Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE36 roll/pull fenders for 10Jx17" wheels?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Genius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E36 roll/pull fenders for 10Jx17" wheels?
    Posted: 14-March-2007 at 03:21
Hello guys.
I am buying a new set of wheels and it is very hard for me to find proper spec wheels for my E36. So finally I found a nice set of RH ZW1 or ZW3 wheels, but I know it is going to be very very hard to fit them, but I've seen people doing it.
Specs are:
RH ZW3 9x17 front ET22 215/45/17 Dunlop SP9000
RH ZW3 10x17 rear ET10 235/40/17 Dunlop SP9000

or use another ones:
RH ZW1 9Jx17 front ET27 215/45/17 Dunlop SP9000
RH ZW1 10Jx17 rear ET15 235/40/17 Dunlop SP9000

Question:
Where can I find body shop to do all necessary fender work to stretch those wheels in?

Appreciate for your help.
Cheers.
Sponsored Links

73touring View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73touring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2007 at 19:04
Why?, dont see why you would want to destroy the handlng charteristics of a BM
DJ Genius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Genius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2007 at 20:36

Oh, come on, I am not track driving, so I wouldn't even feel a loss of handling on the Irish street.
It looks good and I like it. So, where could I roll my fenders for about 20mm?

Edited by DJ Genius
Kin Mak View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2007 at 22:01
Just don't be cheap and buy tyres too small for the rims. I hate that look of tyres streched to fit a rim. Looks like you bought the wheel and could not afford tyres.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2007 at 22:07

Originally posted by Kin Mak Kin Mak wrote:

I hate that look of tyres stretched to fit a rim. Looks like you bought the wheel and could not afford tyres.

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
DJ Genius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Genius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2007 at 02:50

They are streched to fit easier, not because guys didn't have any money left
I am thinking about 9Jx17 rim + 235/40/17 tyre. It is not so wide, not so sticking out, and tyre is not so low profile, cause roads in Ireland are horrible compared for the fees we pay for Road Tax...

The main reason I'm looking at these wheels is big lip, I like deep wheels and the ones for bimmer with proper offset are very expensive, they all go up to 2000 euros!

Edited by DJ Genius
m3sport View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2007 at 08:30

Ah man i cant see why anyone would want to not keep a bm original. im not saying you shouldnt, each to their own but just not for me! You will attract major attention from the An Garda with those arches and wheels, althought i do think it looks well (in a non bmw way) The saloon in the pic above looks sweet

I miss my m3.......
DJ Genius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Genius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2007 at 09:16
Originally posted by m3sport m3sport wrote:

Ah man i cant see why anyone would want to not keep a bm original. im not saying you shouldnt, each to their own but just not for me! You will attract major attention from the An Garda with those arches and wheels, althought i do think it looks well (in a non bmw way) The saloon in the pic above looks sweet

WoW, what about An Garda? Are they going to stop me more often just because of wheels???
So what about wide body then? It is going to be similar, just home made wide body
T.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2007 at 09:21

Go for it - tis your car and the Eurostyle look can be very cool.

The ride will suffer though - stretching the 235s across a 10" rim will reduce the effective profile of the tyre a good bit.

I can't name anyone off the top of my head to do the work, but a mate of mine used do 1-off bodykits etc and was always rolling arches for people. There's a tool he had for it if I recall... any decent body repair crowd should be able to do it handy enough and for not alot of money. Hope that helps, and best of luck with it.

Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
DJ Genius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Genius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2007 at 09:30
Thanks TJ for a support
I going to install 235 tyre on 9J rim, so it won't be so stretch, I've changed my mind when I read that it is going to reduce profile noticibly
Can you ask around and find out about that mate? Is he still in business?
T.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2007 at 10:10

He's not really doing that work any more I'm afraid. And he's in Cork, so you're bound to find someone more local to you in Dublin.

9" sound a nice compromise - should look great!

Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
m3sport View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2007 at 10:39

Yeah the gards will stop you more often the more racer like your car looks!! its fact, very first week i got my m3, i got followed for 6miles, then stopped and garda made up storey i was on the phone. Bulsh*t!!! This wouldnt have happend as quick if i was driving a more grand daddy like car.  Its bullsh*t but true. Anyway who gives a f*** once your legal and have all your particulars....Sad that this carry on goes on.....

I miss my m3.......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic