Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKarcher Jet Wash V5.5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karcher Jet Wash V5.5
    Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:46

Remember a few weeks back I was looking for advise well I bought the Karcher V5.5  I have some pics top upload and will do later today.  It cool.  And far more powerful than I thought it would be.  I think it's around 2000W with a variable power gun!

Daz

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
Sponsored Links

Robmw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 19:23
Sorry Guys -Am I missing the point here - why spend days polishing a car for the next week to wash it using a powerhose, and wash off all the hard work

Regards

Rob
Robert Born
Bry535 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bry535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 22:56

Originally posted by Robmw Robmw wrote:

Sorry Guys -Am I missing the point here - why spend days polishing a car for the next week to wash it using a powerhose, and wash off all the hard work

Regards

Rob

Why would it wash it off?

Most waxes/sealants are pretty resilient, so a bit of pressurised water isn't going to harm them! Believe me i would have no customers if that was the case!

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 15:13

Originally posted by Robmw Robmw wrote:

Regards

Rob

They are safe as long as you aint trying to scrape the dirt off with high pressure

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Robmw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 18:43
I cannot agree that it would not wash off.e

I have prepared my cars using Zymol and Swissoil /Swissvax products . I have warmed up the polish in my hands but it does wash off and if the car is left out in all weathers , far too quickly.

In my opinion using a power hose and increased pressure just washes it off quicker

Regards

Rob

Robert Born
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 18:58

Well I'm happy I blast off the brake dust in a heartbeat every other day instead of scrubbing for hours each weekend like I used to.  And the car is garaged each night so she's taken care of and also recieves regular waxings.  Even if I don't have time I'll use the Meguiars quick wax stuff, looks the biz!

Daz

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
Robmw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 19:03
Daz, Fair comment about the wheels

Regards

Rob 
Robert Born
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic