Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Motoring rants (which originally was about the UK Budget!)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMotoring rants (which originally was about the UK Budget!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motoring rants (which originally was about the UK Budget!)
    Posted: 17-March-2007 at 19:55

I've just renewed my road tax online, two weeks before it's due to expire. It may be a good idea to renew your road tax NOW (online) if it's due to expire on the 31st March 2007.

Online Road Tax

Speculation is, that there could be higher road taxes coming with immediate effect from the 21st March 2007 (post Budget).

2007 UK Budget

Save some £££ folks, you know it makes sense..

Edited by Rossi
Sponsored Links

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2007 at 23:55

Vote New Labour out at next election. You know it makes sense.

Surprise us all and vote in UKIP instead..... now that would really stir things up....

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 16:56

Originally posted by Horsetan Horsetan wrote:

...vote in UKIP instead..... now that would really stir things up....

or the Greens - you know it makes sense 

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 17:52

Vote New Labour out at next election. You know it makes sense.

Ok then but who do we vote for instead?

UKIP? Er no, bunch of pointless fools

BNP? No, bunch of even more pointless fools.

Conservative? Can you tell the difference between these guys and new labour?

Green? They'd ban our cars for a start so NO.

Lib dem? They'd put up taxes even more and the motorist would not get an easier time than they are now.

I would love to vote for someone else, I just need a party worthy of my vote...

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 17:54

BNP? No, bunch of even more pointless fools. ??????

I'm struggling to imagine they would be more pointless than the ones we already have, at least we may get some sense on imigration.

Best Wishes

Nigel

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 20:58
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

BNP? No, bunch of even more pointless fools. ??????

I'm struggling to imagine they would be more pointless than the ones we already have, at least we may get some sense on imigration.

Well said Nigel, with you 110% on that point! I'm not a big fan of their earlier years policies but I think they are better reformed for the better. It's only a matter of time before enough people get fed up with the way our country is being run down.

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 12:07

The BNP believe in repatriation for all none whites. So anyone who isn't white will be sent back to the country that their family originally came from, even people who are second and third generation in this country.

So yes a bunch of pointless fools.

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 13:59
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

The BNP believe in repatriation for all none whites. So anyone who isn't white will be sent back to the country that their family originally came from, even people who are second and third generation in this country.

Well said Peter. Where do the Ugandans go?

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
grahame34m5 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahame34m5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:22

The whole taxing the 4x4 thing, I feel, is just the begining. Once the leftys have got them baned it won't be long before they turn there attentions to large cars then anything over 1000cc, by which time they'll have us living in bloody caves again.

I say we should rise up and have a cull of all the lefty greenies just think of the amount of greenhouse gases they produce endlessly talking about the environment. We would be saving the planet!

08 e60 Alpina B5 S sold, please forgive me
03 e39 M5 sold
98 e38 728 Sport Individual dead
93 e34 M5 sold
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:27
Originally posted by grahame34m5 grahame34m5 wrote:

The whole taxing the 4x4 thing, I feel, is just the begining. Once the leftys have got them baned it won't be long before they turn there attentions to large cars then anything over 1000cc, by which time they'll have us living in bloody caves again.

I say we should rise up and have a cull of all the lefty greenies just think of the amount of greenhouse gases they produce endlessly talking about the environment. We would be saving the planet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:32
Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

Not sure whther you are being sarcastic or not.

Let me put it this way, my best mans girlfirend and the mother of his child is only second generation Uk. She was born here but her parents weren't. She works in the NHS as a cardiologist and contributes to our society just tha same as me or anyone else.

However as a none white she would not fair too well under the BNPs rule.

The BNP aren't about reducing imigration or stopping illegals getting into the country, they're about getting rid of anyone who isn't white regardless of why there here and how long they've been here.

If people don't have a problem with that then go ahead and vote for them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:34
Oh and my car is only in band F, so let's hope this new tax increase is just aimed at band G
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 15:00

The whole taxing the 4x4 thing, I feel, is just the begining. Once the leftys have got them banned it won't be long before they turn there attentions to large cars then anything over 1000cc, by which time they'll have us living in bloody caves again.

lmao

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 15:06

Let me put it this way, my best mans girlfirend and the mother of his child is only second generation Uk. She was born here but her parents weren't. She works in the NHS as a cardiologist and contributes to our society just tha same as me or anyone else.

The BNP aren't about reducing imigration or stopping illegals getting into the country, they're about getting rid of anyone who isn't white regardless of why there here and how long they've been here.

Second generation myself Peter, so no, I'm not being sarcastic sorry if it came accros that way.

My best friend wife gave birth to their second last week, he's also second generation however his wife isn't....where the hell do they go?

They just haven't really thought it out have they?

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 19:40

I was under the impression that is their old regime and not what they are about now. I have some family who are second generation Jamaicans so would also come under this ruling. One of them is a DCI in the police, the other works as a court administrator so also both contribute. What gets me is the ones who cannot speak anything that remotely resembles our language but can take our council houses which our tax has paid for and have benefits that we pay for. I do not see this as fair in any way, shape or form. It is this that needs to be stopped to stop our country going completely down the pan. I am a firm believer in "when in Rome...etc..." so why is it we have to give them their own space to practise what they want to do and if we oppose it we are being racist?  angry? don't even get me started.

Sorry, I appear to have veered off topic, not digging at any remarks on here but we have touched a subject very close to my heart and it makes my blood boil.

Mike

Mike

Edited by 540 V8

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 22:57

^^

We're all racist at heart. Deep down. Some deeper than others.

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 23:02

^^

We're all racist at heart. Deep down. Some deeper than others.

Such a true comment horsey.

I too wasn't aware thats what the BNP stood for now, and to be honest I doubt it is, they just seem to rattle PF's cage

Best Wishes

Nigel

chazzer View Drop Down
V8 Baby !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 23:03

Here Here who wants to join Grahame's party ?....
Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. Previous: 1991 BMW E34 520I Manual(non-vanos) 185K with full leather. 1990 BMW E34 525I Auto 113k in sterling silver
& 1993 BMW E34 520I SE in dimond black
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 23:08

If you really want to be able to propound the policies you want, you might want to have a go a standing in your local constituency as an Independent candidate.

With the "right" (and did I say "the right"? I meant "plausibly attractive") policies, you could find yourself in the Commons at the next General Election. Ask Martin Bell and that doctor fella from Wyre Forest....

And with sufficient numbers of Independents in the Commons, things could get interesting politically....very interesting.....

So, who's up for it, then?

stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 23:14

will the gas guzzling tax include the governments ministerial cars?

silly me, of course not....... doctor these painkillers are a bit too strong!

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic