Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTOTAL BMW MAG SAVED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthehat17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TOTAL BMW MAG SAVED
    Posted: 20-November-2006 at 11:54

Hello all,

There has been much speculation and misinformation over the past two months or so, regarding the long term future of Total BMW Magazine. Let me at last put everything down in black and white.

Total BMW has been bought by Kelsey Publishing (www.kelsey.co.uk) and its future is therefore assured. Issue 75 should be in the shops/with subscribers any day now, while 76 is being planned as I write. The magazine WILL continue to be published in the long-term.

The magazine should continue as it is, with the same mix of feature cars, buying guides and tech features. There will be a few changes, including a much bigger classified section, but its focus will remain the same, so we can keep bringing you all the best BMWs from the 1960s onwards.

In terms of staffing, features ed Nick Odantzis and art ed Rob Crossland have decided to go down other avenues of employment within Future Publishing, our erstwhile owners. I wish them both all the best; they did a great job during their time on the magazine. I will be continuing as editor, and am currently setting up an office at home. Full contact details will be in the magazine in the coming months (probably at the start of 2007) but until then you can contact me via email at: matt_g_robinson@yahoo.co.uk. All feature car ideas, letters, tech queries and so on should be sent to me.

All subscriptions will carry over to Kelsey, so if you are an existing subscriber your mag should keep being delivered as normal. I will be talking to our new owners on Thursday this week (Nov 23) and shall mention the possibility of doing a better subs deal for forum members/linking up with forums in the future. All subs enquiries should go to Kelsey; details are on the website.

May I say thank you to everyone who has offered messages of support throughout this difficult time, and I hope you continue to enjoy the magazine. All the best!

Cheers

Matt Robinson, TBMW editor

Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 12:07
Well done Matt - excellent news on an otherwise crappy Monday
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
spokey View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 12:35
Hurrah! 
Ciao,
Spokey

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 13:27

Good news for a mundane manic monday..

Pretty sure 'Big Pimpin' on this very forum will be wanting a feature on his conversion...

Keep up the good work Matt!

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 15:00
Good news....
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2006 at 18:07
Good news indeed 
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
matthehat17 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthehat17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2006 at 10:02
Thanks all! I'm pleased with the development, and having met Kelsey yesterday I was impressed with the company! It bodes well for the future!
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2006 at 10:46
Originally posted by matthehat17 matthehat17 wrote:

Thanks all! I'm pleased with the development, and having met Kelsey yesterday I was impressed with the company! It bodes well for the future!

Thats excellent!
Im glad for myself and other enthuasiasts who love the mag and Im delighted that you are all not out of a job just before Christmas!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
denishogan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Whats this title thing about then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denishogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2006 at 14:25
Great news Matt - congratulations.

I look forward to the next issue!

Denis
Don B View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2006 at 17:12

Good to see a quality publication staying on the shelves, thanks for the update Matt and best of luck.

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2006 at 19:20
Well done Matt - so pleased to hear you're still around I've made you a sticky!
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
jamie (e39)528i View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie (e39)528i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2006 at 20:44

Nice one Matt.

I enjoy the varied articles new and old and will continue to buy the magazine.

M3sportEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3sportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2006 at 22:27
BIG Congrats and all the very best for the future. skh
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2006 at 22:18

and, This is the Future (out on the 21st December): -

Originally posted by TBMW TBMW wrote:

Bavarian Board Logo with this text underneath..

'Into your BMWs big style? Then head over to a new forum, www.bavarian-board.co.uk. This excellent site is run by Killian Bannon and has a huge range of various sub-forums, for technical knowledge, meets and events details and just general BMW chat. Thereʼs a great informal feel to the site and it is open to absolutely anybody who is passionate about BMWs; so even if youʼre on your first 200 E30 or whether youʼve got a 60,000 M5, head on over to the forum and sign up ASAP! Youʼll be made to feel very welcome indeed.'

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Sure beats getting libelled in a magazine like the last printed reference to me! Fair play to TBMW - my favourite BMW mag!

Thanks TBMW

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2007 at 14:53

G'day Matt,

Great news that TBMW has been saved.

Have you got an update on the potential subs deal that you mentioned back in November?

I will be talking to our new owners on Thursday this week (Nov 23) and shall mention the possibility of doing a better subs deal for forum members/linking up with forums in the future.

Many thanks.
B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2007 at 22:31
Originally posted by Bravo73 Bravo73 wrote:

Have you got an update on the potential subs deal that you mentioned back in November?

I will be talking to our new owners on Thursday this week (Nov 23) and shall mention the possibility of doing a better subs deal for forum members/linking up with forums in the future.

Yes indeed. My subs is finished & I could do with starting again.

Edited by AndyS
AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2007 at 22:36

oops forgot to post scan...lol

Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2007 at 17:24

I never did hear back from the multiple mails and PMs that I sent to Matt the Editor , so I tried sending a mail direct to Kelsey.

This is the very nice reply that I got back:

"The current annual UK subscription rate is 46.20, however there is a special offer to BMW club members paying by Direct Debit of 9.30 every 3 months (saving 1 per issue).

Please phone our hotline on 01959 541444 with your bank account details and quote your BMW club membership number to take up this offer.

Best regards

Suzanne Wright
Administration Systems Director
Kelsey Publishing Group
Cudham Tithe Barn, Berrys Hill, Berrys Green, Westerham TN16 3AG
Tel: 01959 541444      Direct Line: 01959 543555"

I guess that it's not a huge discount but at least it's something.

And, oh, the new website has also gone live: www.total-bmw-mag.co.uk

B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2007 at 18:14
Be nice if the mag gave forum members a similar deal.
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2007 at 18:31
Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Be nice if the mag gave forum members a similar deal.

It would indeed.

Has anyone from the 'Owners/Moderating Team' tried approaching them with a proposal?
B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic