Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ********************* 1.00:98 ************************* :)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked********************* 1.00:98 ************************* :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ********************* 1.00:98 ************************* :)
    Posted: 04-November-2006 at 21:25
Ahem, someone won the karting with that superb time just over a minute.  Can't remember who it was now again, but I know it wasn't kin  and he was looking pretty pissed about it

Seriously, we have to organise an event down there.  It is without doubt the best karting track I have been on bar none , just a pity we didn't have more peeps.

Thanks to Dave and Alex for organising it.

Mick

Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2006 at 21:36
I presume Kins lap times were longer because of the amount of wheel spin you get when driving on grass
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Kin Mak View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2006 at 22:05

My time was 1:01.07, can't get much closer than that. I would like to add that I had the fastest avg speed, because unlike Mick I did not spin out twice.

Great day, next time we need a GP.
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2006 at 22:06
Oh and kin had a sore ankle so he couldnt depress the accelerator fast enough 
Daxklynsmith View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daxklynsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2006 at 15:50

Yeah, so there I am,Having a quiet Sunday drive practice and everytime  I Glance right,there's one of the two light blue overalled hooligans looking for a line, couple of times I took the same line following foot as far forward as I could and could not keep up.

Weight watchers for me before next year.Nice driving, guys!!

Superbly Orgeynised, Fey and FffflyingAlex

Dax Klynsmith
mackeroo1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
IRISH REGION MEMBER ///MACKEROO1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackeroo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2006 at 21:17
think i will be joining you dax in weight watchers .. need to lose a few pounds and gain a few seconds , about 8 per lap to keep up with mick and kin    
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 11:33

Yes well done Mick. It was a great track. Really took a lot of effort. Would be a great place for a grand prix if we can get a big group together. Pics:

1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 11:47
I would deffo be on for another spin on that track it was fantastic fun and the track is the business 
Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 11:54
Was it better than the damp day in Mondello?
1997 E39 523i
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 13:46

Killian

Even though I finally beat Kin at the karting  it still wasn't as good as Mondello.  I actually thought that was the best day I have ever had at mondello.....the rain made it so much fun and the track time was fantastic.  I used a whole tank of fuel, compared with just under half a tank on the recent public day.  Twas great fun, and easy on tires and brakes.

The karting while excellent, would be better if we had a grand prix format.  I think in the new year we should try to organise an official type event there, rather than it being just one element of the Galway Weekend.

Mick

Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 13:52
Mick, I think Killian was talking about the Karting in Mondello that was done on a rainy day.

It was better than Mondello definately, loads more grip and the huge course did seem to work very well. Can't tell if the karts were similar in speed, maybe not. I just can't se how I could be mackeroo1, unless he ate all the pies before he came out. 

A GP would sort that all out and hopefully we will do one soon. I might organise one for Kylemore soon enough.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 13:58
Kin is correct - I was referring to the karting day there.
The inch or two of rain that day really helped make it enjoyable!
1997 E39 523i
Fey! View Drop Down
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 14:00

Alex - where's the pic of Digweed fighting with the overalls?

Mick/Kin/other lightweights - if there's a Grand Prix, then we have to have a handicap system!

Mick - it can still be part of a Galway weekend; the accom/food isn't too difficult to organise.  The accom this weekend actually worked out pretty cheap IMHO.  Might entice more people to take the trip west then just an hour in a kart.

///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 15:49

Fey

Just to point out that Kin actually had a 3 stone weight advantage on me :)

Mick

Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 16:07
Mick, no need to advertise you are a fat bar stewart. 

Oh... not sure if you know but Al is doing naughty things to your BBK.

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 16:09
Originally posted by ///M3Mick ///M3Mick wrote:

Just to point out that Kin actually had a 3 stone weight advantage on me :)

You know each others weight? Is there something we all should know?
1997 E39 523i
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 16:23

Killian

He was trying to claim all kinds of advantages like his kart, his sore ankle etc so I had to point this out

Kin

I have seen that, I told richie to make sure they clean the rust inhibitor off the rotors first, but thats taking it a bit far

mick

Fey! View Drop Down
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 16:41

Kin

I have seen that, I told richie to make sure they clean the rust inhibitor off the rotors first, but thats taking it a bit far

Now THAT's personal service!!! 

Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 17:20

He was trying to claim all kinds of advantages like his kart, his sore ankle etc so I had to point this out

I was not the one that said he had a sore wrist... something to do with his wife being away I think.
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 17:29

LOFL no riposte to that one I think

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic