Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOpinions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions?
    Posted: 19-March-2007 at 15:32
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about MotorVation in Bluebell? They had a nice M3 going that I had a look at. Any info greatly appreciated

Edited by 635CSi
Sponsored Links

kdevitt View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdevitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 16:05
Found them great to deal with...the silver M3 they have is slightly rough though if thats the one you're looking at
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 16:12
Originally posted by kdevitt kdevitt wrote:

Found them great to deal with...the silver M3 they have is slightly rough though if thats the one you're looking at

Yes that's the one, they had 3 M3's at one stage. The interior is pretty thrashed I noticed and there are a lot of scuffs. I suppose the price reflects the condition though. I've had a look at a few cars off them before and your man never budges on price
kdevitt View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdevitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 18:54
Came down a fair bit on price of the car my missus bought?

Will cost a few quid to put that M3 right - I'd try and include it in the deal.
Mick525i View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick525i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 19:59

Make sure your happy with the History....

Mick

Cheers
Mick

BMW E21 318 1980
BMW E39 525i 2002 MTech
VW Golf Gti 2003
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 20:41

It's an M3, if it looks rough.....it probably not been really looked after, these cars should've been loved and cherished - by every owner.

E39 530d Touring

Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 20:44

Is this the car??

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car& ;carID=601763

If so at that money i would want the car to be in good nick, not needing too much work. I know of an immaculate 03 with SMG, Harmon Kardon, 19's the lot with a genuine 28k on the clock that changed hands recently for 51.5k. Bear in mind it is two years newer and has all the toys with low miles and has been well minded, im not so convinced that the silver 01 is such a great deal, however if it is perfect and clean then yeah it seems like a decent enough price but i wouldnt give that money or anything near it for a car that needs work or is untidy.

99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
98' E39 M5 - Avus Blue, Dec Car!
96' M3 Saloon - Estoril Blue
94' M3 3.0 Convertible
91' E34 M5 - 3.6, Macau Blue

*E36 M3's Breaking*
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 20:54

</Quote> Is this the car??

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car& ; ;carID=601763

If so at that money i would want the car to be in good nick, not needing too much work. I know of an immaculate 03 with SMG, Harmon Kardon, 19's the lot with a genuine 28k on the clock that changed hands recently for 51.5k. Bear in mind it is two years newer and has all the toys with low miles and has been well minded, im not so convinced that the silver 01 is such a great deal, however if it is perfect and clean then yeah it seems like a decent enough price but i wouldnt give that money or anything near it for a car that needs work or is untidy.</Quote>

Yea that's the one, they also had an 02 or 03 I think it was all I know is it had 343 on the reg and it was wrecked. The 01 looked a bit tired in my opinion and the interior showed it's mileage. 70k miles is a bit high in my opinion for an 01 M3 considering 70k is when everything needs replacing and I wouldn't feel confident buying it. I couldn't agree more with what your saying, when your buying an M3 it always has to be the best one out there. That 03 example you mention sounds lovely except the SMG gearbox is not for me, I prefer conventional manual, sounds like somebody got a very good deal though

Edited by 635CSi
kdevitt View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdevitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 20:59
So, correct me if I'm wrong...but...

The silver M3 has gone from being a nice M3 that you're looking at, to being one that looked tired, with too high mileage, an interior thats showing its age and you wouldn't feel confident buying it?
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 21:29
Originally posted by kdevitt kdevitt wrote:

So, correct me if I'm wrong...but...

The silver M3 has gone from being a nice M3 that you're looking at, to being one that looked tired, with too high mileage, an interior thats showing its age and you wouldn't feel confident buying it?

Yes one of them I was looking at was nice alright, there was one that's sold now in reasonable condition, I'm referring to the other two that are tired looking, there was one with an MH reg that was absolutely wrecked but the 2002 was nice enough

<quote>Came down a fair bit on price of the car my missus bought?<quote>

Well I had a look at a Volvo C70 Convertible a while ago in scruffy condition and he would only give me a grand off it and it was overpriced as it was. Apparently they gets trade-ins from Joe Duffy that are over the age limit for them to sell, the C70 I was looking at was traded in against a 3 Series to Joe Duffy and that's how it ended up with them

Edited by 635CSi
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 10:06
your changing your mind a fair bit now in the middle of buying an audi.
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
b318isp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b318isp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 13:31
Originally posted by 635CSi 635CSi wrote:

Yea that's the one, they also had an 02 or 03 I think it was all I know is it had 343 on the reg and it was wrecked.

An E46 M3 with 343 in the reg was damaged at one of the club trackdays. A few people had a point of view of the driver too...
beemerchris View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beemerchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 13:59

Was that the estoril blue one? I remember a guy on a bmw track day switching of the tracktion mid bend (the third bend IIRC) the whole front was mangled and the guy showed now emotion or shepishnes or..... nothing at all. Was 3 cars behind him and and nearly crashed myself laughing so hard. That car wouldn't be worth a penny other than for parts.  

Chris
3rock-Car-Electronics-Services

Cars.:
e34 540t 6sp
e24 635csi
b318isp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b318isp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 14:14
No, it was before that.
Daveco View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 15:32
Went up to have a look at that silver example and I have to say I was very disappointed with Motorvation. It was missing the rear lip and I was told that the earlier E46 M3's didn't come with them. You could even see marks where the lip was forcefully removed. There was no service history with the car and the mileage was 10K higher than advertised for. I've looked at a fair few examples and it was a particularly rough one in comparison tbh. 
past-01 318ci auto, '01 318ci
present-'04 325ci sport
future-no house and a 5 car garage
Fey! View Drop Down
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 16:28

635; was that a G reg you were looking at?

635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 16:42
Originally posted by Daveco Daveco wrote:

Went up to have a look at that silver example and I have to say I was very disappointed with Motorvation. It was missing the rear lip and I was told that the earlier E46 M3's didn't come with them. You could even see marks where the lip was forcefully removed. There was no service history with the car and the mileage was 10K higher than advertised for. I've looked at a fair few examples and it was a particularly rough one in comparison tbh. 

They seem like right clowns, their cars look very clean and well kept in the photos but when you see them in the flesh it is a major disappointment. I would avoid that M3 like the plague!

<635; was that a G reg you were looking at?>quote

No actually, I think it was MH, as I said they had a few of them last week.

BTW kdevitt, what spec is your M3, does it have the SMG gearbox?

Edited by 635CSi
Mick525i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick525i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 17:14

That MH car is the one from Glen Walker mentioned here a few weeks ago????

Mick

Cars moving around all the time....

Cheers
Mick

BMW E21 318 1980
BMW E39 525i 2002 MTech
VW Golf Gti 2003
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 17:37
Well Glenn Walker is just around the corner from MotorVation and so is a dealer called Alan Kiernan
kdevitt View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdevitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2007 at 19:21
Originally posted by 635CSi 635CSi wrote:

BTW kdevitt, what spec is your M3, does it have the SMG gearbox?

Nope - hate autos, semi autos and sequentials... more to go wrong and I like being in control of my gearbox.

Specwise the car has every single option except electric rear blind and folding mirrors! (And SMG of course)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic