Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtodays meet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: todays meet
    Posted: 04-March-2007 at 16:36
made it home in 1 piece (atrocious rain on M8) , another good turnout with more new faces and the same old ones.
quite funny to see the the waitresses face when we asked for table for 20+, eventually we were all seated but getting fed took a while longer.
car park was bursting at the seams and it looked like some passed through but never stopped and came in to say hello.
after being fed and watered we ventured into the cold and wet car park, too cold and miserable to stand about so being the wimp I bailed out early but not before admiring Rorys new toy, stunning and in the perfect colour too. I'm sure there'll be pics up soon and of course Issys new baby very nice indeed and it'll look even better once Cambell gets you new wheels

I'm away now to stick my head in the fridge see you all next month

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrą mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Sponsored Links

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 16:52

First meet i have missed in ages

Got up this morning at 0800 feeling fresh after last nights 60th party,but then i had a dodgy stomach,so though i would give it a miss

Look forward to seeing some pics

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 17:25

Hi, just home, had a blast. It was a pity about the weather but nonetheless some lovely cars as usual.

My fave today had to be the E39 Alpina. Great colour but then again........I am biased.

Rorys new beast is a stormer too, I also like the colour but did see a black ragtop in South Queensferry High Street with an 07 plate

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 17:28
Rory only bought it because it is the first car he could see over the roof of.
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 17:38

Good to meet and chat today with some new faces and others i've seen but haven't managed to chat to yet.

Only got 2 pics due to the miserable and freezing weather.

Very nice Rory, lovin' the new car. Bet you can't wait to have that baby run in soon.  Congrats!

Edited by bluebro

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 17:45
Good day good to see 1 and all and some new faces. 1 bad point the bleeding cold weather
If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 17:54

Another good turnout for the monthly meet - I counted 25 cars - even though the weather was dreich.
F&B's didn't know what hit them

Would have liked to have gone somewhere for a group photo but I don't think we would have got a good one due again to the weather.

You've seen all the regular's cars, so below is some of the newbie's cars and new cars.

stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 18:09
is that fluffniks b10 v8 or is there a new alpina on the scene?

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 18:12
Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

is that fluffniks b10 v8 or is there a new alpina on the scene?

you can breath again stephen they're not becoming too common it is Fluffs
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrą mai tedesco di nuovo haha
stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 19:11

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailorbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 23:07

Good to see you again, sorry if I never popped over to say hello, was a wee bitty rushed but thought I would nip in nonetheless, sorry if I appeared rude.

Made it home safely on my part worn tyres that Michellin charged me £950 for!  Some craic when they're warm though!

Loving the way the CC is growing and long may it last, moan the Gaydon  Mr Morgan eh? Can't wait!!!

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
gav m coupe View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gav m coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 23:21
good to see you all again, roll on next month, lets hope the weather improves.

Edited by gav m coupe
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 23:52
Good turnout...and nice to see new additions to the madhouse.

Some great machines as always....Rorys new ZM and Issys 323 coup nice ones

After leaving the meet...Graham and I hooked up with Shyam(330 cab),headed off into city to get a couple of stiff ones as the subzero temp caused many a malfunction.

Look forward to the next meet. Hopefully us west coasters will have better weather then.

Tiko

Edited by m3tiko

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 08:12
Good to see it went well troops. Have to admit to having had a sneak preview of Rory's chariot What a machine and looking lovely with the extended Nappa leather in there. Even capping it at 5k revs it flies! Has a lovely CSL-esqu growl too from inside. Feels like 100bhp more than my car rather than a paltry 48

Would be good if one of you could get words and a pic or two for the mag to me? If I get them today, they might even sneak in to April's edition...
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 08:39

Well guys was a good meet once again, Food was gr8, seen some new faces and the usuall ones too!! As usuall a nice gathering of M3's, Z3M Coupe and Z4M coupe, Alpina B10 V8 and M5,2 Z3's, 2 New E90 saloons, Plenty of E46 And E36 and E38's and E30's. 

Shame about the rain and wind tho, made a bit of a dissapointment but a gr8 meet nonetheless!! But the best bit was the look of the F&B's staff when we all walked in!!

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Gradon View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gradon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 09:06
hi guys,,and girls..(you know who you are), just like to say iv got the cold now...superb day yesterday with great turn out of cars, shame bout the weather...catch you all at newhouse..if i ever get over this cold!!.
ally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 13:58
Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

First meet i have missed in ages

Got up this morning at 0800 feeling fresh after last nights 60th party,but then i had a dodgy stomach,so though i would give it a miss

Look forward to seeing some pics

You never told us it was your birthday Pete, i must say, you look younger 

E39 530i Sport Aegean Blue Edition
Saab 9-5T SE Estate
E36 318i loon...sold
E36 323i coupe...sold

alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 21:19
Looked like a good day apart from the rain. Nice photos! Maybe i'll get to one someday! after uni is over...

Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 21:31

Good to be there   at least I found the place this time

Take care John.

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
mramage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2007 at 22:27

Had great time, nice to meet up with like minded folk. Will definitely try to make the next one, drop me a pm on any drives being arranged also please.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic