Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRoad Angel Plus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2007 at 09:32
Originally posted by nickso nickso wrote:

Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

Originally posted by Aberdeenmark Aberdeenmark wrote:

Looking at the road angel spec, Its no use against the mobile cameras. One i have found is the Snooper S5-R radar and Laser Detector. I think i might give this one a go.

I got one of those about 4 years ago maybe more, they're absolutely useless against SPEC's. The older style reactive type detectors.

i have an S5R....it wont pick up camera vans....drove through 4 of them and it never buzzed once.

good for fixed cameras even if the detection is sometimes a little on the late side. not had the pleasure of being checked by a handheld laser/radar yet.

im maybe confused but i thought specs was the average speed thingys?

The vans use Number Plate Recognition like the SPECS cameras.

Mine has come up with laser a few times, if it does and your speeding it will be all over anyway, you will not be able to react fast enough.

Edited by Sporty1
Sponsored Links

AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2007 at 22:13
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

I recently dated a traffic cop (yes, she is a woman) and she informed me that in order to get a ticket, you must be doing 10mph plus 10% of the speed limit over the limit, this means 43MPH in a 30, 54 in a 40, 87 in a 70.

Well my brother is a traffic cop (in fact he trains them now) & he told me that (as far as Northumbria area is concerned) their guidelines state that they wouldn't bother to prosecute for less than 38mph in a 30mph limit. However, the cameras (fixed & mobile) seem to operate on a +10% + 1mph limit, ie. 34mph in a 30mph limit. This is indeed the govt guidelines but the police seem to give a little more leeway. Note that these limits can vary slightly from area to area.

As far as the Road Angel etc detectors are concerned, they are likely to be banned later this year. No great loss as by the time the detector picks up the beam you're already done, assuming it picks it up in the first place.

Better by far are the gps based units like the Talex & sat navs which pinpoint the camera positions. All potential mobile sites have to be registered ie. they aren't random so if you know where they are you can behave/be more alert.
AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2007 at 10:36
Originally posted by AndyS AndyS wrote:

Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

I recently dated a traffic cop (yes, she is a woman) and she informed me that in order to get a ticket, you must be doing 10mph plus 10% of the speed limit over the limit, this means 43MPH in a 30, 54 in a 40, 87 in a 70.

Note that these limits can vary slightly from area to area.

...And Police Officer to Police Officer, and Driver to driver........ im sure.

Originally posted by AndyS AndyS wrote:

As far as the Road Angel etc detectors are concerned, they are likely to be banned later this year. No great loss as by the time the detector picks up the beam you're already done, assuming it picks it up in the first place.

They looked at doing this afew years ago, in fact i was pulled over once and the Officer, not traffic, took particular interest in my Snooper. Nothing came of it, however, apart from this huffing and puffing.

Edited by Sporty1
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2007 at 11:44

I recon that the safest thing to do is not kick the ar5e out of it.

The 2 cops that gave me a ticket were actually quite nice blokes and as far as I was concerned, only doing their job. That is not to say that I was happy about it, I wasn't.

BeemaBoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2007 at 10:35

I want something that sends an over load signal to the cameras or lasers and fries all the electronics...

Start elimintating the cameras 1 by 1!!!

I know, I know... a little harsh... I found a solution...no one said it had to be pretty

BB

87 E30 320I
95 E34 525I Auto, Executive Package, Arctic Silver
98 E38 740I Steptronic, Silver
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2007 at 11:34
Originally posted by BeemaBoy BeemaBoy wrote:

I want something that sends an over load signal to the cameras or lasers and fries all the electronics...

Start elimintating the cameras 1 by 1!!!

I know, I know... a little harsh... I found a solution...no one said it had to be pretty

BB

The CAMERATOR!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic