Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Alpina, AC Schnitzer, Breyton, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedac schnitzer - split rim tool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogs 320i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ac schnitzer - split rim tool
    Posted: 07-March-2007 at 22:05
can antone tell me where i can get hold of the tool that takes off the bolts on split rims.a socket fits the bbs wheels but i cant find anything to fit the ac scnitzers
Sponsored Links

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 22:17
Are they not Allen Keys?
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
gogs 320i View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogs 320i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2007 at 22:27
no the front looks like an alan key but its not, the back has got 10 splines. the bbs ones have got 12 splines and you can get these with a splined socket,but i cant get anything to fit the acs
coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2007 at 08:30

I hate to ask, but are they genuine split rims? If they are replicas the studs dont screw out, they are apparently splined.

gogs 320i View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogs 320i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2007 at 21:34

they have ac schnitzer stamped on the inside so i take it they are the real mcoys.

the wheels are damaged so i was going to take the studs out because one of my bbs wheels has no studs (unless anyone has a setof bbs ones)

Edited by thepits
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2007 at 09:39

One of my BBS RS's is leaking from the rim, so going to have to get round to refurbing the lot, something Ive been putting off for quite a long time, here's some places that I have found that sells the studs and bolts required.

I haven't brought any yet so cannot advise on quality, although The Polisher sells stainless steel studs at reasonable money which should not lose their finish as quickly as chromed ones, but will not 'bling' as much.

The BBS's take 8mm bi-hex [12point] socket on the front and 10mm on the back

http://the-polisher.tripod.com/index.html

http://www.titanium-touch.de/

http://search.ebay.co.uk/bbs-bolts_W0QQfromZR8QQssPageNameZR C0023

HTH

[No connection to any of the above]

Edited by Sporty1

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
Allan320 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Obsessive Detailer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2007 at 11:45

http://the-polisher.tripod.com/index.html

This guy is scottish and glasgow based im sure.

gogs 320i View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogs 320i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2007 at 19:40
cheers guys il give them a try
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2007 at 09:05
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
gogs 320i View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogs 320i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2007 at 20:28

no they are torx if you look at the sockets they only have 6 splines

i just robbed the bolts of a bbs wheel that was buckled will just bin the acs

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic