Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > South Eastern Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE46 M3 vs Lightening Fighter Jet - May 27th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradyme540i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E46 M3 vs Lightening Fighter Jet - May 27th
    Posted: 27-March-2007 at 19:04
Yes you read it correctly.....CA Automotive have challenged the owner of a lightening Fighter Jet to a drag strip style race against the stage 4 supercharged 'bionic bannana' E46 M3.

The date is Sunday May 27th at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground (www.bruntingthorpe.com) & the race will be around 12pm along the main runway.
The event will be covered by the TV show 'Pulling Power' as well as Kerrang Radio and a number of BMW/Performance related magazines.

Entrance charge is 10 & there will be many other attractions such as a number of rare Italian exotics on display from Joe Macari Cars (www.joemacari.com), CA Automotive will have a stand selling almost everything on the CA website (www.ca-at.co.uk), Kerrang Radio's Tim Shaw will have his awesome E46 vert on display along side some of the best BMW's in the country.

A percentage of all profits will be going to a childrens charity
Sponsored Links

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2007 at 20:09
D'ya mean an English Electric Lightning?

My money's on the fighter. Rapid beasts they were. Faster than some of the current stuff IIRC...
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2007 at 11:09

What distance is this over? If a shorter distance my money's on the car.

IIRC Ferrari F1 V's Eurofighter, Ferrari was quicker over a shorter distance, that was in the wet as well.

Before anyone else points out CA's car is not an F1 car, the Lightening is not the Eurofighter either....

Edited by Sporty1

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2007 at 12:12
AFAIK the English Electric Lightening isn't allowed to fly anymore due to it's age/air regulations or something. Also JC has one in his garden IIRC and his wife nearly dumped him for the mess he made draging it accross the lawn.
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic