Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedlewis in f1 2007

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ady530i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lewis in f1 2007
    Posted: 18-March-2007 at 11:09

watched f1 early this morning nice to see some young british drivers again and for lewis in his first drive in f1 to come third a world champ in the maken i think.

ady    

93 (K) E34 530i V8, Granite silver, black leather, a/c, 18" M-Para's, clear indicators, s/s exhaust, angels, black grille
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 11:47
he looked good alright but many said similar things about Jenson so Im going to wait another few races befire making my prediction on his championship abilities.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 14:28
After watching this morning I think the way for him to get the championship is to jump into a Ferrari , Raikkonin made it look so easy. I was hoping for a more entertaining race but overtaking still seems to be just to hard in these high downforce cars, I do think they look really beautiful this year
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 14:34
I have to admit to loving the new Mclaren livery. Many others just don't look as good as they used to - Honda, Renault...
1997 E39 523i
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 14:45
Ah , the Honda paint job..... interesting
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 16:23

Originally posted by muppet 2 muppet 2 wrote:

Ah , the Honda paint job.....

An enviromentally friendly F1 car - now there's a concept

p.s. well done Lewis..... I knew him when he was this high you know.....

Edited by thepits
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 16:44
The marketing of these new hybrids shows how easy it is to hoodwink these pretend environmentalists. They believe they are benefitting the environment by getting rid of their existing car in favour of something that has less emissions but don't realise that the manufacturing processes involved in making their prius or whatever does more damage than driving it! The environment would be better off if they skept their old car!

anyhow rant over - back to eco friendly F1

Edited by kbannon
1997 E39 523i
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 21:51

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

anyhow rant over - back to eco friendly F1

...which is as likely as a

But don't care.
Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 09:04
Lewis Hamilton has proved himself to be a worthy F1 driver congrats to him and Ron Dennis. 
But, the 'Media Focus/ Expectations' may have a negative effect on him.
Another thing that has plagued McLaren is reliability problems, just ask Kimi Riakonnen..
Best of Luck!
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 09:32

Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Lewis Hamilton has proved himself to be a worthy F1 driver congrats to him and Ron Dennis. 
But, the 'Media Focus/ Expectations' may have a negative effect on him.
Another thing that has plagued McLaren is reliability problems, just ask Kimi Riakonnen..
Best of Luck!

They may have turned a corner there both cars got podium finishes yesterday, when was the last time that happened???

I think Lewis is well under Ron's 'wing' media will not get a look in.

I watched the rerun yesterday at 16.10, what's with the adverts every 2 mins?????? may as well just watch highlights.

Edited by Sporty1

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 09:55
Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

They may have turned a corner there both cars got podium finishes yesterday, when was the last time that happened???

Turkish GP 2005 Kimi & Montoya was the last double on the podium for McLaren, but what happened after that?...

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 09:58

Turkish GP 2005 Kimi & Montoya was the last double on the podium for McLaren, but what happened after that?...

They hired Pete Tong as Senior Race Director.

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 10:40

Bearing in mind, Mclaren and others had a V10 engine then too..then to be downsized to a V8 in 2006.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:01

Bearing in mind, Mclaren and others had a V10 engine then too..then to be downsized to a V8 in 2006.

Used to go bang  fairly readily IIRC.

Edited by Sporty1

grahame34m5 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahame34m5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:16

I thought that is was good that Mclaren didn't let the media talk to Hamilton before the race. The media will be in a frenzy to ask him all sorts of daft questions that he doesn't need. Still bloody good drive from him.

Also what on earth has happened to Honda, how could they possibly have fallen so far down the grid? perhaps they are running the car on bio fuel.

08 e60 Alpina B5 S sold, please forgive me
03 e39 M5 sold
98 e38 728 Sport Individual dead
93 e34 M5 sold
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:29
Originally posted by grahame34m5 grahame34m5 wrote:

Also what on earth has happened to Honda, how could they possibly have fallen so far down the grid? perhaps they are running the car on bio fuel.

They need a few pointers from Super Aguri.

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:55

Used to go bang  fairly readily IIRC.

Along with Kimi's tyres as per 2006 season..

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 21:36

p.s. - don't forget the other 'Brits'

especially David Coulthard - it's his year you know

But don't care.
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 10:42
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

his last year maybe?!..
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 10:50
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

I thought he was going for his pilots licence now.......... didn't you see on Sunday? He got a few extra seconds in to make up his hours.

Button looked p*ssed.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic