Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Boots {** NOW DAMAGED**}

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Boots {** NOW DAMAGED**}
    Posted: 18-November-2006 at 12:44
Lads

A few pics of the new rims and BBK.  Haven't taken many cos the car is really dirty and needs a detailing but it will follow.

Anyway, they are BBS RS-GT's in brilliant silver, 19x8.5 and 19x10 with Toyo proxes 245/35 and 275/30s.  I absolutely love these rims ever since I saw THorlief Nielsens CSL with them at the ring.  They are BBK friendly and the ultra lightweight thin spoke design really shows off the calipers.  The fronts weigh less than 10kgs and are actually 6lbs lighter than the OEM 18"s!!!!!

BBK is a Stoptech 4 wheel kit, with 355mm discs all round and 4-pot calipers both front and Rear.  Major thanks to Al and Richie for the installation at a great price, and now they are bedded in I frankly can't believe the stopping power.  On the night I bedded them in, my stomach gave way before the brakes did, which has never happened before.   They just do not fade now matter how hard I try to provoke them, can't wait for next day at mondello now.

Finally, I can't believe the amount of attention the car is getting now.  Guys in the office with no interest in cars have been coming up asking about it.  It really has transformed the look, and is almost disconcerting.  Last week myself and the other half went for lunch in malahide and we could see the car from the restaurant window.  At least 10 groups of people that went past stopped to point at the brakes and stuff, it freaked me out and I couldnt concentrate on my szechuan chicken!  Maybe I should have got black calipers!

More pics to follow when car is detailed and I get my CSL bootlid.

Edited by ///M3Mick
Sponsored Links

flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 13:10

Nice one Mick. They really do look the business.

If I were you I'd fit 5 locking wheel nuts on each wheel though.

1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
mbbaz View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 13:18
lovely setup mate, would those 355s and calipers fit with standard M3 19s?
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 13:23
The backs will fit, but you would need 10mm spacers and new longer wheel bolts at the front.

Mick
Fey! View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 13:29
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  (can't find the drooling icon!)
lukeduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukeduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 15:58
car looks great MicK!!!!!
Previous:
2001 M3
2004 M3 CS.
Current:
2007 318D SE SALOON.
T.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 16:31

Oh my God, that's epic.

Edited by thepits
Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 16:35

Will this one do?

..think them callipers could be a bit brighter don't you?
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 17:52
Update:

You just can't make this stuff up.  I was going back to my car in the gym earlier, when I saw the car beside me reversing out.  When I was about 30 meters from the car, I heard a sickening crunch.  You've guessed it, he put on lock too early and has damaged the rear wing, my rear bumper and 1 brand spanking new BBS RS-GT which just depreciated by about 500 euro.  He has offered me his number, and apparently "has a mate in a garage" who  can refurbish the wheel but I am not hopeful.  The rim is damaged right on the lip, about a 2 inch area where he has taken the surface off.  I think it might be impossible (or do more damage to the rim) to repair and am throughly sickened.   I will wait until its light tomorrow to assess the damage to it and the bodywork.

Mick
Robbie Bradford View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 18:52
 sweet dude.

Edited by thepits
lukeduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukeduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 18:54
oh my god Mick!!! sorry to hear that  some people are just clueless when it comes to driving.. at least you witnessed it yourself, if that's any consolation!!
Previous:
2001 M3
2004 M3 CS.
Current:
2007 318D SE SALOON.
JohnH View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 20:03
Ouch  - sorry to hear that Mick.
I think he'll be phoning his insurance company rather than his mate when he hears the price of the replacement wheel. At least you saw him and got his number, would have been worse if it was a drive off.     
ivanovoitch View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Where did all the white water come from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanovoitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 20:51
Nicest wheels...baddest news! Your car is so sweet it would probably be fair if you shoot the whilst making lurve to his wife!

Edited by thepits
IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 21:01
bad bad they looked stunning, if the're that new I be looking for replacement not refurb tho

Edited by thepits
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Eamo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 21:04
Originally posted by Derek M5 Derek M5 wrote:

bad bad , they looked stunning, if they're that new I be looking for replacement not refurb tho

same here

looks savage though mick!!!

Edited by thepits
mbbaz View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 21:28

Id be looking for a replacement mate, leave him with the damaged wheel if he kicks up a fuss.

Make sure and get a BMW quote on the quarter panel work also that will surely run into insurance money!

Your lucky you caught the youd never see him again if you didnt witness the damage.

How did you react? Id be knockin lumps off anyone I caught doing that to my M.

Edited by thepits
E46 M3
Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 21:36
Oh my god! I would not be looking to get the wheel refurbished. I have the reciept for your rims if you want. It is only dated a few weeks ago. I would demand a new rim, find you can repain the bumper but new rims!

Wait till I tell M5 that M3 got into a accident... he will be devistated.
T.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 22:18
that's depressing news, Mick. At least you were there...
Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2006 at 13:56
Typical in this country, get a quote in a dealers for the full repair work and you never know it might go towards getting the CSL bootlid resprayed also. New rim only and no refurb as your rims have that coating on them so go through his insurance and you will be able to keep the damaged rim as a spare
Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2006 at 15:36
Thats shocking Mick. You really were lucky to be there. Hope it all works out.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic