Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedClean or what ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Short by about 148 bhp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clean or what ?
    Posted: 29-March-2007 at 10:43

This guy takes detailing to the next level, sorry it's a Vauxhall...

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=347865& amp;page=1

Michael.

'06 C220 Sport - '88 E30 325i Convertible

Sponsored Links

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 11:40
Quote Dave A
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   posted on 19th Mar 07 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not stick it in a cardboard box filled with cotton wool and push it round the streets wearing silk gloves as well?

..my thoughts exactly. Show cars in a gallery yes - but after all that work, to drive it outside and have some cretin on a pushbike scrape down the side of it or a gritter lorry driving past spraying it with rock salt or just general driving conditions - it would never be out of the garage getting cleaned. TBH a good clean (like some do on here) is as far as you need to go - any thing else like using micrometers etc. is just pure anal.

But that's just my view - my car just usualy gets a jet wash and maybe a wash 'n'wax in a monsterwash now and again. It only gets mucky again where I live.

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 12:21
12vMatt
Premium Member

User status: Online
   posted on 19th Mar 07 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wonder whether he is mates with this guy
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2007110349,00.html

John
Premium Member

posted on 19th Mar 07 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
clearly a complete tit with too much time on his hands.
its an astra FFS!

Thats exactly what I thought tbh.

Cost and time of doing that is far above what a 20k car needs.

A sunday afternoon with a bucket and sponge and some meguiars would have done the job.

its a good start mate. just drop it 60-80 mm and stick a phat oval pipe on it

KROOZUK-BEN

posted on 19th Mar 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loo_goblin
not being funny, but what a goon, probably spent about a quater of what he paid for the vxr to get it to what it is now.

i rekon he insists on using zymol as lube when he has sex

i think he works for zymol lol. but he probably does, he looks of gay anyway. i very much doubt anyone who spends that much time cleaning there car would have a ''other half''

fir3vip3r

posted on 19th Mar 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
"Paul then explained to me that to get an accurate assesment of the Vauxhall paintwork he would need to take 25 individual readings from each panel to build up a 3d picture in his head"

"I made a mixture of claylube from zymol autowash and zero ppm r.o water"

"He then pointed out to me that he had noticed a slight imperfection to do with glass distortion which he proceeded to show me on the headlights....I have to be honest i thought they were fine but he said he would do glass correction on them and make them perfect and he proceeded to skim what he said was approxumatly 1 micron off with a diamond polish until they were crystal clear"

"I had instructed my dealership Greens of Holborough not to touch the car upon delivery off the transporter even to the point of leaving all window stickers on"

clearly a complete tit with too much time on his hands.
its an astra FFS!

is there anything you DONT moan about

REALLY tpp much time on hands and obviously no social life if hespends a full week working on it, as he cleaned and polished it on the tues, wed, and thurs

Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 12:30
I must say, the seats are nice though.
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 12:49

they look nice when in the car but when they were just sitting on the ground they looked pretty rank. way over the top,

wouldnt let the dealers touch it,

was getting photos emailed for every step of the seats,

25 checks per panel for colour correctness,

if as a lot were saying if it was a supercar ie m5 etc i would say prob yes at a push, raging bull, prancing horse def yes but an astra- jesus, mary and the woodworker

Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 12:49
All a bit OTT for a daily driver, if it is one....but yes it did/does look clean, but so it should when you use polish on it that cost 7000ish.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 12:54

Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

All a bit OTT for a daily driver, if it is one....but yes it did/does look clean, but so it should when you use polish on it that cost 7000ish.

7k for how much of it, he must live at home with his parents, because no wife would allow any husband spend that much when she can easily buy new shoes, handbag, outfit, makeup the list is endless

Dave Ryle

skull View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 20:16
I dont think he did a proper job, I would have taken the wheels off to do them
just a little crazy.

My drive
E46 M3 COUPE [MAN]CARBON BLACK GREY LEATHER H/K 19"s LED REARS S/B.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 20:42
Don't suppose he used a bottle brush up the exhaust?
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
stevesingo View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevesingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 20:53
By the time he was finished F***ing about, it will have depreciated so much that the cost of the work done will exceed the value of the car! Waste of money!!

I wuldn't bother, even if I had a McLaren F1.

Steve
1990 Sport Evo No.47 Motec EMS
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.seed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 20:53

Got to say I'm impressed. Its always nice to see someone taking a bit of pride in something. To many people couldn't give a toss about anything  nowadays. Just park in any supermarket car park, you know what I mean. I reckon if thats his thing and he can afford it, fair do's. At least its constructive and he's not harming anyone.

Funny how on that other site they say  'ITS ONLY AN ASTRA' when they are all driving Corsa's. LOL.  

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 20:57
Originally posted by steven.seed steven.seed wrote:

Got to say I'm impressed. Its always nice to see someone taking a bit of pride in something. To many people couldn't give a toss about anything  nowadays. Just park in any supermarket car park, you know what I mean. I reckon if thats his thing and he can afford it, fair do's. At least its constructive and he's not harming anyone.

Funny how on that other site they say  'ITS ONLY AN ASTRA' when they are all driving Corsa's. LOL.  

Agreed, well said steven..

steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.seed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 21:01
Rob, Been noticing your new sig pic recently. Have you always had the type 42's on your car. They look nice. I've always liked mine, just a pity they don't do them in a bigger size than 16's.
1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Robmw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 21:16
Steven,

I agree with your comments it doesnt matter what you drive , if you take a pride in it . good luck to you.

Regards

Rob
Robert Born
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 21:49

Originally posted by steven.seed steven.seed wrote:

Rob, Been noticing your new sig pic recently. Have you always had the type 42's on your car. They look nice. I've always liked mine, just a pity they don't do them in a bigger size than 16's.

Just got them a couple of months ago and have been itchin' to put them on for the summer.  

yes they are style 42 16's.

[Back on topic]

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 21:55

Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

No point as it's a new car and he probably had it trailered home!

It now sits in its own humidity controlled bubble as he's afraid to use it in case it gets dirty  

another garage queen - pah!

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 21:59

Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

He probably uses something else...........

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2007 at 22:01

Originally posted by stevesingo stevesingo wrote:

By the time he was finished F***ing about, it will have depreciated so much that the cost of the work done will exceed the value of the car! Waste of money!!

Steve

Originally posted by dryle dryle wrote:

7k for how much of it,

A 'lifetimes supply' apparently it's a never ending pot.

Edited by Sporty1

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic