FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAdvice on Tyres

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on Tyres
    Posted: 12-January-2007 at 21:15
I think it has a lot to do with the cars setup as well Del.

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

Sponsored Links

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2007 at 20:47
Originally posted by m3tiko m3tiko wrote:

Pirelli P-Zeros are the daddys but I'd say Michelin Sports are the mac daddy to them.

Just goes to show how different cars handle the tyres differently.... I had the Pirellis on mine when I bought it and hated them.
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2007 at 20:43
I would like to offer some advice....however it may be taken ambigiously. The thing is I like sideways action and no matter how good your rubber is....lots of it and they tear lol.

Toyo T1-R's are not bad.Goodyear F1's are better, Pirelli P-Zeros are the daddys but I'd say Michelin Sports are the mac daddy to them all.

P.S I have Conti's and admit they ain't half bad either.

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2007 at 13:44
GSD 3's for me too cracking tyre in all except mud n snow....
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Welshy View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2007 at 11:49
Hmm, well I've a bit of time before I'm back so I better get checking some prices, thanks for the opinions gents.
BMW 330 Ci
Dave E View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2007 at 09:24
I did a search a couple of years ago looking at performance on all aspects of the following :
Grip in dry conditions.
Braking in dry conditions.
Grip in wet conditions.
Braking in wet conditions.
Grip in snow.
Comfort.
Tyre noise (in car).
Tyre noise (external).
Tyre wear.
Costs.

The result was the Avon ZZ3 as I also took into consideration, though not of prime importance, Comfort, Tyre noise(in car) and Cost.

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2007 at 11:11
Yeah mate, although My M3 has GSD 2's and I find them just as good though
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2007 at 10:32

Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

Not sure what all the jargon is, but i would highly recommend Goodyear eagle F1's. I have theses on all my cars and the grip in both wet and dry is second to none.

If you mean the GSD 3's I'll second that.

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2007 at 10:28
Not sure what all the jargon is, but i would highly recommend Goodyear eagle F1's. I have theses on all my cars and the grip in both wet and dry is second to none.

We ran these on the traffic cars when I was in the dept and saved my bacon a few times and very scary speeds
mick o c View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick o c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2007 at 18:26
http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html have a look here i think everything you need to know should be here, hope this helps
mick
2001 530d steptronic
Welshy View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2007 at 16:11

Looking for some information on tyres as the topic suggests.

I'll be coming back from Austria at the end of the month and want to get the 19's back on the car shortly after.  I've had conti's on the front and blown 2 of them so far, with both still having about 6mm of tread at the time so this is an expensive business!

What I want to know is about the speed and load ratings, for instance why is 'ZR' over 149mph and 'W' is 167mph and which would I choose? Same with load ratings like 91Y or whatever, if anyone can put it into plain English and recommend some decent and good value tyres I'd appreciate it.

BMW 330 Ci
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic