Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The ’get to Nurburgring in €1,000 car idea’ thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe ’get to Nurburgring in €1,000 car idea’ thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick525i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 11:15

The scumball rally.

http://www.scumball3000.co.uk/

Mick

Cheers
Mick

BMW E21 318 1980
BMW E39 525i 2002 MTech
VW Golf Gti 2003
Sponsored Links

///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 11:24
Originally posted by Daveco Daveco wrote:

Originally posted by ///M3Mick ///M3Mick wrote:

Lads

The one great flaw in the plan, and it is a cunning plan dont get me wrong, is that once you actually get to the ring, any of you that have a fast powerful car at home are gonna be killing yourselves that you don't have it with you.  Because stepping into the car park at the ring is like a kind of drug......you WILL want to go on the track and as fast as possible.

Maybe, you should have a challenge to see who could do a sub 11 minute lap in your banger or something (although Im sure people will go on a about encouraging racing etc etc)

Mick

You can pick up an old BM for little or no money, and if you decide to go for a 530 or 535 they wouldn't be exactly slow, you could still enjoy the ring without killing yourself or spending a fortune. The fact that you could chip in with a few others means the whole experience might only set you back €200-300.For me and the majority of others who have limited ring experience, to go on a completely unforgiving course in a very powerful motor could spell disaster. That's not to say anyone else who wants to go along in their own motors can't join the convoy.
This is a cheap alternative, knowing that if your €500 motor does fail on you, it's not the end of the world. You also raise money for charity, have a laugh, and drive on the best track in the world, whilst taking in the scenery. If we get a few more interested we can start organising this properly. Arrange a time and place to meet up to go over it and plan the ins and outs of the trip.
Come on lads, opportunity of a life time!

Dave

Don't get me wrong, if you organise this IM THERE DUDE!!  Kin and I had great fun in a little convoy of two just getting there.  I can only imagine the craic with a number of cars.  Its just that if it is like any of the top gear challenges, the cars bought for like €500 always seem to break down and stuff but again, thats part of it I suppose.

Mick

m3sport View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 11:45
Ok guys i think the next step is to throw a date out there and see the response.  I have found a nice 735 on autotrader for £400 and it looks good, and come on, that will go around the track nicely if it doesnt breakdown or blow up. Im also going to arrange a 1 way flight home, as ive never driven on a track before and will prob end up in the ditch. Or bum a lift back with someone. Major plus of not driving your own M is your not going to cry if something does go wrong on the track. Hopefully it wont dough so i can make a bit for charity on resale. Even if i cant sell it after, i will still donate from my own pocket, or create a sponsor card. As i said, throw a few dates out there and see how ppl are fixed. Also some costing would need to be done ie ferries and accomodation and track day etc. I will help where i can so just give the nod.......
I miss my m3.......
Oisin View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 11:59
End of March 29th one month....to get organised!!!
2006 VW Passat 1.9tdi
1995 E34 520i(M5)Sold.New classic required
Previous: 2004 Santa fee commercial - 2001 Saab 9-5 3.0,Tid - 1997 E39 525tds

Oisin View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 12:13
2006 VW Passat 1.9tdi
1995 E34 520i(M5)Sold.New classic required
Previous: 2004 Santa fee commercial - 2001 Saab 9-5 3.0,Tid - 1997 E39 525tds

dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 12:43
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Daveco View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 13:54
€990 - driver training-
€500 - Dublin to Holyhead(depends on when you book)
€600 (2 x €300) - 2 nights stay in London, to and from Germany (depends on where you stay)
€170 - Folkstone to Calais (depends on when you book)
€700 - Petrol (depends on what car you drive)
€200 (4 x €50) - 4 nights stay in Germany (depends on where you stay)
€1000 - Spending money, entertainment...

Okay subtract the driver training, get cheaper boat and book in advance, drive straight to folkstone, staying one night in UK, not that much on petrol! Stay in Germany, spending money, split it 3,4 ways with passengers...€300-500 per person including spending money but not the purchase of the car.

I think once we have a good few numbers we can meet up to discuss it, and plan it properly, running through all the potential situations and the best time to go. So who's up for it?

past-01 318ci auto, '01 318ci
present-'04 325ci sport
future-no house and a 5 car garage
m3sport View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 14:01
Yeah im up for a meet, would be much easier to discuss it then. let me know when......
I miss my m3.......
gstonesE4620i View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gstonesE4620i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2007 at 15:42

i want in but what are the real ligistics going to be. the ssia needs a home and its this or a Mini covertion.

think march is somewhat soon 

Edited by gstonesE4620i
what do you mean it was unexpected, you should have expected it!
Daveco View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2007 at 16:10
Good stuff, so that's atleast 5 of us so far-Once we have a few more we'll organise the meet properly.

COME ON LADS, TRIP OF A LIFE TIME!! 
present-'04 325ci sport
denishogan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
What’s this title thing about then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denishogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2007 at 19:28
Sounds like a mental idea - I like it.

If ye decide to push the date back (a lot) - I would be interested in joining ye at the end of Summer. 
jrafferty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrafferty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2007 at 19:03

i might be able to help someone here.i have a 1990 7351,one owner from new looks grand,clean,comfortable and above all will make the journey and the track time no problem.i have it in the buy and sell for €1750 but i will let it go for €1000 providing i get video footage and some pics. NOTE:I WILL ONLY LET IT GO FOR THIS PRICE IF IT IS GENUINLY GOING TO THE NURBURGRING:..please no chancers..

you can call me on 086-8886970 if interested.

bmw 323i tc baur(1985)bmw635csi man/lsd(1980)
Daveco View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2007 at 08:42
Folks, was talking to Alan from AC car sales over the weekend and he said he'd be up for it also so that's another one 'possibly' on board. I think we have enough numbers to go through the trip in greater detail. I've got 2 mates on board also so that's atleast 7 or 8 of us. Suggestions on where to meet?

Edited by Daveco
present-'04 325ci sport
gstonesE4620i View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gstonesE4620i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2007 at 14:34
any up date on this ?
what do you mean it was unexpected, you should have expected it!
Daveco View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 16:10
Lads I'll need a show of hands to organise the meet. Put your suggestions forward and we'll see what the others think. Red Cow hotel on Sunday April 1st 1pm? 
present-'04 325ci sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic