Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Boots {** NOW DAMAGED**}

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan316i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2006 at 16:08
Thats shocking mate! The car is looking absolutly gorgeous!
www.ni-bmw.co.uk

E46 316i Saloon
E36 323i Touring
Sponsored Links

Fey! View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 11:32

The wheels are only on a few days, so make sure you get a new wheel!

Sorry to hear about what happened.  Sickening.

O/T Why has Pits edited nearly every post on this thread?

Edited by Derek M5
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 11:39

Originally posted by Fey Fey wrote:

O/T Why has Pits editted nearly every post on this thread?

???..the edited post authors should know...

Back on topic: Sorry to hear that, as previously said, get the new damaged wheel replaced...don't settle for a refurb! After all, they are new!

Edited by Rossi
IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 16:15

Originally posted by Fey! Fey! wrote:

O/T Why has Pits editted nearly every post on this thread?

He did mine because the auto filter didn't censor the word XXXX in my post as I thought it would....

As for the others not sure, got carried away? Still at this rate he'll wear out his edit button and will quieten down again soonbiglaugh

and I edited yours cos ye'd misspelt editted!

Edited by thepits
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Bopsy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bopsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 16:51
Enough with the editing. Up with free speech, constitutional right and all that.
Bopsy!
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 21:25

Originally posted by Bopsy Bopsy wrote:

Up with free speech, constitutional right and all that.

I'm all for that - but just to remind you this is an open forum and rules is rules -

http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10&P N=1

In particular -

• Do not use objectionable language. It is our intention to keep the language levels appropriate for family viewing. Any offensive wording will be edited!

(not my capitals nor underline, but Killians!)

so, keep it clean, and it won't get edited .

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 17:00
Mick whats happening are you getting a new rim or are you being fecked around hope it is sorted quickly and not dragged out  
Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 17:07
Was talking to Micky B this morning, turns out that the bumper scuff was superficial and buffed out. The rim damage is very slight and not noticable after a bit of gentlle rubbing. 

Looks like Mick might leave it be... too much hassle than it is worth. Truth be told the time it would take Mick to chase up the claim he would have made more money if he was busy at work.

I am sure he will chime in soon...
topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 17:41
The only thing with his rims is if the laquer is damaged the winter will take its toll and then it will lift and get a white appearance etc under the laquer he should still pursue the rim replacement anyway just to be on the safe side  

Edited by topazman
Robbie Bradford View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 19:56

Originally posted by topazman topazman wrote:

The only thing with his rims is if the laquer is damaged the winter will take its toll and then it will lift and get a white appearance etc under the laquer he should still pursue the rim replacement anyway just to be on the safe side  

Agreed, get yourself a new rim Mick.

Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 20:04
Yeah... can I have the spare one to make a coffee table?
topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 20:17

Originally posted by Kin Mak Kin Mak wrote:

Yeah... can I have the spare one to make a coffee table?

Get in line I am encouriging him to get a new one and I have a nice piece of glass that would look lovely on top of that rim

///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 08:51

Lads

I need some time & daylight! to really assess the damage.  His car was a silver 407 or 607, so in the dark when I looked at it first with horizontal white lines down my rear panel and bumper I thought it was going to be much worse.  Next day I went down with some Megs detailing spray and took it all off, all of the paint was his thank god.

On the rim, again I took all of his paint off and used some meguiars metal polish to clean up the area and I am down to a small area of approx 1" in length of damage.  Would anyone else notice it if I didn't point it out?  Probably not.  

I don't really know what to do now, because while its easy for everyone to say "make sure you get a new rim", as you all know its a right pain in the ar$e in the circumstances.  The amount of my time thats going to be involved etc

I am still pissed off about it because if anyone was going to kerb these wheels I wanted it to be me.

Mick

BigPhil View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPhil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 10:01

Hey mick, was that you driving up Domnick street, 6.15pm wed eve.......I was sitting in traffic there, you passed me when you turned off the Street.

997 C2 now.
topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 10:18
Originally posted by BigPhil BigPhil wrote:

Hey mick, was that you driving up Domnick street, 6.15pm wed eve.......I was sitting in traffic there, you passed me when you turned off the Street.

Its all right Phil he has turned into a bit of Snob latelty with his new rims and brakes  

BigPhil View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPhil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 10:23
He probably wont reply to me know as Ive only got standard 19's and BMW brakes.  
997 C2 now.
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 10:51

LOFL

Phil was that you in that car full of romanians?

Lol seriously, when I turned back on to Dorset street on wednesday I was stuck in traffic, and this really old car with 5 people in it was on the inside lane.  I happened to glance over and noticed they were all pointing at the rims.  The driver started laughing when he saw me looking and motioned for me to lower my window.  I was  a bit suspicious but then he just said "You have very nice car" in an eastern european accent.

So it could have been me alright, but I don't know which one Domenick street is?  I take all these rat runs where I don't know the name of the fecking streets.

And no Niall, I haven't lost the run of myself yet.  The supercharger will take care of that

Mick

topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 11:01
You forgot to mention the CSL Bootlid as well  
BigPhil View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPhil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 11:01

Dominick street -- you turn up it off Dorset Street, its up a hill, leads up to the Subaru Dealers.

Car looked nice.

Supercharger ?? How much € ? Who fits it ?  How much HP when fitted ?

WHen ?

997 C2 now.
Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 11:07
Jeez... what Mick will do to get one up on me in the BHP stakes. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic