbeem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2006 at 19:22

Hi lads

I've seen a product advertised that is applied to the rear plate of the Car that reflects the flash of anyone taking pictures of your number plate.

Nearly sure was in an American car magazine i.e Road & Track, Motor trend. I'll have a look through some when i get home.

Dan 

Highbeem
E46 323Ci
lukeduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukeduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2006 at 20:03
heard about this before alright!!! surley its highly illegal, if you get caught!!
Previous:
2001 M3
2004 M3 CS.
Current:
2007 318D SE SALOON.
Mick525i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick525i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2006 at 20:12

Originally posted by denishogan denishogan wrote:

Sorry to go back to this again lads, but I just want to get one thing straight...

Are ye saying that a speeding fine and points can be issued against you based solely on a Garda's "word"? What happens if the Garda takes note of the wrong registration??

I'm afraid it does happen!!! This isn't a dig at the Gardai... we all make mistakes - hell, I make at least four good mistakes an hour!

Anyone how has stud infront of the justice and tried to make out that the Garda is mistaken will never win. I tried in Kells court when a Garda said that on comming cars had to get out of my way when I was over taking. This was not the case infact the road ahead was empty. I sugested the the justice that this was the only case I had in my head and that the Garda who had 10 cases that day could be mistaken. He said "how should I beleive?? you or the Garda before me".. I got fined £250.....

Mick

Cheers
Mick

BMW E21 318 1980
BMW E39 525i 2002 MTech
VW Golf Gti 2003
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2006 at 21:07
The reflective plates seemingly don't work with cameras that don't flash (non Gatso cameras). This leaves you open to being caught by a garda standing at the side of the road or a mobile patrol, etc.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
highbeem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highbeem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2006 at 00:27

Thanks Killian

Did'nt know we had different types of stationary cameras. My quota of new Knowledge for the day.

Highbeem
E46 323Ci
denishogan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
What’s this title thing about then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denishogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2006 at 18:00
Originally posted by Mick525i Mick525i wrote:

Anyone how has stud infront of the justice and tried to make out that the Garda is mistaken will never win. I tried in Kells court when a Garda said that on comming cars had to get out of my way when I was over taking. This was not the case infact the road ahead was empty. I sugested the the justice that this was the only case I had in my head and that the Garda who had 10 cases that day could be mistaken. He said "how should I beleive?? you or the Garda before me".. I got fined £250.....

Mick

That is freakin' outrageous!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic