Forum LockedSupermarket Petrol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supermarket Petrol
    Posted: 08-March-2007 at 00:02
I run Dxi on LPG at 46p per litre. Never been contaminated yet.
H
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 22:19

Originally posted by Misty Morning Misty Morning wrote:

If you are brave enough or daft enough as the case maybe, you get 3p off every whole ltr of fuel purchased.Not just the first one

There's nothing wrong with the Tesco fuel round here - in fact their 100 octane is the best  

(discuss...)

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Misty Morning View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misty Morning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 17:48
If you are brave enough or daft enough as the case maybe, you get 3p off every whole ltr of fuel purchased.Not just the first one
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 16:33
Maybe "3p off a litre" means that just one litre you buy is 3p cheaper - the rest are all full price 
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misty Morning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 15:14
Just been in Tesco and got a "3p off a litre of petrol" coupon, do you think they are trying to woo people back?
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 09:02
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

O/T slightly - has anyone else noticed how other petrol stations have put up their prices whilst people are too 'scared' to go to the supermarkets??

Yes

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2007 at 22:30

O/T slightly - has anyone else noticed how other petrol stations have put up their prices whilst people are too 'scared' to go to the supermarkets??

Local to my works - nowhere near a problem station - had unleaded at 86.9 one day and 92.9 the next !!!!!!

So I went to Tesco's and filled up at 84.5!

But don't care.
DSK328i View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSK328i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 23:16

A lot of the Volvo enthusiasts use Tesco's 99ron super unleaded petrol.  They seem happy with it.  Not heard of any complaints about it since this contamination issue started.

Is it only the normal Unleaded that was affected or the Super U/L as well at the forecourts in the South East?

I only use Shell V-Power (makes a psoitive difference and worth the extra money) and if I can't get it, then reluctantly BP's normal unleaded, hate having to use anything else.

Let The Good Times Roll
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 21:18
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

Girl in my office had her car in the garage with a poor running problem.  I told her that it was just becasue it was a Renault and nothing to do with dodgy fuel but she says her boyfirend filled up at Morrisons in Cumbernauld which was on the BBC map.  T'was about the only affected garage in central Scotland.

I have heard before (and from a Grangemout employee!) that all petrol in Scotland comes from Grangemouth, but how do you account for the two times in two different cars when I have used supermarket guff, I have had problems? 

Andrew

In the South East of England 1,000s of motorists have, if I recall correctly, been contaminated by just 75 petrol outlets (40 Tesco and 35 Morrison’s, I think).

I also think given there are only 2 duff cars, one being a French car, from the Grangemouth area suggests there is something other than a petrol problem.

As I said before Grangemouth supplies virtually all the petrol and aviation fuel for Scotland and the luckier parts of northern England

Why would the profiteering people at Morrison’s move a tanker 800+ miles, at huge expense, to one or two garages in Scotland - passing goodness knows how many refineries on the way?

Edited by Jack735
Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 15:39
Never had a problem with supermarket fuel. But then I only use LRP....

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 14:13
Well I've never had any trouble with supermarket petrol. Other than this high profile inccident I don't think it is any better or worse than any other branded fuel. Obviously Shell V-power is better as should BP utlimate be, although I' ve never been impressed with an BP fuel, not least because it is expensive.
Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 13:22

Girl in my office had her car in the garage with a poor running problem.  I told her that it was just becasue it was a Renault and nothing to do with dodgy fuel but she says her boyfirend filled up at Morrisons in Cumbernauld which was on the BBC map.  T'was about the only affected garage in central Scotland.

I have heard before (and from a Grangemout employee!) that all petrol in Scotland comes from Grangemouth, but how do you account for the two times in two different cars when I have used supermarket guff, I have had problems? 

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misty Morning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2007 at 10:57

That's a relief York doesn't appear to be on that map.

What was that?....... I wouldn't notice in my car anyway.

Had to get that in first before you lot.

Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2007 at 07:52

Dont go to supermarkets for fuel these days

i use shells v max once u get used to the unusual fragrance fishy/rotten eggs its good stuff a wee bit harder on the wallet but worth it gives car better all round performance

If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2007 at 01:33

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

I don't think we'll have the same problem in Scotland.  As far as I'm aware virtually all the petrol (and aviation fuel) sold in Scotland originates from Grangemouth.
The BBC news website has a location map.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6407447.stm
Scotland (and strangely Northern Ireland) seem to have suffered from it.

Chancers with lesser cars

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2007 at 22:51
Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

I don't think we'll have the same problem in Scotland.  As far as I'm aware virtually all the petrol (and aviation fuel) sold in Scotland originates from Grangemouth.
The BBC news website has a location map.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6407447.stm
Scotland (and strangely Northern Ireland) seem to have suffered from it.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2007 at 22:09
Originally posted by chazzer chazzer wrote:

only seems to effect 'newer' cars - with oxygen sensor?see! told you there was a reason to drive a classic!
my classic has two of the bloody things.......
where's the classic then?

Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. 2003 Smart Brabus 4-2 Full leather electric everything!!

well soon to be "classic" then they started making them in 1988 dont you know.....

OK - close enough

But don't care.
chazzer View Drop Down
V8 Baby !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2007 at 21:40

only seems to effect 'newer' cars - with oxygen sensor?see! told you there was a reason to drive a classic!

Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. 2003 Smart Brabus 4-2 Full leather electric everything!! Previous: 1991 BMW E34 520I Manual(non-vanos) 185K with full leather. 1990 BMW E34 525I Auto 113k in sterling silver
& 1993 BMW E34 520I SE in dimond black

well soon to be "classic" then they started making them in 1988 dont you know.....
Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. Previous: 1991 BMW E34 520I Manual(non-vanos) 185K with full leather. 1990 BMW E34 525I Auto 113k in sterling silver
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2007 at 21:13
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2007 at 21:08

Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. 2003 Smart Brabus 4-2 Full leather electric everything!! Previous: 1991 BMW E34 520I Manual(non-vanos) 185K with full leather. 1990 BMW E34 525I Auto 113k in sterling silver

But don't care.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic