FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30s: 318 vs 323 and 325

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2003 at 18:47
Originally posted by dbanbery dbanbery wrote:

i am 19 nearly 20 and it cost me 1550 TPFT (the cheapest i could get) for my c reg 318i valued at £900 (its probably could get £1000 for it since its completely original with FSH (BMW up to 1999), good alloys, leather, aircon, new tyres new battery with a small amount of rust (cosmetic). the engine is mint with no smoke at all, and the drive train is mint too.... (apart from needing some new axle bushes i think.... slight knock when i lift my foot off clutch when i change gear, and its pretty simple if i have the tools yeah?) anyway, i have only seen a handful of e30s looking better than mine since ive had it (bear in mind i havent been to any shows)

id rather have bettr mpg than better sound..... mine sounds better than a normal 4 pot simply because its a BMW, and thats the old M10 engine!!

proper bo i tell thee

I'm sure the 318is is a great car, I'm just in love with my 320i at the moment.

Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2003 at 22:20
Originally posted by Santos.L.Helper Santos.L.Helper wrote:

The 2 seater Minardis at Rockingham recently were exellent The noise alone was better (and louder)than 20 odd ASCAR racers!

Yep, I'm sure they were. Had to miss that meeting as was on holiday (had to keep SWMBO happy!), otherwise I would have been running the ASCAR Pits.
Sorry I missed it, as last year at Donington was superb - better than the previous year because a certain Mr N M, wasn't there to crash them!!

Oh, p.s. my E30 325iSE is STILL up for grabs - come to Donington on the 26th, first to see WILL buy!!
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
David S Banbery [L/20973]

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2003 at 18:22
fair commnet dannywig... ive only had mine 2 months and the novelty of sitting in it and saying "its allllll mine" is still a novelty
falkster View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2003 at 21:50

fair commnet dannywig... ive only had mine 2 months and the novelty of sitting in it and saying "its allllll mine" is still a novelty

When I get my M3 minted then I will give you the knod and take ya for a spin if you like. Dont really want it in Asda car park though.

Chris

dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2003 at 23:02
yeh yeh cool..... i posted similar words in the other thread..... nice one mate... u gotta see my e30, it aint minted yet but im working on it.... old bmw = good investment... is it true that you can get an e30 m3 in RHD, a limited edition? if not does it detract from the value converting it? is it really worth it?
Mark R View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Wimborne, Dorset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2003 at 07:59

yeh yeh cool..... i posted similar words in the other thread..... nice one mate... u gotta see my e30, it aint minted yet but im working on it.... old bmw = good investment... is it true that you can get an e30 m3 in RHD, a limited edition? if not does it detract from the value converting it? is it really worth it?

You could get the E30 M3 in RHD form, mostly they were converted by Birds (The place, not the tottie). I'm no M3 guru, but from what other people say the handling is effected by the conversion beacause of the extanded brake linkages and the different steering rack used. The LHD has something like 3.2 turns lock to lock, the RHD varients used the 325 rack which gives approx 4.0 turns lock to lock.

Get a LHD, stops the misses from driving it
Mark Roberts
E30 318iS

Wessex Region Secretary
E30 Registrar & committee member

Someone left a note on my windscreen. It read 'Parking Fine' that was nice
Eamo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2003 at 09:53

I test drove an e30 rhd that had been converted by Birds and compared against the lhd the steering is a lot slower which is why I bought a lhd one. A lot slower you say? How can that be? Its impossible to describe what I mean but if you drove the 2 you would notice a huge difference. The beaut about the e30 m3 is that you can steer it around a corner without having to slow down or feel as if the car is on a razors edge with the arse of it feeling as if its about to go t*ts up!
Eamo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2003 at 09:54
Danny

go for the 323 - savage amount of torque and the sound of the six pots!
dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2003 at 15:08
yeh i think i will..... unless i cant afford to even change mine next year... ill be looking to sell mine for over a grand hopefully.... i just need to finish tidying it up
dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2003 at 15:11

did they do a special e30 m3 rack then? isnt the e36 rack the same? i know the lower front legs on mine are the same on the 34, and the 36, so it wouldnt suprise me if the e36 m3 RHD rack fitted bosh straight in...? although isnt the e36 wider? enighten me i think im a bit outta my depth

dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2003 at 15:13
the missus cant drive
falkster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2003 at 22:54

did they do a special e30 m3 rack then? isnt the e36 rack the same? i know the lower front legs on mine are the same on the 34, and the 36, so it wouldnt suprise me if the e36 m3 RHD rack fitted bosh straight in...? although isnt the e36 wider? enighten me i think im a bit outta my depth

No it doesnt fit. The best rack to fit is a 325 sport but as decribed earlier its not as good and takes away the feel of driving. The only way to drive M3 is LHD. You can get used to it within a couple of drives. Ive had a Golf Rallye and that also was great.

Dont even consider an E36 M3, they are just high powered executive cars. An M3 E30 is a racing car.

You see when I take you out in mine!!!

Chris

dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2003 at 13:19
wasnt thinkin of ever buying one, theyre too run of the mill and blend too well..... while others think thats a good thing its easy for some fool to stick an m3 badge on a 325 or 328 etc and it look too authentic..... that sucks.. the e30 m3 is the don, and i know that without being in one since ive read up! (that doesnt mean i dont want you to show me what it REALLY does!)
paul325i View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2003 at 14:53
The E36 is still a capable car, alot of people dismiss it because its larger and heavier but it can hold its own against alot of top cars.  The E30 M3 is the true sports car as falkster says, but i wouldn't want to run one as an everyday car, to much of a classic to waste, plus they are minging to drive round town.

Visit My BMW
Got an E30? Visit The E30 Zone
falkster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2003 at 21:27

Originally posted by paul325i paul325i wrote:

The E36 is still a capable car, alot of people dismiss it because its larger and heavier but it can hold its own against alot of top cars.  The E30 M3 is the true sports car as falkster says, but i wouldn't want to run one as an everyday car, to much of a classic to waste, plus they are minging to drive round town.

Dont agree. They are very good to drive everyday. The value is not going to drop so the comment being too much of a classic to waste is not correct. I bet ya in 5 years time when mine has another 20k on the clock its still gonna be worth more than a E36 M3 on a T plate.

dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2003 at 01:29
only ever seen 2 e30 m3s in real life.... seen 100s of e36 m3s and 1000s of e46 m3s.... im actually put off by the e46 m3 cos theyre soo common..... too many people with too much money....... dammit gimme some
falkster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2003 at 10:21

A friend of mine has an E46 M3 and another with SMG. Great cars, very fast but not a drivers car. You can tame your driving down to suit conditions in an E30 but because of all the electrical crap on E46 (and others) you cant get to see what the car REALLY does.

Chris

dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2003 at 15:27
like most new cars........
paul325i View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2003 at 17:20
Originally posted by falkster falkster wrote:

Originally posted by paul325i paul325i wrote:

Dont agree. They are very good to drive everyday. The value is not going to drop so the comment being too much of a classic to waste is not correct. I bet ya in 5 years time when mine has another 20k on the clock its still gonna be worth more than a E36 M3 on a T plate.

It is a waste really though, running one everyday it will get dented, worn, and with very high mileage the E30 M3 is worth peanuts.  You are probably right about it being worth more than an E36 in 5 years but thats because its rarer not because its just better, the E30 has a cult status whereas the E36 is more of an M3 for everybody, and the E46 even more so (except price wise).

Visit My BMW
Got an E30? Visit The E30 Zone
dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2003 at 18:19
paul just loves his 325!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic