Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDyno day anyone??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2007 at 20:10
Cheers,
Um, I wasn`t aware of that one being taken. I would of smiled and posed for the camera otherwise
Sponsored Links

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2007 at 21:52
Originally posted by SHEPSM3 SHEPSM3 wrote:

Ok, just figured this out, the correction factors were entirely different and last Saturday was a much hotter day than it was when I had my car mapped at Gerry's. Also the cooling fan is inside our dyno room at the moment, not outside, so the air being not as cold as it could have been. I was sweating Saturday whereas at Gerrys during the mapping of my car, it was nearly midnight and we were shivering.

Warmer air, less power measurements at the wheels which is corrected by the dyno with transmission losses measured and calculated during the coastdown giving the same flywheel power figure.

This dyno is spot on. Loving it!

Spoken to Gerry about this too who said our dyno is still "green" and tight. The power at the wheels will read lower for a while but the flywheel will remain the same. As everything beds in the wheel power will rise a little too.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic