FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDyno day anyone??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 21:04
I will sign up! But needs to be around May as my car is still in bits right now.
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
Sponsored Links

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2007 at 18:54

Hello everyone,

My new dyno is being installed over the next couple of weeks and I thought about christening it with an MPower or BMW dyno day.

I can run it on virtually anyday possible but maybe better for yourselves to hold it on a day where there is racing going on at the race circuit situated in our back garden. We are at Castle Combe.

Depending on what you want measured, ie AFR's, injector duty cycle, inlet manifold pressure or vacuum, EGT, etc, etc, etc, a power run will cost between £30 and £50. Either way power and torque graphs are given to you atleast and you will get two runs for £30. The extra would be for connecting everything else up. But unless you have a turbo car I cannot imagine you would want anything more than just AFR, manifold pressure and maybe injector duty cycle sensors fitted. These measurements can be printed on the power graph too and are measured live all in one run. So a direct comparison between say AFR's and power can be very usefull.

You could take 1 run, make a change and run up again later in the day?

The cooling fan really does simulate road conditions too. It can produce wind at the front of the car of upto 100MPH. So moving the inlet trunking on the front of your car after the 1st run coupled with having AFR's and inlet pressure measured could prove interesting and provide usefull data for one thing. (Good for mapping a car for gaining a higher top speed??)

I am also thinking of a burger van to be on site too, but this could be a waste if this day is going to be held on a track/race day??

Anyones input and interest would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic