Forum Home Forum Home > Website Forum > Website Announcements & Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAn observation of the site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2007 at 19:09
Good 'ol Nigel -
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Sponsored Links

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2007 at 19:23
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

or is that goes on ? lol lol lol lol, pleasure Shorty, as always

See what happens when i get worked up ........ i forget to use the spell check !!!!!

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2007 at 19:25

Thats capital i Shorty as in I lol lol lol lol

(he'll be after me at Gaydon)

Best Wishes

Nigel

robmw750 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robmw750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2007 at 20:31
I think the mods are doing a great job and I have been known to complain about everything !

Keep up the good work its much appreciated

Regards

Rob
Robert Born
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2007 at 22:02

Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

I think there should be a dictionary of regularly used abrev. somewhere.  Not everyone, particularly us older folk, know whats being said.

see here..

Forum Abbreviations

[back on topic]

Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 10:37
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

I think there should be a dictionary of regularly used abrev. somewhere.  Not everyone, particularly us older folk, know whats being said.

see here..

Forum Abbreviations

[back on topic]

Thank you

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 10:48

I pointed out over two years ago that "text" phone abbreviations were being use here way to much & got "shot down in flames "  !!! & told to "Drag myself into the 21st Century" ( i use text slang on my phone myself simply for speed )

It is a forum that we all share & if you have a point to make it should be clear to all not only those of us that have "Dragged our selfs into the 21st Century " 

What did ever happen to Mel

Edited by Pete330
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 12:19
Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

I pointed out over two years ago that "text" phone abbreviations were being use here way to much & got "shot down in flames "  !!! & told to "Drag myself into the 21st Century" ( i use text slang on my phone myself simply for speed )

It is a forum that we all share & if you have a point to make it should be clear to all not only those of us that have "Dragged our selfs into the 21st Century " 

What did ever happen to Mel

Broke a thumb nail & couldn't text anymore !!  

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 12:44

Thats capital i Shorty as in I lol lol lol lol

(he'll be after me at Gaydon)

Nigel , I have been looking at "Yell.com" under "H" for "Hitman" in the Gaydon area , price was agreed , fee payed by "Paypal" , if you could be so kind as to mail me a photo of yourself , just so as he knows who you are . Oh ! and don't stand to close to any friends at Gaydon as he is a bit  short sighted ( well what do expect for 20.00 ??) so he  uses a machine gun    

The strange thing is your friends have clubed together & sent me 15.00 of the fee !!!

Edited by shorty
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 13:32
I'll gladly provide the balance!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 15:59

For what its worth, as someone who runs a Forum and has taken part in god knows how many over the years as a user.....

This place is moderated well.  Balanced, interactive and not heavy handed.  All too often Moderators sit in the background and don't contribute at all, just waiting to pounce on users.  Thats not what they do on here.

I think they've got it right.

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 16:31
Originally posted by shorty shorty wrote:

Nigel , I have been looking at "Yell.com" under "H" for "Hitman" in the Gaydon area , price was agreed , fee paId by "Paypal" , if you could be so kind as to mail me a photo of yourself , just so as he knows who you are . Oh ! and don't stand to close to any friends at Gaydon as he is a bit  short sighted ( well what do expect for 20.00 ??) so he  using a machine gun    

The strange thing is your friends have clubbed together & sent me 15.00 of the fee !!!

My contribution is in the post Shorty
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 19:40

Thanks for the whip-round ...friends

I've no idea what has happened to Mell, I used to exchange the odd phonecall and/or text with her, but I haven't heard from her for ages now.

Shorty, tell the hitman to go for the short fat bald one hanging around the scottish stand without a kilt..........he might get wendy by mistake

Best Wishes

Nigel

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 21:07
Wasn't there one or two fellas on here annoying her?
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 21:30

Yes there were K, as far as I know I wasn't one of them lol, but I've still lost contact with her.

She may of course have changed her mobile etc, I wasn't on her christmas card list or anything..........unfortunately

Best Wishes

Nigel

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 22:40

Yes there were K, as far as I know I wasn't one of them lol, but I've still lost contact with her.

She may of course have changed her mobile etc, I wasn't on her christmas card list or anything..........unfortunately

You DIRTY, DIRTY , OLD MAN  ( said in a Steptoe & son styleeee !!)

Edited by shorty
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 22:48

Thanks for the whip-round ...friends

I've no idea what has happened to Mell, I used to exchange the odd phonecall and/or text with her, but I haven't heard from her for ages now.

Shorty, tell the hitman to go for the short fat bald one hanging around the scottish stand without a kilt..........he might get wendy by mistake

Nigel you forget he is short sighted matey ........ he just shoots the first thing he can see moving ..... I can see the headlines now " Hit man trys to kill "IOAM" instructor .... may be a disgruntled pupil ? "

Edited by shorty
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 23:01
Strewth Shorty....its IAM, aren't you glad you brought this up
Best Wishes

Nigel

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 23:53

Strewth Shorty....its IAM, aren't you glad you brought this up

The "Hit man " has called me up Nigel & has read your posts & has decided to do it for FREE !!!  

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2007 at 00:33

I wonder how many times he re-read that post before clicking the "post reply" button ?

Best Wishes

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic